Sky Product Owner Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sky Product Owner Interview Questions

Interviews at Sky

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Livingston, Scotland) in August 2019.

Interview

I was invited in to a face-to-face interview without having spoken to anybody beforehand. It was about 1h long, which involved general competency questions which weren't really related to the role.

When I arrived, it was clear that the hiring manager was talking about a different role to the role I had applied to (I actually had the job description with me, and it was different to the one he had) I let him know and decided to continue with the process.

They seemed like decent people, but the questions were general competency questions which had nothing to do with the role. I asked what the role involved but was given a waffley answer so even now, I amn't 100% sure what the actual responsibilities and duties were!

A week later I received an email saying that I had been unsuccessful. I was told that they were preparing feedback for me. It's been 3 weeks, and I've chased the feedback 3 times, but each time it's been ignored. TERRIBLE candidate experience. I'd never apply again nor recommend anyone I know to apply.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have balances business needs with customer service   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sky

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sky (Leeds, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by a face to face interview at Sky Leeds Dock.

In the telephone interview I was asked to walk through my CV and talk about my previous experience as a Product Owner, including specific projects I'd worked on.

In the face to face interview I was given an exercise which included a short brief for a new product. I had 10 minutes to plan how I would approach this as a Product Owner.
    I was then asked more questions about my knowledge of Agile, and my experience as a Product Owner.

The interviews were positive experiences, however the candidate experience after the interview was not good.

I was told I would have feedback by the end of the week which I didn't get. I asked the recruitment team for an update three times before being advised that the role had already been filled. If it weren't for me chasing an update, I'm not sure when Sky would have advised me of the outcome. It has really put me off applying to this company in the future because they didn't seem to care about getting back to me at all.

Interview Questions

• How do you write user stories?   1 Answer

Sky Response

24 Aug 2018 – Technology Recruitment Partner

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a Glassdoor review. We’d like to apologise for you not having received feedback in a timely manner as we intend to give each candidate a great experience with us. We appreciate how important this is and can assure you this is not something that happens regularly, especially if you have been through an interview process. We have passed on this feedback to our Recruitment team to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

Thanks,

Technology Recruitment Partner @ Sky

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky in September 2010.

Interview

Simple, more of a chat and then presentation

Interview Questions

• Name 3 major mobile platforms   1 Answer

Negotiation

Low starting offer and little improvement after negotiation

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.