Skyscanner Interview Questions

Updated 6 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 256 of over 256 interviews

Employee Referral9%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Skyscanner

Application

I interviewed at Skyscanner

Interview

Data sheet shared ahead interview. Prepare a presentation following their set process. I spent the better part of a weekend on it. Interview then with multiple people over a day. Too much expected. This all came after 2 phone interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Why? Why? Why? Ask why at least 7 times to every answer. They read this in a book and enforce it.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Skyscanner (New Delhi)

Interview

Hiring process was well organized. All interviewers were polite, good listener. One the best interview experience. All went well, on time. Horror starts with compensation they came back with 20% lesser salary than my current salary, kept on increasing bit and piece but didn't even match current compensation. It was totally waste of time, they should have discussed first what is expectation and what is their capacity to offer.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Skyscanner (London, England, England)

Interview

The interview process was long, but they explain you the whole process beforehand so you know what to expect. The good thing is that they help you prepare to every step and give proper and honest feedback. Take the cultural interviews serious, they really want to sure that you're a good fit. The technical interviews are not easy, but they only want to know if you're a good engineer or not, no need to expect 'tricky' questions or silly tests. The bad thing is that usually they don't interview you for a certain role, but constantly looking for good engineers and if you succeed, a board will decide which team could you join in (at least back then they did this). Although I got positive feedback and 'passed' all the interviews, this board could not find a position at that time. It worth mentioning that it was a bit after the acquisition by Ctrip, when a lot of things has changed suddenly and they were sorry about it - but it did not give back the days I took off to prepare and to attend the interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a story when you failed. How did you manage it? What did you learn from it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skyscanner (London, England, England)

Interview

Cover letter and application, online coding tasks, bihevioral interview, assessment centre with group interview, behavioral interview and technical interview. The coding online was 3 coding questions you need to finish in 2 hours and submit, then the quick video call one, and then the assessment centre that lasted 4 hours all together. My group one went ok.. We had to implement a new feature,no actual coding, more system design, the bihevioral one went great but I failed on the technical one.

Interview Questions
  • Design an algorithm that settles the bill between people in an paying sharing app.

Skyscanner

Application

I interviewed at Skyscanner

Interview

Meeting with the HR first. And then managers of a few departments. All video interviews. And finally director of the department. There were more than 5 rounds before I got declined. The process could have been less painful.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about my experience and my view on how to market the product better.

Skyscanner

Application

I interviewed at Skyscanner

Interview

Great! Very thorough process. Really friendly interviewers and seems like a great culture. The interviewers were helpful, giving insights into the Company and its operations as well as asking me interesting questions. They were helpful and caring and allowed me to highlight the experiences I have which are relevant to the role.

Interview Questions
  • Describe an example of where you've driven a matter forward through your own determination

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Skyscanner (London, England, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

Suggestion to SkyScanner: Please DO NOT WASTE OUR TIME TO ACCOMPLISH SUCH LENGTHY ASSIGNMENT, IF YOU ARE JUDGING ONLY ON BASIS OF THE INTERVIEW WHICH DOES NOT TELL MUCH ABOUT OUR ABILITY. 1st Round: Initial cal with the recruiter for 30 mins 2nd Round: Building one small page within 3 hours 3rd Round: 2 hours of interview about your past experience and technical background 4th Round: Some system designing round (Not sure) It was lengthy. I have got a very good review after submitting the assignment then I got email from the recruiter that I got selected for the next round and on that round I was tried of answering similar kind of questions from 2 different engineers. They rejected me even after answering all the questions properly, if I would have given my time and effort to some other company definitely I would get a good result.

Interview Questions
  • They were asking the same question in different ways: - Tell me about your most complex project and what was the complexity, hw did your resolve that - Tell me about the most difficult situation you faced in work - Tell me How did you resolve conflict with your team mate ect
1 person found this interview helpful

Skyscanner

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skyscanner

Interview

Had 2 rounds of interviews and was told there would be a further, more detailed interview as the final round. The first was a phone interview. They ultimately moved the location of the role to a completely different country which meant I could no longer continue with my application.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skyscanner (London, England, England)

Interview

A tricky programming question relating to flights and bookings. 1:1 Video Interview asking about interests and past skills. The assessment center was very fun with a group exercise, behavioral, and a technical whiteboard interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I interviewed at Skyscanner (London, England, England)

Interview

Initial coding task that doesn't take long to finish, which is great, followed by 2 interviews one involving cultural questions, another involving questions about technical projects I did in the past. Finally the on-site interview consisting of culture interview, and 2 system design interviews. The culture interview was one of the best and toughest nice had the interviewer was very experienced. One of the system design interviews was conducted by a manager, which caused some issues when I received his feedback, there were some bits of the feedback that didn't make sense at all. One feedback was "you decided to go with a monolith when microservices would better suit" which is quite a personal opinion and wouldn't be mentioned by a sincere and experienced engineer.

Interview Questions
  • system design algorithms org culture related questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 256 Interviews