Skyscanner Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Skyscanner Interview Questions

Interviews at Skyscanner

3.1

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skyscanner (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A HR person reached me by phone few days after for a quick conversation. After 1 week I made an interview with a manager. It was requested me to develop a small project for the company, which made me uncomfortable as I fell like working for the company before being hired (in my past interviews, most of companies asked me to present projects previously I managed). After presenting for a director via Skype, he asked me few questions and most of the project`s critics were based on demands not clear in the briefing. After 1 week the HR person sent me a short email informing I was not approved. I never got a message back when I requested for a more in depth feedback as I invested my time and put my expertise in the project presented.

Interview Questions

• Share me a situation where your improvements saved money for the company.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skyscanner.

Interview

I was selected for the first step, a phone interview. Via email communications the Skyscanner recruiter scheduled me and said she would call at a specific time and and date we agreed upon. I am currently employed so had to ensure I didn’t set up any meetings at that time and needed to step away from the office for the call. I waited 20 minutes for the recruiter to call me but she never did. I had her number from our email communications so called her. She answered and apologized for not calling me, said she was in a meeting that ran late and was just about to call. She then rushed through the interview, asked me standard interview questions about my experience, what I know about Skyscanner, why I was interested in the position, etc. She repeatedly cut me off before I completed my answers so she could ask her next question (which is sounded like she was reading off of her computer or paper). After 20 minutes she asked if I had any questions. I said I had a few, I asked my first one and she provided a very brief answer to it, that didn’t fully answer my question. She then told me she was running late for another telephone interview and asked that I email her any additional questions. She then promptly hung up. I was very surprised and disappointed at how unprofessional and rushed this interview was because of all the positive reviews of Skyscanner employees on here. I later looked at the recruiters LinkedIn profile. She graduated from college only a year ago and just had one job prior to joining Skyscanner. That explained her unprofessional approach due to her lack of experience. I am assuming this was just one bad apple and others at Skyscanner are more qualified and experienced for their positions.

Interview Questions

• Would you mostly target B2B or B2C businesses as the Marketing Manager?   1 Answer

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Skyscanner (New York, NY (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Very simple interview, interns are put on the same bag as new grads. Culture of company looks good, but salary is definitelly not competitive. There are 3 stages of interview: 1) simple algorithmics online test 2) phone cultural interview 3) onsite (group excercise, cultural interview, system design).

Interview Questions

• Simple algorithmics (online platform), few cultural interviews, one system design interview.   1 Answer

Growth Hacker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skyscanner (Miami, FL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. After 1 month, I got a call for an initial phone screen.The phone screen consisted of HR questions and questions based on resume.After that, I got a mail telling me, I had cleared the phone screen and had qualified for next round. The next round was an Assessment round held at their Miami office.It consisted of group exercise where we were given a case study. We then had to make a presentation. After group exercise, There was one more round, which consisted of Individual interview.Here they test your knowledge about Skyscanner , growth hacking, data analytics etc.

Interview Questions

• General HR questions like tell me about yourself, why skyscanner, why this position, toughest project etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Skyscanner.

Interview

Interview process was one of the best I ever had. My first interview was with one of my managers, Jenny, and we immediately we hit it off. She was incredibly nice, easy to speak with and very down to earth. We interviewed for about 45 minutes. My second interview was with Jenny and Alex our General Manager in Miami and this one was more to see if you were a right culture fit for the company. It went extremely well. They introduced me to the team and showed me the office and I immediately felt like i belonged. The hiring process itself was simple and effortless really.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a difficult situation/scenario at work that you had to handle?   Answer Question

Commercial Marketing Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Skyscanner (Miami, FL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

First you apply online, then a brief personality assessment, followed by a phone interview and an all day in person assessment centre interview. The process takes about 3 months and no one tells you that the program doesn't start till September. When you get the call to interview you have minimal notice, it is usually the day prior to the assessment. The assessment takes place with 12 or more students, and requires some written and presentation cases. This is a common practice in Scotland, but very little communication and poor professional courtesy ruins the attempt to break into the US market. They will reimburse you for travel but you have to hound them. Overall it has start up vibe and they are trying to be the cool hipster silicone valley vibe, but it is a clear miss.

Interview Questions

• If you had to create a marketing strategy for the Kennedy Space Station how would you attract new customers?   Answer Question

Commercial Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skyscanner (Miami, FL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Let me start by saying that the initial interview, via webcam was fine. Common questions with a representative from their HQ. When I was told that I was invited to interview for the position during an assessment session in office I was excited. However, I am not located in Miami, and was told that they would only offer me $190 for transportation/hotels/etc. Basically, I would have had to shell out at least $150 of my own money in order to just INTERVIEW. The irony of a travel company not offering to help applicants with travel.. very unprofessional behavior and says a lot to the character of the company.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with hardships in school or at work? Example.   Answer Question

Growth Hacker Role Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skyscanner in March 2015.

Interview

My interview process with Skyscanner was long and heavy on preparation, but overall really enjoyable. After the first screening with a very polite HR manager, I had an hour-long interview with one of the company's senior product managers. It was an interesting discussion about marketing and product development.

The following stage was a series of interviews that was divided into 4 parts and scheduled for 4 hours in total. For the first part, I was given 3 tasks beforehand and requested to develop them in a presentation. In the second part, I was due to be given a growth case study (skipped for the lack of time in the end). The third part was to test my technical abilities. The fourth and final interview should've assessed my cultural fit. I didn't progress to this round because of the content of my presentation.

My feedback was that I didn't show the mindset and skills required for this role and the motivation to learn it, I also didn't prepare the presentation in the way the interviewers had expected. Fair enough! It's also fair to point out that the instructions were imprecise and allowed multiple interpretations, though. I built my presentation around a new feature for Skyscanner. I listed and explained all KPIs I deemed relevant for measuring the results and introduced my method of budgeting. This was wrong. As I understood from my feedback, I should've presented concrete fake KPI results and concrete fake budgets. To be honest, I'm still confused about what was expected from me.

Although I didn't receive an offer, I still very much enjoyed working on the tasks and talking to all the interviewers. It gave me a chance to get a solid picture of how Skyscanner operates. From the outside, it seems like a great company full of smart people. I also appreciate that my interview feedback was so extensive. Thumbs up, Skyscanner! Not everyone bothers to do that.

The only slightly negative thing that struck me was how narrow-minded some of the interviewers were. The AARRR matrix and lean methods were like the Bible. At some point, I swear I even sensed annoyance about the fact that I wasn't using these concepts in my previous jobs to the same degree Skyscanner does.

Interview Questions

• I spoke with many interviewers and they all asked different questions. Nothing too difficult, though. The concepts that repeated were AARRR, agile, lean startup/marketing, the squads and tribes approach developed by Spotify + general background questions.   Answer Question

Growth Hacker Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skyscanner in February 2018.

Interview

It will be a 30 min phone interview and questions are mostly based on your resume and previous experiences. The talent manager is really nice and ask five to six questions in total.

Growth Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skyscanner (Miami, FL (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

applied online and then a recruiter reached out to schedule a skype call. I was scheduled with a consultant who was based in Edinburgh. The call lasted 45 minutes or show. found out a week later I was not being moved to the next round.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.