Skyscanner Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Skyscanner Interview Questions

Interviews at Skyscanner

3.1

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skyscanner in July 2019.

Interview

Very slow hiring process. I enjoyed interviews though - employees are generally very happy with the company and work there for 2+ years (at least the ones that interviewed me). There were two cultural interviews with questions like 'Have you ever being in a situation when..', and 3 technical interviews - 2 case studies and one where I talked about technical details of one of the projects I was working on.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Hackerrank test at first, which was pretty easy. Then 2 interviews, one hour each: one technical, one cultural/product.
    Even though I didn't pass the cultural/product one, overall experience was very good.

Most importantly, the provided detailed feedback in the end, why was the "no" and what could be improved.

Interview Questions

• Tell about projects you've been working on, taken initiatives, etc   1 Answer

Commercial Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skyscanner (Miami, FL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Let me start by saying that the initial interview, via webcam was fine. Common questions with a representative from their HQ. When I was told that I was invited to interview for the position during an assessment session in office I was excited. However, I am not located in Miami, and was told that they would only offer me $190 for transportation/hotels/etc. Basically, I would have had to shell out at least $150 of my own money in order to just INTERVIEW. The irony of a travel company not offering to help applicants with travel.. very unprofessional behavior and says a lot to the character of the company.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with hardships in school or at work? Example.   Answer Question

Growth Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skyscanner (Miami, FL (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

applied online and then a recruiter reached out to schedule a skype call. I was scheduled with a consultant who was based in Edinburgh. The call lasted 45 minutes or show. found out a week later I was not being moved to the next round.

Growth Hacker Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skyscanner in February 2018.

Interview

It will be a 30 min phone interview and questions are mostly based on your resume and previous experiences. The talent manager is really nice and ask five to six questions in total.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Skyscanner (New York, NY (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Very simple interview, interns are put on the same bag as new grads. Culture of company looks good, but salary is definitelly not competitive. There are 3 stages of interview: 1) simple algorithmics online test 2) phone cultural interview 3) onsite (group excercise, cultural interview, system design).

Interview Questions

• Simple algorithmics (online platform), few cultural interviews, one system design interview.   1 Answer

Growth Hacker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skyscanner (Miami, FL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. After 1 month, I got a call for an initial phone screen.The phone screen consisted of HR questions and questions based on resume.After that, I got a mail telling me, I had cleared the phone screen and had qualified for next round. The next round was an Assessment round held at their Miami office.It consisted of group exercise where we were given a case study. We then had to make a presentation. After group exercise, There was one more round, which consisted of Individual interview.Here they test your knowledge about Skyscanner , growth hacking, data analytics etc.

Interview Questions

• General HR questions like tell me about yourself, why skyscanner, why this position, toughest project etc.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skyscanner (Miami, FL (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

A phone call with HR. A few phone call with leaders. Then an on-site interview. The hiring manager seemed to be nice but the mood in the office was quite and somber. I was flown in to meet everyone but the people that I went to meet did not come into the office and most sessions ended up being on video. Feedback was given to me that I was "too honest" in my responses and that was part of the reason why I didn't make it. Politics is something that expected.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skyscanner (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A HR person reached me by phone few days after for a quick conversation. After 1 week I made an interview with a manager. It was requested me to develop a small project for the company, which made me uncomfortable as I fell like working for the company before being hired (in my past interviews, most of companies asked me to present projects previously I managed). After presenting for a director via Skype, he asked me few questions and most of the project`s critics were based on demands not clear in the briefing. After 1 week the HR person sent me a short email informing I was not approved. I never got a message back when I requested for a more in depth feedback as I invested my time and put my expertise in the project presented.

Interview Questions

• Share me a situation where your improvements saved money for the company.   Answer Question

Growth Hacker Role Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skyscanner in March 2015.

Interview

My interview process with Skyscanner was long and heavy on preparation, but overall really enjoyable. After the first screening with a very polite HR manager, I had an hour-long interview with one of the company's senior product managers. It was an interesting discussion about marketing and product development.

The following stage was a series of interviews that was divided into 4 parts and scheduled for 4 hours in total. For the first part, I was given 3 tasks beforehand and requested to develop them in a presentation. In the second part, I was due to be given a growth case study (skipped for the lack of time in the end). The third part was to test my technical abilities. The fourth and final interview should've assessed my cultural fit. I didn't progress to this round because of the content of my presentation.

My feedback was that I didn't show the mindset and skills required for this role and the motivation to learn it, I also didn't prepare the presentation in the way the interviewers had expected. Fair enough! It's also fair to point out that the instructions were imprecise and allowed multiple interpretations, though. I built my presentation around a new feature for Skyscanner. I listed and explained all KPIs I deemed relevant for measuring the results and introduced my method of budgeting. This was wrong. As I understood from my feedback, I should've presented concrete fake KPI results and concrete fake budgets. To be honest, I'm still confused about what was expected from me.

Although I didn't receive an offer, I still very much enjoyed working on the tasks and talking to all the interviewers. It gave me a chance to get a solid picture of how Skyscanner operates. From the outside, it seems like a great company full of smart people. I also appreciate that my interview feedback was so extensive. Thumbs up, Skyscanner! Not everyone bothers to do that.

The only slightly negative thing that struck me was how narrow-minded some of the interviewers were. The AARRR matrix and lean methods were like the Bible. At some point, I swear I even sensed annoyance about the fact that I wasn't using these concepts in my previous jobs to the same degree Skyscanner does.

Interview Questions

• I spoke with many interviewers and they all asked different questions. Nothing too difficult, though. The concepts that repeated were AARRR, agile, lean startup/marketing, the squads and tribes approach developed by Spotify + general background questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.