Sky Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sky Customer Service Interview Questions

Interviews at Sky

3.2

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sky in March 2012.

Interview

Appalling. No space for individuality whatsoever. I particularly hate assessment days because of their false set up but this was the worst ever.
I applied online on their website and I was surprised to receive a call the next day by someone in HR. I must say all the HR people were nice and friendly (apart from two who seemed on the grumpy side).
I was invited for an assessment day. Not the best of starts (I've only had 3 assessments in all of my career and I hate the group exercises, especially if you're doing them with strangers).
The exercises were on the dull side (what would you do as a company in this particular situation blah blah blah?). There were two individual 'exercises' but NO 1-2-1 interview! I was speechless when they ended the day with no personal interviews. I expected them to want to know about us as individuals, not just as members of a group, ask us about our previous experience, want to understand why we wanted the job, the usual thing. But then individuality doesn't seem a major priority for this company, by reading previous comments.
Before the assessment they asked to fill in an Experian credit report (last address for the past 5 years, past 5 years employment, mother's maiden name etc). I found that extremely intrusive. We are not even employees yet and we have to be probed like that already?
Even if offered the role I would have probably not taken it. The method used gave a big insight into the mentality of the company, not one I want to be part of.

Interview Questions

• No question on interest in job, personal experience, etc was asked   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sky

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Online application where you do a test, telephone interview where you get asked about yourself and some contempance questions, then an assessment day which you do different tasks from team work to mock scenario and face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why sky?
      Tell me a time you helped someone and how they reacted?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Phone and open day assessments and then a one to one interview with a competency questions asked regarding targets dealing with customers and how did i handle them and if productive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunfermline, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sky (Dunfermline, Scotland) in April 2015.

Interview

well put together process with in depth questions to assess your personality and knowledge. the only problem was during the process 1 of the interviewer's let slip the positions had already been filled.

Interview Questions

• what was my most memorable difficult customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Glasgow, Scotland) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, the next day I had a phone call to arrange a phone interview...... passed both and was invited for a Experience Day. All in All was a pleasurable experience.
    Unfortunately I wasn't offered the job but that hasn't phased me as it was an amazing experience

Interview Questions

• Tell Me A Time You Have Had To Deal With Stress   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

After attending a 3 hour assessment day and being told that there was a good chance of being given the job, I received an email the next day to tell me I had been unsuccessful and would not be entitled to feedback.

Interview Questions

Sky Response

12 Dec 2017 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we value your feedback. We're sorry to hear that not all of your experience was a positive one. I will pass your feedback relating to the... More

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Not very good, the lady seemed like she was fed up, talking very monotoned. She asked me the same question 3 times, i gave her 3 answers but she kept saying thats not what i want to hear.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Apply online, face to face interview, scenario whereby we were given a large booklet with solutions to issues and took a phone call from an interviewer who came to us with an issue, presentation on a new product.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunfermline, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky (Dunfermline, Scotland) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied online and passed their online test. I was then given a telephone interview which, although straightforward I struggled to understand the guy giving my interview (he mumbled and generally had a negative tone throughout). I had to repeatedly ask for him to repeat himself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond at work?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way for a colleague or customer   2 Answers
    • List 3 qualities that make you suitable for this role?   1 Answer

Sky Response

15 Apr 2019 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you haven't had the best experience. We appreciate all feedback and will make sure this is looked in to.

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Complete paperwork, watch a video, role play at the end, group task where you have to work with someone and figure out the best characteristics about someone who works in customer service

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you’ve been passionate about keeping a promise to a customer   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.