Shell Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Shell

1,745 Interview Reviews

3.3

IT Intern Interview

Interview

Started with hirevue and then followed with 1.5 hr case study. The hirevue was standard and asked behavioral questions. The case study focused on specific questions about the case they sent a week prior.

Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The first step in the interview is an aptitude test followed by personality test. If you score high enough on the aptitude test and your personality fits their company needs, you will progress to stage 2 where you will do an on demand video interview where you are shown a question on your past experiences. You have 30 seconds to read the question to prepare a response and 3 minutes max to record your response.

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

lengthy, hard questions. they had good questions and i was not thrown any curveballs. the hiring process took about 1 month. once i was given an offer, they did a drug test and background check, and everything moved forward quickly from there.

Interview Questions

• how did you overcome difficulty   1 Answer

ICAM Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Easy but you gotta be prepared. Also, it is very important to have employee recommendations, better from a higher level inside the organization. Shell is a very traditional company and take really good care of who they choose to hire. Do your homework and investigate the company background and history before the interview, also make sure you talk to someone inside the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process was completely online, I applied online and was invited to complete Stage 1, which includes a cognitive and personality test, as well as a pre-recorded behavioral interview. Approximately 2 months later I received an invitation to complete the Stage 2 interview, where I was given the opportunity to study a case, and present the case given a prompt in front of 2 professionals at Shell in the form of an online video interview, followed by a Q&A on my presentation.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

applied online. logical reasoning and verbal reasoning tests, then was invited to hirevue interview consisting of 5 questions- why shell, a time you supported otheres in a group, a time you needed to gain team members commitment, a time you had to handle a difficult situation, a time you asked for feedback and why. two days after I finished hirevue interview, I was told I passed. final assessment consists of two sections. in the first section I gave a 5min presentation based on 28-page case study document sent me previously to review. followed by a 40 min or longer follow-up questions regarding to the case study (too long for me, can't even remember). assessors are nice and kept pushing me to get answers. the second section has a few competency questions- a time you made a mistake, a time you faced a setback, a time you led a team to achieve sth, a time you had to be very sensitive with people you dealt with. any questions for us.
    it's a difficult interview.

Shell Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied for a commercial role in the Shell Graduate Program. First, you’ll receive 2 assessments, one being more about aptitude and the other about attitude. More specifically, the 1st is a series of games (kinda similar to Lumosity games) and the 2nd is more about your personality and work style.

If you pass this, you are invited to take an On-Demand Video Interview (ODVI) through HireVue. You’ll record your answers to 5 behavioral questions. The questions are pretty basic interview questions, but I recommend practicing your answers with HireVue, so you feel more comfortable recording yourself. If it’s your first time using the platform, it may feel awkward and can hurt your chances of getting the position, as most hiring software analyzes body language.

If you pass this round, you move on to the final assessment which is a 2 part interview with 2 interviewers. The first part is a presentation on a case study. You will receive the case study 2 days before your interview and then will be given a specific topic about the case during your interview. You will be given 20 minutes to prepare a 5 minute, oral presentation. You will then be asked questions about your recommendation, your reasoning behind it, and then be given additional scenarios. It’s pretty straight forward, but I recommend really knowing your case, so then you can use the 20 minutes to organize your thoughts/ structure your presentation. It recommends 90-120 minutes of review, but I would recommend preparing a lot more (Hint: a SWOT analysis can really help). Afterwards, you’ll go into a behavioral interview. Again, it’s pretty straight forward.
    - The final interview is done via HireVue Video Chatting, so you can do it anywhere you have Wifi. During the 20 minutes where you create your presentation, your interviewers will turn off their audio and visual, so you can work in peace.

Your recruiter will be able to tell you additional information if you need it. They’re very nice and helpful :)

I also recommend reaching out to new hires via LinkedIn or through your university. Networking is always a good way to learn both about what the company is looking for and more about the company culture and your potential fit.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to adapt your communication style   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had to work under pressure to meet a deadline   Answer Question

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The whole Shell interview process is to gauge your intelligence, creativity, and character. The first stage after applying is sort of an IQ test identifying patterns with phrases, math, and shapes. If you pass this stage, you move on to the AI behavioral interview. You will be prompted with five basic behavioral questions and will film yourself on your webcam answering the questions. The last stage of the interview process is a technical case study, where two employees will Skype with you to ask you about the scenario after you present on it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had work with two people of different backgrounds to work together?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online- was sent a link to complete IQ/Personality assessments. Link was dead, did not work. When I contacted the career support system, they did not respond for a week. By that time, my application had been discarded due to not having completed the assessments... which I could not access. Very frustrating process overall.

Interview Questions

• Did not have the opportunity to answer any interview questions due to bad system technology and poor support.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Submitted my application at a college career fair and applied online. Completed a logic test and video interview. Was offered another round of virtual interviews but declined after receiving another job offer. Was not a fan of the impersonal interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you need to work with different backgrounds   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.