Shop Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Buying Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Liverpool, England) in March 2017.

Interview

Assessment day- Consisted of a few of the current colleagues giving talks about various roles within the company, followed by talks about the company background, history, ethos, values etc

This is then followed by a group task, which consisted of a scenario or question that is then discussed and everyone gets involved and then findings are discussed and put together and presented back to everyone, which isn't as daunting as it sounds.

This is then followed by tours of the office buildings and the spaces, between one on one interviews with staff from the selected role you have applied for, you should by this stage know who will be interviewing you, as everyone is in the cube with you throughout the day and there is ample time to go around and network and ask plenty of questions.

Interview Questions

• What unique attributes would you bring to Shop Direct?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wasn't one

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Speke, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Speke, England) in March 2012.

Interview

Detailed and challenging interview. The interviewer had clearly done their research and came very prepared with where they wanted to take the interview. Questions were probing and took me out of my comfort zone on a couple of occasions. There was a good balance to the interview as well - it gave me the chance to really understand what I needed to know about the role, the team, the business etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Shop Direct and the journey we're on?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Liverpool, England).

Interview

Fairly quick to schedule an interview but once I had attended the communication stopped. Was told I would be notified the next week but heard nothing and have been ignored on several occasions since.

Atmosphere was nice and the building looks fantastic. Hopefully I get the opportunity to work here in the future. The interview itself was great as I got to meet a few members of the team and learn more about a company I have wanted to join for years.

Interview Questions

Shop Direct Response

19 Nov 2018 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Really sorry to hear this, It is not acceptable and receiving feedback is the minimum we can provide you after you have taken the time to interview with us. On top of that to feel ignored must be... More

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Shop Direct (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Video to submit which answers the questions on the screen

Online Test on java based questionz and one coding test

Face to face interview for one to one and half hour

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Speke, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Speke, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was really relaxed and ladies interviewing me were lovely. I was asked a lot about my previous role, looking back there was questions they asked when i should of elaborated more.

Interview Questions

• Off the top of my head there was no questions that were asked where i felt too uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Liverpool, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Two stage interview - first stage was very good with two current PM's followed by a bizarre role play interview for the second stage. The company claims to be moving to agile but the role play was based on good old waterfall project management. The interview appeared to be some kind of trick where if you don't jump up and down and shout at the interviewers then you don't get the job because you "didn't push back enough".

Interview Questions

• What would is wrong with the current plan?   1 Answer

Fraud Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Speke, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Speke, England) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed in a glass room with people outside which made me uncomfortable. Interview was heavily based around competency, and what you could bring to the role. Chat about current job role experience and skills that would suit the job. Interviewers seemed friendly enough.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have analysed data?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Bolton, England) in December 2016.

Interview

I was invited to complete a presentation and do a CBI. Disappointingly I never received feedback after putting all the effort and preparation in for a senior manager interview, After 3 weeks I chased carious members of the recruitment team. In the end I was casually told by the receptionist at the site the position had been filled. I raised my concerns to the head of talent and the site manager - to receive no apology.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have adapted your communication style to suit..   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Liverpool, England) in November 2011.

Interview

hiring via a head hunter / executive recruiter. interview efficient enough. interview, very poor and robotic, with poor questioning techniques show no interest in the individual and questionable why the interview took place in the first place. quick turnaround on the decision making.

Interview Questions

• how would your wife describe you - really an amateurish question from a very senior person in the business.   Answer Question

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oldham, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Oldham, England) in September 2015.

Interview

Test to see if you can correctly order pick within a set time limit. A quick English and Maths test. Asked about previous experience and explained what the job entailed. References checks to be made from previous employers.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.