Smith & Williamson Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Smith & Williamson Interview Questions

Interviews at Smith & Williamson

3.1

Graduate Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Smith & Williamson in August 2020.

Interview

The interview, and assessment center was all carried out on Microsoft Team. Interview was conducted by two senior partners at the office i applied to. In addition to this had a group exercise, and written exercise that was conducted online.

Trainee Interview

Interview

Assessment centre. Written exercise, group exercise then an interview. Everyone was super lovely and made me feel comfortable. Group exercise was quite challenging but manageable. Started at 9:30 and finished at 3. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• When have you demonstrated time management?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smith & Williamson.

Interview

Standard format of online tests then assessment centre with interview. On day of assessment centre it was split into more tests, a group task and an interview. Everyone was incredibly friendly but the tests were time pressured.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smith & Williamson.

Interview

Had to do online video interview which asked several different questions after doing online testing. Took a bit of time to get back to me. They asked 5 different questions In the interview.

Tax Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smith & Williamson (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2020.

Interview

The role was not advertised so I was sent in by a recruiter. The firm sounds keen to improve its work culture and bring in talented individuals who are team players.

Forensic Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smith & Williamson (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Short online test, followed by an invitation to a prerecorded video interview. Then an assessment centre consisting of an individual execrise, a group exercise and an interview with two senior managers.

Graduate Trainee Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Smith & Williamson (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

Online tests followed by a video interview and then an assessment centre that consisted of the following: 1 written exam, 1 group activity, and an hour interview
    The process is very efficient and they are great at communicating with you throughout the process

Interview Questions

• What are the financial and economic issues affecting Smith & Williamson   1 Answer

Trainee Investment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Smith & Williamson (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Initial stage was simply filling out education and work experience details online. There were a few motivational / competency questions towards the end. After that it's a set of standard maths and verbal aptitude tests.

I got invited to a telephone interview a few weeks after that, which included more typical basic competency questions. The following week I got an invite to the assessment centre, which was split into two halves. First half was spent redoing aptitude tests (those who failed were sent home), and then after lunch there was a group exercise and an individual exercise. I wasn't invited to the final round of interviews.

Investment Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Smith & Williamson (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Presentation on the structure of a new portfolio in respect to the current Brexit position, then asked questions about what I said. This was followed by grilling of CV and standard questions as to why S&W, why IM etc.

Accountancy Apprentice Interview

Application

Interview

Starts with online application, followed by a telephone interview and then an assessment day, including; interview, group task and individual task. The same day as the assessment day I got a call but they advised it could take up to a week to get back.

Interview Questions

• Example question would be: When was a time you showed good management?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.