Sky Home Service Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sky Home Service Field Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Sky

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky (Nottingham, England) in August 2020.

Interview

Ridiculous virtual assessment!! Got asked questions that had nothing to do with the job. Some I just couldn’t answer unless I made up lies which isn’t my style. They are looking for salesman that have “the patter” more than a practical person that will install equipment. Are you looking for slimy salesman or engineers SKY? I could do that job standing on my head but didn’t have the right face for the job. You missed out on a committed employee SKY that would have worked hard and got the job done!

Interview Questions

• Stupid questions that have no bearing on the actual job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sky

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky (Leeds, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an online video application then onto an assessment day. At the assessment day there were competency based questions and situational questions put to you both as a group and as an individual. Best advice I can give is to show you can work with others and try to work together as much as possible.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of when you have dealt with a customer complaint and what you did to resolve the matter.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England).

Interview

Filled in application online, at a weekend. Then completed an online multiple choice test, which I passed. Following day I completed a video interview answering questions based on experiences with customers, solving problems etc. A couple days later, I was called and informed I was successful with this and invited me to an assessment day just 6 days later. Assessment day was outstanding, very laid back, sky have a focus on looking out for your personality, be yourself and if you fit what they look for, you will do well. I was told on the day I had passed this and sky would like to employ me subject to passing a medical which I did straight after and passed. However I am now being told there is no availability for the postcodes I have applied for and they shall keep me in their talent pool. So I am now feeling a little disheartened and confused. Do I have a job and if so, will I find out in a month, or 6 months? I really want to do this job and give it my all, however I'm worried I am going to loose the opportunity when I have to start seeking other work I dont need to do.

Home Service Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Video interview which involved 5 questions which ranged from questions like: name a time where you have provided excellent customer service? And describe the importance of helping colleagues out and how it affected you? They are looking for specific examples where you have demonstrated these abilities personally.
    Assessment centre was great, really relaxed and informal felt more like a group activity more than an assessment. Had to design and build something with a mechano set and then describe to another team how to build without looking, they are looking at how u give and receive instructions so speak clearly, contribute well and listen to other people’s suggestions, so try not to take over but make your voice heard. And the other assessment was a short role play where you had to pick the appropriate location for a satellite dish taking into account numerous hazards and specifications, you then had to describe to an assessor who was acting as a customer what you were doing. Very informal and relaxed really enjoyed the day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you’ve had to deal with a situation what has not gone to plan??   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in December 2019.

Interview

Experience day including interview, group exercises, role play etc. Options of AM/PM took roughly 4 hours including a medical if successful. There was 6 of us at this stage but I understand there were due to be more.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy working under pressure to resolve difficult situations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, North West England, England

Application

I interviewed at Sky (Warrington, North West England, England) in November 2019.

Interview

Video interview via an app. The app asks you aquestion and you get 120 seconds to film your answer. Asking situational questions like think of a time when... telated to teamwork alot

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you made a mistake at work and what gappened   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Online test.
    Situations, priority arrangement, scenarios.

Phone interview- Easy enough. As long as you answer the questions using the STAR method

Group interview- various group and solo tasks. Involve practical and communication tasks. And planning a days work.
    Fairly tough but ok

Interview Questions

• “Can you give me an example of when you....”
      Showed outstanding customer service
      Had to overcome a problem at work   1 Answer

Sky Response

12 Jun 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Thank you for leaving a review on your recruitment journey and great to hear you were offered a position with. Welcome to Sky

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sky (London, England).

Interview

Got telephone interview but ended it after 5 mins as job was advertised at 30000 34 000 ote. They offered 22000. Didn't get to any questions. They make you jump through some hoops but wouldn't leave a job paying 30 for 22

Interview Questions

Sky Response

15 May 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Thanks for leaving a review. The basic salary for Home Service Engineers is £22k. £30k is inclusive of company benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Warrington, North West England, England).

Interview

Online application followed by online test which involved a psychometric assesment, if you pass this stage (you will notified by email at the end of the vacancy date and sky will email you to let you know and a telephone interview will be arranged (usually at their own convinience). Questions will be why do you have a passion for customer service and tell me a time when youve worked as as a team (stuff like that) If you pass the telephone interview (they tell you on on the phone) you will then wait a few days for another call to tell you an assessment date (again at skys own convinience, so be prepared to be available whenever) assesment day normally at a hotel not too far from your home for me Liverpool it was Warrington holiday inn, woolston grange. Assesment day included an external assessor and 2 fairly local team engineers and the assesor who did not work for sky he was just a contractor who sky hire for job interviews he had never picked up a tool in his life so he or she will be looking for strength based candidates and someone who is good on the day regardless of how you will perform on the job! So be outgoing, be confident and basically stand out but in a professional manner. The day took 3.5 hours roughly and consisted of a online intro to the sky role (which you can just youtube yourself) then moving tables out of the way to look at how you move furniture, then we Had to build a Meccano set with random pieces and no details of what to build and how to build in our groups (there was only 2 of us) so we split up back to back facing away from each other and relay the instructions to the other candidate' so he can build what i built from nothing then vice versa i built his set by him telling me the instructions, Then we compared. Then we had to do a job schedule excercise puttin your days jobs in order from a-h with hazards and other issues like texts from customers so rearrange as needed, you need to use time scales and dont forget to include your lunch hour allocation on this task(which is critical to the assessor) and the text from FRED at the bottom of the sheet asking for help!!!Then role play to the assessor in another room about were about you would install satellite dish on the given housing diagram (which you have 15 mins to look at plan before hand before you actually do the role play) then by jotting down hazards of the property(which may affect your task installing the dish and wiring.In the role play the assessor acting as the customer will ask awkward questions like but i dont want the dish in that location why cant it be in this place and you need to be quick thinking for this as its just like speaking to a customer (so again be confident people) .Then after this task you will need to tick off 10 stength based questions why you like helping others tick either thats me or thats a bit like me or not very much like me but then again in anothe room the assessor will go over everything you have ticked and question why you ticked it so if the one of the questions is for example 'why do you like helping others?' Dont tick its a bit like me, because he will ask ok then so whats you makes you believe its only a bit like you so theres two sides to each answer to explain when he asks. If at the end you are offered a position, you will have to go a do medical with a nurse who told me you have to do give a urine sample to test for glucose which is weird as you already tell then beforehand any medical conditions! So it will be a drug test more like so if youve been to Amsterdam and smoked legally or smoke just like people like to drink alcohol on the weekends, then youll have to detox for the interview as they test for THC aswell as other drugs. Be confident, theyre not bothered about your practical skills even if your a fully qualified electrician! Be confident and prep your strength based questions and stand out but in a good way also try to look for job schedule assesments online and practice!!!

Home Service Field Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Online tests, month later got an email saying they wanted to do a telephone interview but then an email saying job was full, then get a phone call saying this was a mistake and they did want to do an interview. This was quite long took about 45 mins but was straight forward. Passed that and got invited to assessment centre, me and two others basically a practical test, then two or 3 different activities -customer services based. Passed that and did a medical, was really happy to pass as it was around 5 hours I was there, they made out that the job was basically mine...Got an email the day after to say the job was filled but then I would be kept on file for 6 months and assessment centre honoured...phoned up and the guy said this happens sometimes and would just have to wait and see basically. Fingers crossed

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.