Skanska UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Skanska UK Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skanska UK (Bethlehem, PA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Met a representative at my school career fair. I had one face to face interview the next day. Never heard back from them. The interview was pretty casual, just spoke with a senior guy in the company about his role and my potential role. Did not seem as if they were actually looking to fill the position.

Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skanska UK (London, England) in January 2017.

Interview

online test, telephone/skype interview fairly straight forward, learn about the company and show that you really want to work for them. Assessment day, interview with HR and director then group interview and a 5 - 10 min presentation.
    just be yourself and learn the core values and some projects the company has worked on and how they reflect you as a person.

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skanska UK (London, England).

Interview

Application process consisted of general application requirements followed by an invitation to complete psychometric tests. Tests were of typical standard. Assessment day consisted of delivering a pre-prepared presentation, a group excercuse and an hour long interview. Overall very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. Lunch and refreshments served and reimbursed for travel

Interview Questions

• Not many technical questions; How the deflected shape of a beam changes with the position of the supports.   Answer Question

Engineering Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rickmansworth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skanska UK (Rickmansworth, England) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process consists in online tests, video interview, assessment centre. The online tests are not difficult, you just need a little practice, and for the interview you'll be asked questions about the company, what building/project do you like, why are you applying and also competency based questions. At the assessment centre, I was assessed along with other 4 people. It consisted in an individual interview, presentation about the company (it's an individual exercise you can prepare in advance in the days before the interview) and a group exercise (it was about ethical issues to discuss about with your team).

Interview Questions

• Why Skanska?
      Questions about your academic/work background and many questions about how you work in a team.
      What do you do if a colleague shouts at you?
      What do you do if you disagree with someone?
      What do you think about women in engineering?   Answer Question

Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rickmansworth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skanska UK (Rickmansworth, England).

Interview

Online application form, followed by online tests and a telephone interview. The final stage was an assessment centre. Only a small assessment centre, 6 of us with 6 assessors. A friendly and relaxed atmosphere, genuine feeling that the staff wanted you to do well and were interested in seeing what you had to offer. They are keen to find people that fit in with their values.

Interview Questions

• Skanska are very passionate about their values and acting sustainably and ethically.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rickmansworth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skanska UK (Rickmansworth, England) in February 2016.

Interview

A series of online questions and cv submission, followed by online psychometric tests, telephone interview and assessment day, where we did a group task followed by an individual presentation and an individual interview.

Human Resources Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skanska UK (Watford, East of England, England) in August 2015.

Interview

- Application Online - indeed.co.uk
    -Psychometric tests - numerical and verbal
    -Phone interview - give example of some of their projects
    -Assessment centre (your typical assessment centre: face to face, group exercise and a test (two questions) and a presentation

Interview Questions

• Why Skanska
      What do you think are the qualities/skills of a HR Graduate
      Questions around their values & 5 zeros   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rickmansworth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Skanska UK (Rickmansworth, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief presentation on the company and their policies. Presentation on the company to two assessors, followed by an interview again with two assessors. Everyone in the company was very professional and friendly, made me feel very at easy with the whole interview process. The interview was dealt with very professionally.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Graduate Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skanska UK (London, England).

Interview

Following an online assessment covering numerical and logical tests I was invited to an assessment centre in Maplecross. We were 10 applicants and the assessment centre ran from 9 to 5pm. It included a group exercise, an interview and a presentation. The company has a great corporate culture and they offer a competitive base salary with car allowance and transport allowance on top, which makes it very attractive. The interview process was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Typical competency based questions   1 Answer

I was more inclined towards project management.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skanska UK.

Interview

Initial application process consisted of an online application through my university with typical essays that also included an essay on why i wanted to join the company.

The second part of the process included an interview which lasted ~45mins. After typical get to know questions i was asked a technical question regarding a construction site process.

Questions included:
    1) Explain what attracts me to Skanska
    2) What my advantages/disadvantages are
    3) Where i see myself in 5 years
    4) If i am prepared to work anywhere in the UK
    among the other more standard questions

Interview Questions

• What measures would i take before drilling a shaft in the ground in a construction site? How would the ground be supported?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my contract terms

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.