Smith & Nephew Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Smith & Nephew Interview Questions

Interviews at Smith & Nephew

2.9

Interview

Interview process took over a month. Interviewed 4x, all of them with different people within the organization. It began to get frustrating towards the end because of all the hoops I had to jump through, but it was all worth it in the end.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to run them through a S&N surgical technique.   1 Answer

Demand Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smith & Nephew in September 2020.

Interview

Applied for the position online and reached out to the hiring manager (Director of Supply Chain). First round interview with HR, second round with the Global SC manager and the HM himself. Progressed to another interview with the Senior Director and he advanced to another SC director. Questions involved STAR, behavioral, job experience, technical expertise.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your 5 strengths and 5 weaknesses?

Situation about difficulty, person conflict, failed?

Describe your demand planning experience? How would measure forecast error and bias?
      What are some of the KPI’s in forecasting?

How your background and experience makes you a good fit to this role?

How did you transform from EM to IE to SCM? Why do you like SCM? What excites you?

How did you develop different skills over the course of time?

What are the 3 accomplishments you are proud of?

How would you differentiate the industry you worked for and the industry you applied to?

How would you convince business stakeholders of change/process improvement you want to implement?

What was the business challenge for which the business stakeholders needed a change you proposed/worked?

What part of the job responsibilities attracted you the most?

Name 5 strengths and 5 weaknesses

describe your rough cut capacity plan?

What’s your skill level in Tableau? What type of dashboard did you build?

Why do you think you are the best fit?

How would you confront senior leadership about your plan? How do you tell them their decision is wrong and you are right, from a data driven point of view?   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smith & Nephew (San Antonio, TX (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

First was a phone call with a recruiter, then a HireVue interview (answering open-ended questions on video that are read from the computer screen), and then an interview with the Director of Sales.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Smith & Nephew.

Interview

Cold called out of the blue for the interview, was told that I would progress to the next round, was invited to text the recruiter directly if questions arise. Instantly ghosted.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses?
      What are your strengths?
      Tell me about a time you failed?
      When did you achieve success with a team?   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smith & Nephew (Denver, CO (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter initially, was set up for a phone interview only 7 days after submitting my application. Completed that and was passed on to the representative to interview with which I would be working underneath

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What makes you different from all of the other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smith & Nephew (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Uses ModernHire as one of their steps during the interview process. I absolutely do not like being recorded on video so this caused my anxiety to flare up. I was not about to complete the ModernHire process because I did not feel comfortable. It’s too bad I couldn’t get a real phone interview.

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Smith & Nephew.

Interview

The interview process was very casual. I met the sales rep at chick-fila -and he asked me a few questions about myself and we got to know each other a bit. I then followed up with a phone interview

Director, CRM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Smith & Nephew (New York, NY (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Started with typical phone screen from an internal recruiter, covering work history, why I'm interested in the role, and why I want to leave my current position. Then 3 interviews over the span of a couple of days with a VP and 2 senior Directors. These subsequent interviews were more focused on what I'd do with the role, as well as asking for examples of working in global and distributed teams.

The interviews themselves were fine, and the people I spoke to were friendly enough. But the recruitment side was severely problematic. After the initial flurry of activity, I was then strung along for 2 weeks. During this time I was led to believe an offer was forthcoming, and that they were just finalizing next steps. I was repeatedly told I'd be contacted in X days, only for the time to elapse with no contact. When I'd call for an update, more runaround.

I made it clear that if they did not want to proceed to just tell me so that I could move on with my search. No harm, no foul. Nevertheless, I was told repeatedly that they were interested and wanted to proceed to "next steps", whatever that means.

After all this back and forth, I was then informed that they were not interested in proceeding, with no explanation as to why. Even worse, I came to find out an ex-employee of my current company, who is also friends with my current manager, had scoped out my LinkedIn profile - clearly they'd caught wind of my application. The implications and potential risk to the prospective employee are obvious.

When I brought up my concern about this situation to the recruiter, she agreed it was unprofessional and that she'd investigate how this came to be, and that she would instruct the person in question not to communicate my candidacy to his ex-colleagues at my current company. I never heard from her again.

All in all, a complete waste of time and a potentially risky endeavor that I would not recommend.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Smith & Nephew.

Interview

Great conversation with recruiter. Moved to next sep which was a video interview with Hireview. I do not believe answering questions on a one-sided video recording is a good way to measure whether someone would be a fit for a sales job where you have regular face to face interactions with customers and prospects. Lack of responses and no feedback when requested.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smith & Nephew in February 2020.

Interview

First spoke with recruiter and read off resume. Then spoke with a manager about the role and experience. The position was asking for a graduate engineer, but the manager was looking for more than just a graduate and wanted more of a 1-2 year experience employee.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.