Showsec Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Showsec Interview Questions

Interviews at Showsec

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Showsec (Leeds, England) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process seemed very well organised. It was held at Leeds First Arena. The staff seemed to know what they were doing and gave us a short presentation about what Showsec does after the presentation everyone took it in turn to have their documents scanned and pictures taken. Once that was done we each had a one-to-one interview. The interview was fairly easy as long as you gave some sort of anecdote to the question. All in all I'd say it was a pretty delightful process especially when I received the good news that I got the job.

Steward Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Showsec in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process is rather casual for Showsec. On my interview I was in a room full of other people also having interviews. Usual run through of your CV and previous experience, ask a few scenario questions about customer experience, general questions about yourself, why showsec, why do you think you would be good at this role, etc. Quite an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever/can you think of a time you have had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Showsec (Southampton, England) in April 2016.

Interview

very quick and easy, a few simple questions and took a profile photo, very nice ladies, and notified me a few days after whether I got the job or not

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with an irritated member of the public   Answer Question

Steward Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Showsec.

Interview

Took quite a long time to set up the interview due to difficulty with location. Interview was somewhat unprofessional with both candidates within earshot of each other but interviewers were polite and mostly professional for the job on offer.
    Interview consisted of 5 questions rated 1-5 based on responses nothing too difficult if you are prepared or can come up with something on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Showsec (Sheffield, England) in March 2017.

Interview

i applied for the job as an steward it took them a few weeks too phone and email me do come in for an interview the interview wasn't professional there was too candidates in the room with too interviewer and they left the door open so over candidates could here the interview was so unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• the question was. what was you past experience? and are you a confident person ?
      he asked me a few more which seemed abit personal at time
      theses question are so unprofessional so be ready too answer something you minght not know or something which is private   1 Answer

Crowd Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salford, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Showsec (Salford, North West England, England) in November 2016.

Interview

applied on line then i got a phone call to go to the salford office had a 1-1 then a month later got phone call to say i was successful then waited for a start date

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for showsec   1 Answer

Door Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Showsec (London, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward, as long as you have done a decent degree of research for the role and you show a genuine work ethic you will get a job here easily.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers   Answer Question
    • If all is lost, will you use justifiable force if necessary? Give an example of a difficult situation and how you would deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Showsec (Sheffield, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Got an email offering me to go to the nearest arena for an interview. The interviewer took a photo of me and photos of my documents then went through a page of basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• An example of a time you dealt with an uncooperative customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Showsec (Birmingham, England) in February 2017.

Interview

I basically applied online, after a few weeks I got an email inviting me in for an interview and was told to complete one module before hand which I did online. I then attended one of the most unprofessional interviews in my life, it was in a hotel and we all had our face to face interviews done in front of one another which is a first for me. The people doing the interviews spent a lot of time talking amongst themselves and were both SIA badge holders dressed in their uniform which is a bit strange given that its normally people from the recruitment department or managers who interview people. The interview was dead easy so I knew I had passed already, it took a few days before I received an email telling me I had passed and to complete more modules for health and safety online which included a lot of information about Showsec and the role in it. I was then emailed to book myself in for an induction in another hotel in Birmingham which was again to take place on an evening, this induction was far more professional and better but luckily didn't drag on for 3 hours so we were let go after about an hour and a half, there were two guys present there with one doing most of the talking whilst the other on occasions spoke but mainly sat quietly towards the back of the room, we filled in a few forms and were basically told that as well as being charged for the uniform we had to bring our own torch, pen and paper and in the case of working at a festival out own tents but he purposely still didn't go into more detail plus also reconfirmed that we would be working on a zero hour contract but there is always a lot of work available. I then had to complete an extra module and it took a fair few weeks before my contract was emailed to me as well as the details to the portal where I ordered my uniform and arranged my diary for work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult situation at work   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rotherham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Showsec (Rotherham, England) in March 2016.

Interview

Group presentation followed by individual interview. Basic questions on previous experience and knowledge. After accepting me I had to complete a number of online training scenarios to enable me to start in post. Need to buy own uniform.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.