Sedgwick Law Firm Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1 Interview Review

1.0

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Law Firm (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Relieved not to be invited for another interview!

First was their mix up on the date of interview.

In the interview itself, the partners were not especially impressive, completely contradicting themselves regarding the type of work they do/want to do. e.g. They said in interview that they don't do dispute resolution work in London, yet their website describes them as disputes lawyers and lists all of their notable cases. Which one is it?

They don't have an ambitious approach to developing the London practice, very low key, no intention of procuring international work. Risky approach post-Brexit perhaps.

Partners spent rather too much time, unprompted, describing what a great relationship they have with the US offices, how much autonomy they have, how close all of the partners are, how collegiate the office is etc

Yet to top it all off, they described how they get rid of and manage out people who don't "fit in" with the team. I'm sure all firms do this, but why ever say that in an interview? Having just praised the collegiate atmosphere?

With so many excellent insurance law firms in London, I can't see a good reason to apply here over any others. I've met with a number of firms, all of which outperformed Sedgwick at interview by a long way. That said, if you want to kick back and not focus on your career right now, this seems the place to be...very low targets for fairly decent pay.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.