Sky Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sky Sales Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Sky

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, SD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Aberdeen, SD (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

After you've completed their online process they contact you within a few days to set up a telephone interview. During that interview, which was in my case 3 days after their call, you are asked to provide them with some details about yourself (authorisation process) and then you're asked about Sky itself, their offer, customer service, your experience, why you'd be good at this job and etc. Immediately after the conversation you're informed whether you passed it. If yes, they tell you that you are invited for a Sky Experience Day, which is basically talking to other candidates there, discussing things like good customer service, group work, role-play (sales advisor-client) and a few written tasks. After that they contact you within a few days to tell you if you're employed or not.
Everyone is extremely nice and helpful, nothing to worry about :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the situation when you went the extra mile for a customer.   1 Answer
  • Why do you want to work for Sky?   1 Answer
  • What do you think you responsibilities at Sky will be?   1 Answer
  • What is it that makes you passionate about customer service and contact with clients?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sky

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Stratford, London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

I have been searching about SKY assessment day where explained different the real experience. i believe in Professionalism, but the recruiter was not competent enough and also i have felt that there is favouritism where one of the candidates was from the same community of the store manager where i applied. i have 12 years experience in marketing with proven track records meeting deadlines also achieving targets and always make the living. i have worked in an environment where you only based on commission NO PAID SALARY AT ALL.
    The recruiter was really horrible and unprofessional. i have attended to the venue 45 minutes early where is the recruiter was late over 20 minutes than the starting time. his attitude was quiet bad and ignorance.
    I had the chance to talk to the store manager for a few minutes, but it seems like his mind was set when he saw his same community candidate at the venue. i am really disappointed and really didn't expect it to go this way.
    When we had the chance to recommend the products to the customers, no one of the other candidates have thought about the internet packages and we all know that the world now is based on the internet packages and browsing on the go.

Interview Questions

• Why sky employ someone who love to encourage favouritism?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sky (London, England).

Interview

I filled in the application forms, which involved scenarios in the workplace, and the went for the interview in London. We was all asked to find out 3 facts about each other, one that was interesting, one that would surprise, and one that we all had in common. Then we had a sheet each and had to decide out of the list which 3 was most important to customer service. Then we had to go through each others list and decide what were the most important out of all our lists. Then we had a grouproblem discussion and then role played a sales experience, which involved on person selling and the rest with a sheet out paper to play out, the person selling had to approach the others and try to decide which package they want, and get them to buy said package. The came the strength based interview, which required us to fill out a questionnnaire and answer it.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2015.

Interview

3 step process
    - presentation on why me, why sky, why sales advisory role, what motivates me
    -Competency based interview - Example of a suggestion you made, Example of how you motivated someone, Example of how you were set a target and what you did to achieve it.
    -Role play using a phone - Given all the products and prices and you try advise the customer as to what kind of products may suit them. Phone broadband or TV

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed in Burlington Hotel firstly i had to do a presentation, questions such as 'why sky, why me, why sales advisor position, and what motivates me', then some more questions following a role-play phone call selling products to a costumer. its all really easy going as long as you stay calm.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sky (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a one to one interview which includes a presentation on why you should work for Sky and mock phone call to demonstrate phone manner and customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you previously showed empathy towards a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are no salary negotiations for this role.

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in August 2015.

Interview

one on one, role play, interview questions, about yourself and call listening.
    interview questions were basic about yourself why sky and what you enjoy about working in customer service. giving good and bad experience. role play you are given 10 minutes to prepare and a ten minute role play.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sky (Livingston, Scotland) in February 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. This consisted of several competency based questions such as 'please give a specific example of a time when you helped a struggling co-worker'

After I finished this part I was invited to attend a face to face interview (The invitation was offered immediately at the end of my phone interview).

The face to face interview was actually a group interview. There was 6 other people at the interview and the day consisted of some questionnaires which you had to explain your answers and finally a role play scenario in which one of the assessors pretended to be a customer who wished to cancel their sky subscription, you were then expected to ask plenty of questions as to why they were unhappy and then offer a solution.

Overall I think that the whole process was a bit over the top and excessive for what is a entry level job with a low basic salary.

Interview Questions

• Why Sky?
      Give an example of a time when you helped a struggling co-worker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2012.

Interview

Test on-line & Phone call and 2 face to face interviews.
    Phone call very general.
    In person interviews both individual and with a group.
    Role play - talking to customer on the phone & presentation (both on Sky products).
    Individual interviews - competency questions.

Interview Questions

• General about how do you worked under pressure in busy environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Uddingston, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Uddingston, Scotland) in September 2015.

Interview

The telephone interview itself lasted around 30 minutes. The Interviewer was very professional, doing an excellent job to make it an easy and relaxing process.
    I would highly recommend researching Sky as a company before going through the interview process, in order to have the best chance of being successful.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Sky as a company?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.