Sky Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Sky

3.1

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Direct approach from a recruiter by email with a telephone interview arranged the following week. Then I received a call back the afternoon of the interview inviting me to Sky HQ at Osterley for a Face to Face, skills based interview.

Throughout the process I was assured that my lack of technical skills would not be a barrier for the role as they were looking for a non-technical candidate, only to be told in my interview feedback that I did not have the technical background required for the role.

Interview Questions

Sky Response

1 Aug 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We aim to give as much detail as we can in our interview feedback to help you with your career. We'll pass this feedback on to our recruitment team to better the interview process. Thanks.

Graduate Devops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied online this took 3 months. Was called for phone interview and got into the assessment center stage the next day. Started of the day with a tour of Sky followed by presentation about the role. There were 6 of us all together and got divided into groups of 3 to work on given task. Asked during the day to do short interview similar to telephone interview questions.

Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in June 2018.

Interview

They had a list of questions they asked and stuck to it pretty rigidly, it didn’t really allow for much conversation flow or even offer a chance to go into detail on things, and I feel like the questions didn’t allow for a chance demonstrate why you want the job or like the company.

Graduate Developer Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Firstly we where tasked on the assessment day to create a cluster computer. The instructions they provided was for old equipment so didn't work with the new equipment they provided. Because of this we couldn't complete the tasks. However we got close as on many occasions I had to fix the problems. Firstly the password given on the image was incorrect. I fixed this by going into bash and changing the password. Secondly no DHCP so I sorted the IP addresses. Thirdly the example files where forgotten about. The assessor did not believe me so I had to be course with him to realise. By the time we fixed all the issues which I mainly fixed it was time up. Very disappointed in them as we worked really hard and it was because of their unprofessionalism we did not complete it. Very unfair assessment.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you made something simple?   1 Answer

Home Service Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Online test.
    Situations, priority arrangement, scenarios.

Phone interview- Easy enough. As long as you answer the questions using the STAR method

Group interview- various group and solo tasks. Involve practical and communication tasks. And planning a days work.
    Fairly tough but ok

Interview Questions

• “Can you give me an example of when you....”
      Showed outstanding customer service
      Had to overcome a problem at work   1 Answer

12 Jun 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Thank you for leaving a review on your recruitment journey and great to hear you were offered a position with. Welcome to Sky

Home Service Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sky (London, England).

Interview

Got telephone interview but ended it after 5 mins as job was advertised at 30000 34 000 ote. They offered 22000. Didn't get to any questions. They make you jump through some hoops but wouldn't leave a job paying 30 for 22

Interview Questions

Sky Response

15 May 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Thanks for leaving a review. The basic salary for Home Service Engineers is £22k. £30k is inclusive of company benefits.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

I’ve been on the telephone interview but didn’t feel comfortable with the person, she was unprofessional, I think she’s new to her jobs, needs more training, supervised.
    I did my homework.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any criminal convictions?
      My answer was is it spent or unspent? having my Disclosure and Barring Service came through recently but I was asked again am I sure, she went saying people apply with convictions but later get rejected, at this point I thought I wasn’t getting anywhere with this lady, she clearly levelled me as a criminal.
      Interview lasted about 30 minutes, having answered the questions as professionally as I could I even stop talking for her to type but didn’t get asked if I want to add anything else to my answers, it seems like it the interview was fast tracked.   Answer Question

5 Sep 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Hi there. Sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience and you felt as though your interview was let down by the assessor. Please be aware I have fed this back to the business area to ensure this is looked in to.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England).

Interview

Standard online application, telephone conversation, CBI, group interview and presentation. Very welcoming and friendly team.
    You are shown around the company and wooed with benefits and promises.
    Overall straight forward and a good company to work with.

Interview Questions

Sky Response

15 May 2018 – Community Manager

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're pleased you had a positive experience with us and we hope you enjoy your new role. Thanks, Sky.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Online application , answered a few questions online based on myself
    Folllowed by a online test. After this I was told I had passed and the next step was the telephone interview which is more of a casual conversation too get too know you. After passing the telephone interview I was invited too an assessment centre , this consisted of an interview , group excercise and written task .

Interview Questions

Sky Response

15 May 2018 – Community Manager

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to have you on board and glad you had a positive experience. Thanks, Sky.

Strategic Planning Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Apply online answering some Sky-specific questions, then 2 online tests. Next was a phone interview (30 mins) and finally an assessment centre that had: a case interview, a group case interview, a 'surprise' maths test, and a one-to-one interview (can be maths, or personal)

Interview Questions

Sky Response

31 Dec 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and it's great to hear that you had good experience with us. Welcome to the team.