Sky Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sky Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Sky

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First, I emailed my CV, 3 days later I got the invitation to do the online assessment. Right now, I just have finished my first online test, and I'm waiting for the next round. The first round is to watch 4 graphs and tables , then answer questions based on that. you can have access to the graphs during the test. the interview is quite nice

Interview Questions

• The first round is to watch 4 graphs and tables , then answer questions based on that. you can have access to the graphs during the test. the interview is quite nice   Answer Question

6 Apr 2020 – Social Media Specialist

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you had a good recruitment experience with us so far. We wish you the best of luck in the next round!

Other Interview Reviews for Sky

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky in December 2019.

Interview

First initial interview, take home test and then final stage interview.
    Final stage interview allows you to tour the sky campus. Which is pretty nice feels like a university campus.
    The on-site interview consist of a code pairing exercise and an architecture discussion.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Lisbon (Portugal)) in August 2019.

Interview

Codility challenge - Quite simple coding skills check with a SQL query
    Chat over the phone - Just to schedule the interview and know a bit about my progress in uni and what I've been doing
    Technical Interview in person - about the subjects below, both interviewers were fantastic and got me very confortable
    Personality Interview in person - I didn't get to this one

Interview Questions

• knowledge regarding programming. experience with databases, REST, parallel programming and talked about my thesis   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied two roles at Sky, a Scala based and a Java based. They sent two very simple technical tasks what I solved in my best knowledge, added test cases, designed properly.

For the Scala based they failed me with this reason: Not enough functional. Excuse me, if you want something more functional please design a task which is much suitable for using the functional features. The best Scala feature what candidates really can use are pattern matching.

For the Java based they failed me with this reason: My solution doesn't fulfill the requirements what is ridiculous, because my program solves the exact problem what they wanted.

Interview Questions

Sky Response

26 Mar 2019 – Recruitment Business Partner - Technology

Hi We're sorry to hear that you had a bad experience interviewing with us and we apologies if the test didn’t meet your expectations. To ensure that this never happens again, we’ll be sure to pass this feedback onto the hiring managers to see how we can best tackle this problem. Thanks, Recruitment Business Partner (Tech)

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Had a phone call to discuss what I’m looking for and about the role. I was invited for the assessment centre. I received details about the Assessment centre the night before, it was all rushed. There was a pair programming exercise followed by a panel interview. I was given a verbal offer on the same day but a few weeks down the line the recruiter cancelled my offer as I required a sponsorship. The first question in the application form is ‘Do you need to be sponsored?’ and I answered yes. I wasted 1 day holiday for the Assessment centre and they put my hopes up by giving me a verbal offer..

Interview Questions

Sky Response

7 Sep 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We always appreciate feedback from our candidates and we’re sorry to hear that on this occasion you were unhappy with your experience. Whilst we are diligent with our recruitment sometimes things can get missed on the system. Your feedback has been passed on to our Technology Recruitment team and in the future we will be more vigilant that the system is picking up visa requirements.
    Thanks, Technology Recruitment Partner.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Telephone interview with someone at sky. Standard questions asked and information on processes and next steps provided. Very polite and clear talking interviewer. Interview began on time and lasted around 40 mins.

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Leeds, England) in July 2016.

Interview

Hiring consisted of an initial unattended test, followed by an on-site pairing session wrapped up with an informal interview. The recruitment team at Sky were great, happy to offer feedback on each stage if requested and happy to go find the information they don't have at hand.

Felt like the recruitment team made the effort to work with me to help meet my needs as a potential employee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentford, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Brentford, England) in June 2016.

Interview

Preliminary questions about your preferences when programming e.g. Likes and dislikes e.g. Hate writing SQL, love algorithms data structures , answered by email. Then ranging from knowledge of collections, thread programming, streams, unit testing, mock frameworks, REST services and HTTP methods a phone interview. Finally followed by a face to face interview that focuses on pair programming. It normally takes 30 mins if unsuccessful or extends to couple of hours with tour of site if successful.

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Leeds, England) in May 2016.

Interview

In total the process took about two weeks.

I started by contacting one of Sky's recruiters after meeting them at an open evening and passed along my CV.

A quick 30 min phone interview was done shortly after with a senior developer. This was pretty relaxed and mostly chatting about experience in different areas of development such as library/tooling knowledge and unit testing etc.

The next stage was an at-home tech test which involved building a shopping cart style solution. This was estimated as a 3 hour test but took me a little longer.

Finally I was brought in for a pairing exercise. This involved sitting down with my phone interviewer and completing another tech test (very similar to the at-home one). The focus of this test was definitely more on teamwork and expressing your thought-process.

Interview Questions

• Do you use a functional programming module in JavaScript? What would you say is an advantage of functional programming?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (London, England).

Interview

Everyone was very welcoming. It was a pleasant experience, and is different to other 1:1 interviews, as it was a relaxed environment. The interview process as a whole was very laid back and didn't quite feel like an interview. The process was simple and explained before it began. It started with a task, a tour, and then the interview where the interviewer wrote down notes.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to how you work as a team and problem solve. They were very easy to answer and most of the questions required an example.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.