Sky Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sky Sales Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Sky

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, SD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Aberdeen, SD (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

After you've completed their online process they contact you within a few days to set up a telephone interview. During that interview, which was in my case 3 days after their call, you are asked to provide them with some details about yourself (authorisation process) and then you're asked about Sky itself, their offer, customer service, your experience, why you'd be good at this job and etc. Immediately after the conversation you're informed whether you passed it. If yes, they tell you that you are invited for a Sky Experience Day, which is basically talking to other candidates there, discussing things like good customer service, group work, role-play (sales advisor-client) and a few written tasks. After that they contact you within a few days to tell you if you're employed or not.
Everyone is extremely nice and helpful, nothing to worry about :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the situation when you went the extra mile for a customer.   1 Answer
  • Why do you want to work for Sky?   1 Answer
  • What do you think you responsibilities at Sky will be?   1 Answer
  • What is it that makes you passionate about customer service and contact with clients?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sky

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview was hosted in a great environment at the sky campus in Osterley. It felt good walking in and been greeted with the sky news studio overhead and just taking in the scenery easily made up for me not getting the job, but I sure will be applying again.

Interview Questions

• A series of role-play sales question with a variety of sky products.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Newcastle, England) in February 2020.

Interview

- Scenario questionnaire online
    - Video interview
    - Group interview

Group interview had
    - group activity in which we had to choose 3 traits from a list that were best for customer service/sales
    - skills based interview
    - roleplay of a sales call

Had to familiarise ourselves with the product listings and be confident in talking about the different services Sky had to offer.

Interview Questions

• Skills based interview, had to tick 'very much like me, a bit like me, not like me' for things like 'I enjoy meeting targets', 'I thrive in a busy environment/under pressure' and justify your choices.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Leeds, England) in November 2019.

Interview

super relaxed experience, you will enjoy your self, just practice how to handle a sales call, be enthusiastic, also do not discount subscription fees just keep on emending to the customers needs

Interview Questions

• normal competency based questions   1 Answer

Sky Response

8 Nov 2019 – Head of Brand

Thanks for leaving such a positive review and welcome to Sky!

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Glasgow, Scotland) in December 2019.

Interview

Applied online by completing online question, then I was given a link to complete a video interview which had to access within 7 days. After completing this I then received a telephone call after around 10 days to arrange an interview at the assessment centre. The assessment centre involved a role play sales call.

Interview Questions

• What qualities provide out standing customer service   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Stratford, London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

I have been searching about SKY assessment day where explained different the real experience. i believe in Professionalism, but the recruiter was not competent enough and also i have felt that there is favouritism where one of the candidates was from the same community of the store manager where i applied. i have 12 years experience in marketing with proven track records meeting deadlines also achieving targets and always make the living. i have worked in an environment where you only based on commission NO PAID SALARY AT ALL.
    The recruiter was really horrible and unprofessional. i have attended to the venue 45 minutes early where is the recruiter was late over 20 minutes than the starting time. his attitude was quiet bad and ignorance.
    I had the chance to talk to the store manager for a few minutes, but it seems like his mind was set when he saw his same community candidate at the venue. i am really disappointed and really didn't expect it to go this way.
    When we had the chance to recommend the products to the customers, no one of the other candidates have thought about the internet packages and we all know that the world now is based on the internet packages and browsing on the go.

Interview Questions

• Why sky employ someone who love to encourage favouritism?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (London, England) in May 2019.

Interview

I felt like I was at The apprentice...
    Prior to going to my interview (experience day), I'd done so much research about how the day would go, reading reviews and stuff, from what I had read it was nothing like that! So firstly you apply online then get a telephone interview, if accepted you get invited to the experience day.
    I had gotten there 15 mins prior as requested and had to wait around 30 mins until somebody came to get me, we were offered a hot drink which was great as I was not expecting to sit for such a long time. So anyways we had been called into this meeting room, there were about 4 people in my group and I was the only female in my group which I had no problem with at all as the group was really friendly. We firstly started off watching a video about Sky and our role and what they offer it was a great insight about the company and role. Moving on from that we were told to get into pairs and get to know each other and find out something that we've got in common and speak about it to the interviewees whilst telling them I felt I was getting picked on and judged, after that, we were given some scenarios about packages we should offer to certain customers and give a reason behind our choosing, which was quite simple, moving on from that we had to do a role play with the interviewees, during this process I felt like I was getting judged in a negative way and I was being looked down upon, from the reviews I had read people said they felt super relaxed throughout the process however this felt completely the opposite, once that had ended it was time for a short break and then the interview, due to being in a small group the interviews took place in the same room as the other people getting interviewed in the same room as you which I thought was a bit odd, anyways we were told to write down why we wanted to work for sky as a sales advisor and tick down bullet points which were well fitted to out personalites which wasnt and which was some what like us, and were told to speak about why we felt this way, during speaking about the points I made, I felt like I was getting cut off and couldnt explain myself and about my experiences also they made me feel like they were superior to me and I was hardly anything to them. I really didn't expect this from Sky and their employees as so many reviews were so positive however this wasn't for me and felt like because of feeling this way it really messed up my opportunity to work for Sky, I'd been preparing for this interview for about a week and this is how it turned out to be.

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Leeds, England).

Interview

Applied online with CV and Cover letter. Was told I had a telephone interview, which took around 30 mins. The guy interviewing me was very nice and easy to talk to. I was told immediately after the call that I had passed. The next stage is an assessment day.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions: competency STAR questions, why you want to work for Sky, what skills can you bring etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sky (Glasgow, Scotland) in February 2019.

Interview

Over the top for an Entry Level job interview. We were told to write a poem/song/skit whilst other people were being interviewed and then had to perform it to the room. I felt having a telephone interview, a group interview then a 1 to 1 interview was quite enough. No need for the poem at the end, even though I done it It felt a little humiliating if I’m honest

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

Application

I interviewed at Sky (Aberdeen, Scotland) in January 2019.

Interview

I found it very difficult as put questions to me that was unexpected I had to think about it I would defo do home work next time before interview

Interview Questions

• What services does sky provide ?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.