Sky Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sky Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Sky

2.9

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky (London, England).

Interview

There were three main rounds once I'd passed an initial telephone interview with HR:
1. Competency Interview. Standard competency questions to assess such things as how stakeholders are managed, what sort of a PM I am, level of experience, how I dealt with challenges etc. This was to the Programme Manager and was supposed to include the Director he worked for but he couldn't make it.
2. Presentation: gave a presentation on how I would manage a situation where I had to give the bad news to Senior Management that I'm about to miss a money earning milestone. What would the actions, messages and processes I would go through. This was to the Programme Manager.
3. Cultural Fit: How I would fit into the team and organisation. This was to the Programme Manager and was supposed to include the Director he worked for but he couldn't make it.

Interview Questions

• How would you give the bad news to Senior Management that you're about to miss a money earning milestone?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sky

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in December 2009.

Interview

Interview, met my boss, decision same day

Negotiation

Quick and painless

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England).

Interview

I applied online on their website. HR called me after about 10 days for a pre-screening interview to confirm experience, nature of my role and expectations. Then I had 3 face to face interviews in the course of 2 weeks, including a case study presentation.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the working culture is like at Sky?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

Good.professional. On time. 3 interviews in total. Telephone followed by 121, followed by interview with DIrector.Had to prepare a presentation. I found out I was successful within 5 days. Overall experience was good.Interview was pleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate salary well.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

long, terrible questions, sexist feedback during the interview, it was mostly painful, especially since we are in the 21st century.... shocked mostly, wouldn't want my daughter to work here. Too long and some irrelevant questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked too many questions that were mostly badly communicated   1 Answer

11 Oct 2016 – Recruitment team

We’re sorry to hear about your experience; this isn’t the experience we want to give. We believe that everyone should have full and fair consideration for all vacancies, promotions, training and... More

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by two rounds of face to face interviews with different levels of staff at Sky. Friendly and informal throughout, with the intent to draw out more than you would during interviews based around rehearsed competency questions.

Interview Questions

Sky Response

4 Oct 2017 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We try to keep our interviews as relaxed and friendly as possible, as we believe this reflects what life at Sky is really like. We're glad you... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Interview

Fairly basic competency based questions and the process wasn’t not very structured. During the interview, a third person came in the room to question me (I hadn’t been informed about this).

Interview Questions

• What kind of project management systems would you implement for overall improvement?   Answer Question

6 Mar 2019 – Social Media Specialist

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We'll relay your comments on the lack of structure to our team to help improve our process. Thanks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England).

Interview

First step was a call with a recruiter, mostly interested in how much I was earning.
    Then I got invited to a face to face meeting with two senior members of the team. Interview was quite boring and their comments put me off the job, considering they were more interested in highlighting how their office provides a lovely view to a nearby dump and how hard it is to find parking on site. On top of that the area around the office didn't really look nice.
    Overall I'm kind of glad they never got in touch again to let me know about the outcome of my application.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.