Sheffield City Council United Kingdom Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sheffield City Council United Kingdom Interview Questions

Interviews at Sheffield City Council United Kingdom

Personal Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sheffield City Council United Kingdom (Sheffield, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Badly managed, received 3 emails all with different interview dates and time. HR had no idea what was going on. HR lost my application and then forgot to send it on.
    Majority of jobs have already gone to internal staff and they allow managers to interview friends.

Interview Questions

• 1. what issues do you think young people leaving care face.
      2. what expereicne do you have of working with vulnerable young people.
      how would you utilize this in the role of PA.

3.this role involves working with challenging behavior. what skills and experience do you have in this area.

4. personal advisors have significant timescales that need to be adhered to. what skills do you have that would assist you in this.

5. team working in a busy service such as this is critical, can you give examples of when you have worked collaboratively with others.

6. what would you consider the key areas are when pathway planning.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheffield City Council United Kingdom (Sheffield, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Had to teach a maths lesson and then analyse the lesson. Then had a formal interview with the head teacher and it lasted around thirty to forty minutes. I was asked about how I would handle certain situations and what they would see in my classroom.

Interview Questions

• What would be the advantages of working in this school?   1 Answer

Inclusion Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sheffield City Council United Kingdom (Sheffield, England) in March 2019.

Interview

Spoke with three existing members of the team about the importance of inclusion in the education sector. The staff were friendly and made me feel comfortable.

A written test to check fluency of written English and editing skills.

Interview Questions

• What is Inclusion in education.   1 Answer

Rehousing Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheffield City Council United Kingdom (Sheffield, England) in October 2018.

Interview

I filled in an application form and submitted it via email. I had to address the person spec in this, addressing each point. At the interview I was given the interview questions prior to the interview with 15 minutes to prep my answers. Not sure if this is standard or just how my panel did it.

Interview Questions

• What 3 qualities do you think are most important for this role and tell us how you have demonstrated these   Answer Question

Assistant Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sheffield City Council United Kingdom (Sheffield, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Application, 10 minute presentation and standard interview. Relatively informal questioning which appeared to allow me to provide the best opportunity to explain what I could bring to this job.

Interview Questions

• Specifics about the legislation behind the job and my understanding. Also about management style and techniques.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Sheffield City Council United Kingdom in April 2016.

Interview

Fair, competence based and friendly....however...we were told we would get a decision within 1 week, and that all candidates would get feedback. That was six weeks ago. Calls to get feedback are put through to capita who told me that they are waiting for the line manager. They left the line manager emails and calls, still no feedback....dreadful.

Facilities Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sheffield City Council United Kingdom (Sheffield, England) in April 2016.

Interview

Very poor, shirt listed and had an interview with 3 staff members..only to find out after from very good sources that the job was already Pre given to someone else..thus happens a lot in the SCC

Project Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sheffield City Council United Kingdom (Sheffield, England) in June 2015.

Interview

Answered the suitability to role categorically in accordance to how the person spec read. Generic competency based in accordance to person spec. Used STAR theory to answer questions. Approachable very accommodating and broke the ice immediately.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you had to handle a difficult situation   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sheffield City Council United Kingdom (Sheffield, England) in September 2014.

Interview

Sheffield Council generally have a three member panel and use a competency based interview technique. Each panelist will usually ask between 5 - 7 questions.

Questions will usually start "Can you tell me a time when.......". "Using examples can you please ......" To ensure a high score in each area it is important that your answer includes an example from your professional experience and explain what you did. Using the STAR is a good way to ensure that you capture all the relevant points. You may get a follow up question based on the answer you give to tease out more information.

Interview Questions

• Can you share an example of a time you dealt with a conflict, what did you do and what was the result.   Answer Question

Private Sector Housing Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sheffield City Council United Kingdom (Sheffield, England) in March 2011.

Interview

2 interviews
    1st interview
    Looked over CV
    Discussed -
    skills - inquired of maintenance and construction skill
    education - general education - higher education - computer skills
    Personal Detail - performace etc
    2nd interview
    What could be brought to the position

Interview Questions

• Levels of maintenance and construction skill
      Customer / people skills
      Health and safety
      general education - higher education - computer skills   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.