Shell Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 8 Jan 2019

3.3

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shell (New Orleans, LA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

online screening, phone interview, onsite interview. You will talk to many people evaluating your skills, your fit, and aptitude. The interview process was fairly extensive. Easier if you have had an internship their I think, i had friends who got offers when they had had previous internships with the company.

Interview Questions

• Usual behavioral, skills, weaknesses, tell me about a time..., ect   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

This interview process was done online. There were five questions and you had two minutes to answer each question. The interview was done in conjunction with other assessments. Overall all it was a very simple process

Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Two online tests, followed by an in person interview, then an in person interview at Shell Recruitment Day. All in all pretty straightforward, really focus on their assessment. The 1:1 is all according to the books and everything is pretty much pre-planned out. Definitely prepare well for an assortment of questions involving specific things you have done in the past.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell in October 2012.

Interview

Online application on the shell website, followed by a phone interview lasting around 30min. The entire process took about 2 months, involving 2 or 3 successive emails from the HR telling us to wait and that the interview date will be confirmed in due time. Good thing is that you will be informed within 2 working days if you have been rejected after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, standard questions regarding your resume and scenario questions, like how you handled certain things. This is then followed by a case study type of question, which has been described many times on this website.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Very long day, heard they have made it longer with technical interview followed by case study and group interaction exersice

Interview Questions

• Case study is tight on time with presentation of your conclusions to two interviewers   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. You either want to work for Shell or don't. Very fair offer.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shell (Chennai (India)).

Interview

The interview is a 3-step process.

1) Psychometric Tests: An online psychometric test (an elimination round) with generic questions like rate your leadership qualities on a scale of 0-5, how would others perceive you as a leader ? (0-5 scale answer) designed to test self-esteem (higher the better without being narcissistic) and stability of opinions (consistency in answering different questions seeking same answers is important).

2)A quant test (17 questions in 15 min, pretty complicated charts, calculator allowed), a decision making test (rate the action you would take in the following scenario on a scale of 0-5) and

an e-tray, (e-tray exercise is designed to simulate an email inbox flooding with mails, and you need to answer them. The answers will be MCQ type where you rate choices on 0-5 scale like decision making test. There will be one written type answer (be sure to answer it properly). You will have ~45 min to answer 15 questions, higher the appropriately answered questions the better. The context of the questions will be available in multiple folders in the e-tray software, so there will be a lot of back & forth for details (such as scheduling details, costs, etc).

3) Interviews: a) Case-study: 20 min will be provided to solve an individual case-study. Mine was a pipe-line planning case study, where I had to a) Select the optimal route for the pipeline b) Select the right technology of pipeline based on the information provided.
    There will be an information overload of random information. Generally, you will be judged based on how many sound criteria the selection/decision is made and how robust they are. Focus on safety, costs, feasibility, long-term and short-term advantages/disadvantages, company image and outlook, environmental impact etc. of your choices.

60 min presentation of case study where you will defend your choices and more question will be asked (see below).

b) Competency Based interview (60min): Focused on resume. Expect generic HR questions and detailed resume questions. Interview is leadership focused, not technically focused. Focus discussions on overall impact/target of resume point, the leadership skills involved.

In case of both interviews, the longer they go on, the better!

Interview Questions

• During my case study interview, I was asked how would I go on with my proposed pipeline scheme in case local population raises an objection.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Shell (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

It started with Psychometric test. Selected students were asked to submit 1 page resume. Further shortlisted candidates had 1:1 Skype interview with Shell's employees. Mine interview was taken by Dutch gentleman in his mid 50s . I suppose he was in India for some project. Based on the answers given in Skype interview, shortlisted candidates were flown to Bangalore for further rounds which included group activities.

Interview Questions

• Give the instances where you worked in group to succeed?
      Future goals?
      College projects relevant questions.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

standard Shell SRD. It is based on the CAR (Capacity, Achievement, Relationships) criteria. It has 5 rounds - answering emails, and then Q&A of how you answered them, 1 technical case study, 1 presentation and 1 CV interview.

Interview Questions

• Case studies, and how do you prioritize? No technical questions   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shell (Mumbai (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

the lengthiest interview process I faced in life was with Shell. Initial 2 rounds of psychometric tests followed by resume screening. After these are done, Shell comes on the first day at IITs. The process is now face to face, starting with shell hearing, then an e-mail based test round to study analytical skill. On the next day, one hour long HR interview was followed by case study and GD.

Interview Questions

• A complete HR based questions were asked during the interview hour. One would face questions related to what they have done in life and what kind of responsibilities they have undertaken. Questions are meant in such a way that the person answers how he/she tackled things that came up in b/w.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2012.

Interview

There is one phone interview and assessment center. The assessment center has 3 parts and lasts for a whole day. The 3 parts are: case study, group discussion and presentation.

Interview Questions

• They will give you a case study and ask you to analyze it for 1 hour. Then they will ask question in just 5 minutes.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.