SeeByte Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SeeByte Interview Questions

Interviews at SeeByte

2.8

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SeeByte.

Interview

I submitted my application and was emailed about setting up an interview but the interview never happened. The position was put on hold and as far as I know has not been reopened since.

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SeeByte (Edinburgh, Scotland) in January 2020.

Interview

first interview over the phone, then twotechnical interviews on-site. The interview process was faster than my previous experiences. The interviewers were friendly an professional. I was kept well informed throughout the process and meetings were arranged timely

Interview Questions

• asked about my cv, and experience. I did a technical exercise on c++ as the interviewers were assessing my knowledge of the language. I was then quizzed about OOP concepts. At the end of the interview i was provided with the opportunity to ask about culture, processes,etc.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SeeByte (Edinburgh, Scotland) in November 2019.

Interview

Pros:
    - Kept up to date on the status of my application
    - Time between application and interview was short
    - Whole process was concise and professional

Cons
    - Orignial telephone interview with recruiter felt impersonal

C# Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SeeByte (Edinburgh, Scotland) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied online through a third party website. Received an email from their recruiter a few days later which I missed as it ended up in my spam folder. Replied and apologised and scheduled a quick telephone interview with said recruiter going over my background. Organised a Skype interview with a senior engineer a few days later.
    During this interview, I was informed on what Seebyte does, how my experience factored in etc. Was given a few basic and more advanced programming questions to complete over ~ 1 hour, where the interviewer hung up and resumed the call once my time was finished. Spent another 30 minutes going over my answers, my reasonings and explaining concepts I was unsure about. Heard back from them after a couple days in which I was invited to an in person interview at their offices in Edinburgh.

This interview took place over 3 hours, with two senior developers who evaluated my skillset and then left me alone with a design and programming test. Afterwards, again, we talked through my answers, explained how the engineering department at the company operated, what would be required of me and examples of the projects I would be working on. I heard back the following evening.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Seebyte?   1 Answer
    • What is your plan for your career?   1 Answer

Java/C# Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SeeByte (Edinburgh, Scotland) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online, explicitly mentioning that my experience was with Java rather than C#

I had a first interview in September, which consisted of some CV questions, the interviewer filling out a form about my experience, and a written pen and paper test. This pen and paper test was based around C# instead of Java

About a month later I got invited back to a second interview. This one repeeated the CV questions and form filling, but the technical exercise was different. It involved fixing some bugs, fixing some tests, and writing some new code. This was also in C#. The interviewer asked why I was taking a C# interview even though I don't have experience in it?!

Interview Questions

• Some standard CV based questions, such as
      "could you tell me more about this project you worked on"
      "how did you find working at X"   Answer Question
    • A pen and paper test, with some questions like
      - explain some C# concepts
      - write a function to do something
      - some math questions   Answer Question
    • Write code to
      - fix some bugs
      - fix some tests
      - add new functionality

Also design a system on pen and paper   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeeByte (Edinburgh, Scotland) in June 2019.

Interview

It was easy in terms of software development knowledge. You need to know the basics in mechanical physics. Requires good system design skills, with a good understanding of the context.

Interview Questions

• Describe how would you design a surveillance system (hardware used, communication protocols, software design etc.)   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SeeByte (Edinburgh, Scotland) in May 2019.

Interview

I had a 15 minute phone conversation with the recruiting agency followed shortly after by a face to face with 2 engineering managers present.

I was asked to do a short (10 min) presentation on a recent project I'd been working on, and answered a few questions on how I'd deal with some job specific scenarios. The whole interview lasted about an hour.

Soon after the formal interview I was invited to a more informal meetup with 2 other managers. We discussed the company, current work and plans for the future.

During the whole process the setting was relaxed and open, and the interviewers were more than happy to answer any questions I had about SeeByte technologies.

The whole process took around 3 weeks, although there were some delays due to my own commitments. It was relaxed and professional without feeling overly intense / formal.

Interview Questions

• What are the key elements of a software product?   1 Answer

Graduate C++ Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SeeByte (Edinburgh, Scotland) in April 2019.

Interview

The whole process took around 2 weeks total.
    I first applied online, and got a response back the next day to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter, where I went over my CV and past experiences.
    Shortly after I got a first on site interview which consisted of a 1 on 1 interview with an Engineering Manager followed by a pen and paper code test.
    After succeeding in the 1st code test, I was invited for a second one, over the computer.
    The next day I got an offer.

Overall the experience was excellent.

Interview Questions

• Some questions were about explaining what a function of a chunk of code was doing.
      Some array operations.
      Nothing too hard if you have experience in the language.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SeeByte (London, England) in December 2018.

Interview

I sent my CV directly to Seebyte, after more then 1 month a recruiter called me. We spoke for about 45min. Now I have to do the technical interview with one of their manager.

Interview Questions

• Typical general interview question like "Where Do You See Yourself in Five Years?", "how do you manage multiple projects".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SeeByte (Edinburgh, Scotland) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online. I had a phone call with the HR and later was invited for an interview on site.
    Started with an overview on my CV and discussed on my experiences and interests.
    Later on I was left alone for around 40 minutes to work on a few technical exercises. Ended the interview talking on my solutions and approaches to the problem and with questions from myself.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.