Sky Home Service Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sky Home Service Field Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Sky

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Runcorn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky (Runcorn, England) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online, Have a phone Interview then a formal face to face interview with a medical. It was pretty much like any other interview process. We had a scenario that took place and we had to give our views on it. It went something like this. If you was stuck in a cave and water was rising, you could get one out at a time but each person had a background. ie, a rapist, robber, mother, child. Who would you get out first.

Interview Questions

• they ask about our fitness levels, past work experiences in a similar role   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sky

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in January 2017.

Interview

Online Application.
    Then telephone interview. Basic Competency Questions. Give Example of Problem Solving? Example of Customer Service? Example of Health and Safety? They tell you if you have passed or not after the questions. I passed and invited to Assessment Centre.
    In the assessment centre, there was only 4 people including myself. They gave introductions to the company and job role.
    First task, we split into two groups facing away from each other. given Meccano play pieces. Each group told to make anything we want from the Meccano pieces. Then we had to instruct the other group to make the models, without seeing what they are doing. They checking on how you give instructions.
    Second task, we had to pick a location on the customer house on where the Sky dish had to be installed. Then you discuss where, how and why on the chosen installation to the "customer"/interviewer. They checking your customer service and communication skills.
    Third task, we given a map, list of customers we needed to visit and timings. We had to plan our route. then with the interview explain the chose route.
    Fourth task, personality based interview. this was different to any interviews I had. cannot give examples, just direct answers. questions were about you justifying your personal traits. like, Why do like to help customer? Why do like to solve problems? Why do you like practical?
    in between the tasks, sometimes we have a break and opportunity to talk to a Field Service Engineer. Here is the chance to ask about the role and what it is really like.
    At the end , they tell you whether you have passed it or not. For me I have passed, and waiting to be called up for training.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you solve the problem. What was the problem and what did you?
      Give me an example of customer service?
      Give me an example where you carried out Health & Safety procedures?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Birmingham, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial screening after you apply and they read your CV and cover letter .
    Then onto a phone interview that is arranges by the recruitment team at a time to suit you,
    Then you get an invite to the assessment centre at a location not too far away.
    You then get told on the day if you have passed that stage. Once Driving licence and checks are done you have a medical on site with the nurse.

Interview Questions

• Phone - What health & safety issues could be associated with your role and what hazzards should you expect to encounter   1 Answer
    • Phone - Explain why you are passionate about Health and safety & a time where you have taken it into consideration or put it in place   1 Answer
    • Phone - Why do you want this role, why are you passionate about it and why do you want to work for sky?   1 Answer
    • Assessment Centre - Group session split into groups , you get a bag of mechano sets & haveto build a model as a team. Then without looking you have to explain exactly how you built it & they haveto copy   1 Answer
    • You get given a diagram of a house, a few points where a dish can be installed. Some hazzards that could affect your job & a list of satalite specifications (what the rules are about applying the satalite). You then have decidebwhere tonput the dish, trail the wire and why. Then the assessor plays the role pf the customer , you haveto explain why you want to put it & how to get rid of the hazards   1 Answer
    • Assessment Centre- You get given a list of jobs split into AM, PM and Any time. You have a start time & a map of your jobs. You have 15 minutes to put these jobs in order to plan your day using the map and job points   1 Answer
    • Assessment centre - Strength Based interview, you have a questionare you fill out , eg - i am bery pssionate about helping others   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Warrington, North West England, England).

Interview

Online application followed by online test which involved a psychometric assesment, if you pass this stage (you will notified by email at the end of the vacancy date and sky will email you to let you know and a telephone interview will be arranged (usually at their own convinience). Questions will be why do you have a passion for customer service and tell me a time when youve worked as as a team (stuff like that) If you pass the telephone interview (they tell you on on the phone) you will then wait a few days for another call to tell you an assessment date (again at skys own convinience, so be prepared to be available whenever) assesment day normally at a hotel not too far from your home for me Liverpool it was Warrington holiday inn, woolston grange. Assesment day included an external assessor and 2 fairly local team engineers and the assesor who did not work for sky he was just a contractor who sky hire for job interviews he had never picked up a tool in his life so he or she will be looking for strength based candidates and someone who is good on the day regardless of how you will perform on the job! So be outgoing, be confident and basically stand out but in a professional manner. The day took 3.5 hours roughly and consisted of a online intro to the sky role (which you can just youtube yourself) then moving tables out of the way to look at how you move furniture, then we Had to build a Meccano set with random pieces and no details of what to build and how to build in our groups (there was only 2 of us) so we split up back to back facing away from each other and relay the instructions to the other candidate' so he can build what i built from nothing then vice versa i built his set by him telling me the instructions, Then we compared. Then we had to do a job schedule excercise puttin your days jobs in order from a-h with hazards and other issues like texts from customers so rearrange as needed, you need to use time scales and dont forget to include your lunch hour allocation on this task(which is critical to the assessor) and the text from FRED at the bottom of the sheet asking for help!!!Then role play to the assessor in another room about were about you would install satellite dish on the given housing diagram (which you have 15 mins to look at plan before hand before you actually do the role play) then by jotting down hazards of the property(which may affect your task installing the dish and wiring.In the role play the assessor acting as the customer will ask awkward questions like but i dont want the dish in that location why cant it be in this place and you need to be quick thinking for this as its just like speaking to a customer (so again be confident people) .Then after this task you will need to tick off 10 stength based questions why you like helping others tick either thats me or thats a bit like me or not very much like me but then again in anothe room the assessor will go over everything you have ticked and question why you ticked it so if the one of the questions is for example 'why do you like helping others?' Dont tick its a bit like me, because he will ask ok then so whats you makes you believe its only a bit like you so theres two sides to each answer to explain when he asks. If at the end you are offered a position, you will have to go a do medical with a nurse who told me you have to do give a urine sample to test for glucose which is weird as you already tell then beforehand any medical conditions! So it will be a drug test more like so if youve been to Amsterdam and smoked legally or smoke just like people like to drink alcohol on the weekends, then youll have to detox for the interview as they test for THC aswell as other drugs. Be confident, theyre not bothered about your practical skills even if your a fully qualified electrician! Be confident and prep your strength based questions and stand out but in a good way also try to look for job schedule assesments online and practice!!!

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in August 2016.

Interview

I had to travel a few hours for the assessment day, but was very worth it.
    A couple of group challenges, an individual challenge and a 1-2-1 quick interview

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you have overcome something challenging, either work or personal.   1 Answer

20 Dec 2017 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time out to leave us some feedback on your interview process. Glad to hear your experience was a positive one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cathays Park, Wales

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky (Cathays Park, Wales).

Interview

Passed online test promised a telephone interview didn't get one. just got email saying due not living within 30 minutes of post code? I live 6 miles away the positions have been filled not sure how it works but waited 2 months by phone. I finally rang and said they missed my telephone interview dissapointed but said they may have more I understand over 500 people applied but why pass the test then not ring u back

Home Service Field Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Online tests, month later got an email saying they wanted to do a telephone interview but then an email saying job was full, then get a phone call saying this was a mistake and they did want to do an interview. This was quite long took about 45 mins but was straight forward. Passed that and got invited to assessment centre, me and two others basically a practical test, then two or 3 different activities -customer services based. Passed that and did a medical, was really happy to pass as it was around 5 hours I was there, they made out that the job was basically mine...Got an email the day after to say the job was filled but then I would be kept on file for 6 months and assessment centre honoured...phoned up and the guy said this happens sometimes and would just have to wait and see basically. Fingers crossed

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Online test.
    Situations, priority arrangement, scenarios.

Phone interview- Easy enough. As long as you answer the questions using the STAR method

Group interview- various group and solo tasks. Involve practical and communication tasks. And planning a days work.
    Fairly tough but ok

Interview Questions

• “Can you give me an example of when you....”
      Showed outstanding customer service
      Had to overcome a problem at work   1 Answer

12 Jun 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Thank you for leaving a review on your recruitment journey and great to hear you were offered a position with. Welcome to Sky

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sky (London, England).

Interview

Got telephone interview but ended it after 5 mins as job was advertised at 30000 34 000 ote. They offered 22000. Didn't get to any questions. They make you jump through some hoops but wouldn't leave a job paying 30 for 22

Interview Questions

Sky Response

15 May 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Thanks for leaving a review. The basic salary for Home Service Engineers is £22k. £30k is inclusive of company benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Southampton, England) in August 2016.

Interview

all is fine until they put you in a role play situation where I felt as if he thought it was him auditioning for a role in Hollywood. This part of the interview put me off the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a precious time I have shown good customer service skills   1 Answer

26 Oct 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Sorry to hear you had a negative experience with your role play. Our assessors are trained to ensure the get the best out of candidates. We take on board all feedback, positive and negative, so... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.