Simbec-Orion Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Simbec-Orion Group

Busineess Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merthyr Tydfil, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Simbec-Orion Group (Merthyr Tydfil, Wales) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied via Indeed the usual way, about 2 months or so later I was contacted by the recruiter to setup a phone interview. This consisted of the usual competency/technical questions about the role and company etc.

Following the success of the phone interview, 2-3 days later I was invited for a panel interview. This is where things got a bit weird. I had asked the recruiter for all the information/structure of the interview I.e. who would be interviewing me and what departments they were from and what they would cover. I also asked if there would be any tests, I was reassured by the recruiter that there would be no tests and the interview is very self explanatory and I don’t need to prepare anything as it would be quite informal.

But it was anything but informal! Interview started well with usual competency/technical questions and then when I had given an answer to a tricky question one interviewer became quite aggressive and agitated. I had then reiterated what I had said and explained in various examples such as using the ‘STAR’ method. After this point the interviewer was looking at their watch constantly, not making eye contact, seeming disinterested and smirking towards other colleagues on the panel. I found that to be very unprofessional and childish to a point where I had thought my time was being wasted and I wasn’t being taken seriously. After all the time and energy people put into prep for interviews the least she could’ve done was to be open minded and acknowledge how the interviewee is feeling.

This completely put me off the role and the company, as I initially had high hopes but if someone can behave like that in an interview how must they be in a working relationship?

The interview was 2-3 hours long which I felt was overstretched with different people asking the same questions over and over and you’re just repeating yourself.

Interview Questions

Sr CRA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Simbec-Orion Group (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England) in January 2018.

Interview

You first have an phone interview with the recruter. It is an interview with someone from HR. If positiv, you will have an interview with the line manager and then you receive a final answer

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.