Smart Pension Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 16 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Smart Pension

Featured Interview

Smart Pension

Application

I interviewed at Smart Pension

Interview

Simple programming exercise and a session of pairing that mostly focused on refactoring of the said exercise. Lots of time and feedback given, positive experience, good back and forth communication, would recommend

Interview Questions
  • How would i improve my home task i submitted
    Answer Question

Smart Pension

Application

I interviewed at Smart Pension

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, followed by take home tech test more words so it's at least thirty words words words words words words w o r d s w o r d s

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Smart Pension

Application

I interviewed at Smart Pension

Interview

All done through a recruiter. They had multiple rounds before meeting with management. I was not asked to meet with management after two rounds. I don’t believe my resume was ever a good fit for what they wanted.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly questions pertaining to experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Smart Pension (London, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

Quick 10 minute screening interview 2nd round technical test 3rd round asking technical questions and cultural questions with two members of staff at each phase. THE INTERVIEW process lasts for about 1hr and 15mins

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about the company? What do you know about agile?

Smart Pension

Application

I interviewed at Smart Pension

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and an interview was arranged without any guidance from them. Interviewed with 2 staff members, one of which was asking the questions off the top of his head and clearly didn't prepare for it. If I'm expected to prepare, they should obviously prepare too. After waiting 2 weeks, I followed up with the 'recruiter' and my message was ignored so still haven't heard anything at the end of the 3rd week. Dodged a bullet with all of them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Smart Pension

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Smart Pension

Interview

First-round with HR, followed by take-home test. Later with the tech lead and lastly behavior round. I cleared all the rounds except behavior. US candidates - please don't apply to this job as there's a major culture shift between how we work and UK works.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Asked to build a webapp (take home test). 2. Are you a team player or not?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smart Pension (London, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Firstly, I was given a technical assignment which should been done in less than 3 hours. In the next stage, I was interviewed in two different meetings. The first one was technical, refactoring and extending submitted assignment. The second one was cultural which almost went through my experiences in different regular or tough situations in working places.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Smart Pension

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Smart Pension in Feb 2021

Interview

Take home tech test to build an app. I had to build a silly star wars top trumps game - it was very demeaning. asked use react, typescript, styled components, apollo graphql, etc,etc. I did not even get thanks for spending time for it. Normally I would charge day rate for a work like this. No proper feedback either.

Interview Questions
  • Take home tech test to build an app. I had to build a silly star wars top trumps game - it was very demeaning. asked use react, typescript, styled components, apollo graphql, two theme, etc,etc.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Smart Pension (London, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

It was a great interview process with Smart Pension. The interview lasted 4+ weeks. The interview process consisted of three stages: Stage 1: Initial screening with Smart Pension's internal recruiter (scheduled for 30 minutes but lasted 1 hour). The recruiter did a great job explaining the details and responsibilities of the role, and he also gave a lot of in-depth information about all about the opportunities and challenges ahead for the company. All my questions were answered, and this interview was more of a motivation and background-type screening. Stage 2: Meeting with two senior team members from the same department (1 hour). Here I got to meet two senior members who gave further in-depth information about the role, the clients I would be working with, the types of projects I would manage etc. This was more of a culture-fit interview, where the senior memebers asked questions about how I would manage clients in event-based scenarios, what I like to do in my free time, etc. Stage 3: Final stage meeting with two directors/heads of departments (1 hour). This was more of a technical interview, where I was asked in-depth questions about how I would manage the projects in various event-based scenarios, questions about Agile vs Waterfall methodologies, lots of questions about my background with examples, etc. Overall, all the interviews were conducted in a very professional and kind manner. It was great meeting the various team members, as everyone was very enthusiastic about meeting you and learning about your skills and experience. Unfortunately the position was offered to someone with more pension-experience so I accepted another offer, however I can recommend Smart Pension based on how the interview process went.

Interview Questions
  • If you got handed a brand new project, what types of documentation would you create? Can you create a project plan when the project is following an Agile methodology? How would you manage a client who was upset about something going wrong on a project? Can you give examples of projects that went badly or that were challenging? Why do you want to work for Smart Pension? etc.

Smart Pension

Application

I interviewed at Smart Pension

Interview

Got to the final stage interview with smart pension which went well. Was told that I would hear back within a week. Weeks went by and nothing, even after chasing multiple times 3 months later and have not even had a courtesy 30 second call. Sadly this is becoming common but I don’t think this is acceptable after at a final stage interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews