Skanska UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Skanska UK Interview Questions

Updated 28 Aug 2018

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skanska UK (Bethlehem, PA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Met a representative at my school career fair. I had one face to face interview the next day. Never heard back from them. The interview was pretty casual, just spoke with a senior guy in the company about his role and my potential role. Did not seem as if they were actually looking to fill the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rickmansworth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skanska UK (Rickmansworth, England) in February 2016.

Interview

A series of online questions and cv submission, followed by online psychometric tests, telephone interview and assessment day, where we did a group task followed by an individual presentation and an individual interview.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skanska UK in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the graduate scheme starting in 2018. One week later, they sent me an email asking to complete a psychometric test online within 7 days. The test consisted of numerical and logical questions. It was harder than I expected and it requires a bit of training. I passed the test and they invited me for a telephone interview. The interviewer was kind and she put me at ease. The interview lasted about 30 min. One week later I got an email saying that I haven't been successful without any kind of feedback.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skanska UK.

Interview

Initial application process consisted of an online application through my university with typical essays that also included an essay on why i wanted to join the company.

The second part of the process included an interview which lasted ~45mins. After typical get to know questions i was asked a technical question regarding a construction site process.

Questions included:
    1) Explain what attracts me to Skanska
    2) What my advantages/disadvantages are
    3) Where i see myself in 5 years
    4) If i am prepared to work anywhere in the UK
    among the other more standard questions

Interview Questions

• What measures would i take before drilling a shaft in the ground in a construction site? How would the ground be supported?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my contract terms

Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skanska UK (London, England) in January 2017.

Interview

online test, telephone/skype interview fairly straight forward, learn about the company and show that you really want to work for them. Assessment day, interview with HR and director then group interview and a 5 - 10 min presentation.
    just be yourself and learn the core values and some projects the company has worked on and how they reflect you as a person.

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Cross, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Skanska UK (Maple Cross, England) in April 2014.

Interview

I had a 20 min conversation with the recruitment manager, didn't get asked many questions but able to build a good rapport. Met the team on the day and got an offer letter before left the building.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rickmansworth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Skanska UK (Rickmansworth, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief presentation on the company and their policies. Presentation on the company to two assessors, followed by an interview again with two assessors. Everyone in the company was very professional and friendly, made me feel very at easy with the whole interview process. The interview was dealt with very professionally.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Human Resources Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skanska UK (Watford, East of England, England) in August 2015.

Interview

- Application Online - indeed.co.uk
    -Psychometric tests - numerical and verbal
    -Phone interview - give example of some of their projects
    -Assessment centre (your typical assessment centre: face to face, group exercise and a test (two questions) and a presentation

Interview Questions

• Why Skanska
      What do you think are the qualities/skills of a HR Graduate
      Questions around their values & 5 zeros   Answer Question

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skanska UK (London, England).

Interview

Application process consisted of general application requirements followed by an invitation to complete psychometric tests. Tests were of typical standard. Assessment day consisted of delivering a pre-prepared presentation, a group excercuse and an hour long interview. Overall very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. Lunch and refreshments served and reimbursed for travel

Interview Questions

• Not many technical questions; How the deflected shape of a beam changes with the position of the supports.   Answer Question

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rickmansworth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Skanska UK (Rickmansworth, England) in February 2018.

Interview

The process started with Submitting CV through the website and answer several standard personal information questions. I was contacted by the recruitment team after the deadline to proceed with psychometric assessments including numerical, verbal, and logical test. After the completion I was invited for a telephone interview discussing motivational and competency based questions regarding the company. The final stage was the assessment centre, where only 3 candidate showed up on the day. The day consisted of individual presentation (topic handed a week before), Individual Interview, and Group Exercise with different ethical scenario.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.