Slalom Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1,114 Interview Reviews

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Very smooth process! Took ~4 weeks from the beginning to the end. Mix of phone calls with very helpful and transparent hiring manager and video interview with Practice Area Lead. Onsite interview was very smooth and helpful

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a situation wherein a client wants to know more about their market share? How might we approach the challenge to build a model to better understand how to increase the market share?   Answer Question

Slalom Response

11 May 2020 – Sr. Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your interviews with Slalom and pleased you found the process to be smooth and transparent. I am pleased you decided to join Slalom.

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Slalom.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter who reached out to me, though I wasn’t looking to leave my role. I said I was interested in having more informational style interviews to learn about the company. They set me up to meet someone in a role like mine and we met for coffee and had a nice conversation about my background and interests and her experience. I wasn’t very interested after the meeting and left thinking that was that. Several weeks later I got a call from the recruiter that I did not get the role because I didn’t have enough technical experience, which made no sense to me because:

1. I didn’t know I was applying for a specific role...never filled out an application or discussed any specifics

2. We never discussed or assessed my technical capabilities

3. I am a leader of teams with the technical skills in question, and have also been a user of the tools for over 10 years.

I was put off by the whole process, which was misleading and disingenuous.

Interview Questions

• They didn’t ask detailed questions because it was supposed to be an informal coffee, not an interview for a specific role. We talked about my background and about the type of consulting they do.   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Interview

There were several rounds of interviews at many technical levels. All interviewers are very professional, friendly, well prepared, with precise questions. From one round to the next were managed very well and clearly.

Interview Questions

• don't remember the details. In general, The questions were specific and solution-based questions in a very broad spectrum.   Answer Question

Cloud Consultant Interview

Interview

Clearly delivered on the job expectations and company culture. Thoroughly understood my skills and tried her best to understand how I would fit in the company. Was very informative about the type of people I would be working with

Interview Questions

• Could you tell me a little more about your cloud consulting role in your previous job?   Answer Question

Analytics Consultant Interview

Interview

Waste of time. Had a long interview process, clearing all rounds. In the last interview, they also mentioned they will give offer and they later informed that they are not looking for a person to join.

This has been posted multiple times by other reviews here as well, they will interview and not make an offer to candidate even though they clear all rounds.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I was shown around the offices of the company before being taken to the room for my interview. The questions were behavioral questions at first before diving into the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your greatest failure on a project?   Answer Question

Solution Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Slalom (Denver, CO (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Initially, I met with a future peer of mine to discuss my experience, skills, and culture fit. I was then introduced to the Talent Acquisition Manager, who was interesting in understanding about my success with people, teams and growth plans, which not too many companies focus on. I then met with another future peer of mine and the conversation went mostly about my success and what I enjoy working on. Finally, I met with the hiring manager, who touched on the vision and strategy of both his and the company, which was refreshing as that proved that we can towards goals/objectives. It was clearly a pleasant experience and each one of them showed their professionalism and made me feel welcome.

Interview Questions

• What would be the initiative that you would enjoy working on?   Answer Question

AWS Big Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Slalom (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

The company reach out to me in linkedin 4 Tims.
    First interview phone.
    Second interview video screen with man name Zubair.
    they dont talk about what the company do they want you to be GOD

Interview Questions

• linux systems how to write batch scripts which has nothing to do with big data
      Talk about redshift   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

The interview process at Slalom as extremely organized. I have found the interview process to be very stressful at other companies, but not Slalom. I had a phone screen interview, then two in-person interviews. The process was quick and the recruiter was in very close contact with me throughout the entire process. It was part of what made me choose to accept the offer, how laid back and easy the whole process was.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Slalom wants to get to you know you as a person during your interview.   Answer Question

Slalom Response

6 Oct 2020 – National Recruiting Director

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback, and welcome to Slalom!!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slalom (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

They contacted me and explained the process very well, but after a couple of interviews, no one else contacted me or answered any of my emails, at least to say a simple "no thanks."

Interview Questions

• Just general behavioral questions, we were just starting the process, only 3 video conference with the same topics but different people   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slalom in September 2020.

Interview

The headhunter was upfront and transparent from day one. I went through four or fives stages of interviews spanning several weeks. There was communication every step of the way giving me feedback after each round of calls. I received a lot of positive affirmation and guidance that encouraged me to continue to push through. I'm looking forward to Day 1 in a couple of weeks!

Interview Questions

• What is a (AWS) WAF sandwich?
      How do you construct a VPC (AWS)?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.