Snapdeal Category Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Snapdeal Category Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Snapdeal

3.2

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okhla (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Snapdeal (Okhla (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

it was taken by HR for first 2 rounds then an online aptitude test . thereafter a panel of people taken 3 rounds to select me for this job.. Overall it took 15 days to get me onboard ..

Interview Questions

• why u want to join us ? what do you know about the product and industry and what can you do betetr for company ..   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Snapdeal

Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Snapdeal in April 2015.

Interview

- It was lengthy process .Basically focused on the category requirement.3 rounds of interview taken .First was telephonic round , second face to face .third which AVP

Interview Questions

• GSV numbers
      Top Line bottom line
      Types of promotions
      promotional Platforme   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Snapdeal (New Delhi (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

I went through 7 rounds, first being an analytical maths/english quiz, second being a problem solving GD, third an interview with a Category Head/Associate Director, fourth with the VP, and fifth with the senior VP.

Having industry knowledge is very helpful. Must subscribe to ET Retail, VC Circle, Tech Crunch, and speak to as many people as possible in this space. It is also helpful to be on top of numbers here. When you talk to other Category Managers (across the companies), try to get a sense of what they would be looking at; for example, right now, the focus is soon going to shift towards Tier-2 and FMCG.

Interview Questions

• - was asked to develop the health Category 360-degree end-to-end in the third round of the interview.

However, what was more helpful here was the fact that I had a whole lot of industry knowledge, around which we could eventually do a lot of conversation - the interview lasting for one full hour.   1 Answer

Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Snapdeal in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed at my Campus(Indian School of Business) during campus recruitment. There were 3 rounds.
    Round 1 A group activity wherein a group of 10 had to find the missing links and solve a puzzle. It was simple. They were judging how you work in a team.
    Round 2 This was personal interview with a senior person from Snapdeal. Some questions were: Introduce yourself? Why Category Management? What are the categories that Snapdeal has on its portal? He gave a situation: If you had to target a sale of 1 crore in the mobile phones category in a week, how would you plan the assortment of mobiles and their prices?
    Round 3 This was HR round. Basic HR questions. Why should we take you, etc.

Interview Questions

• If you had to target a sale of 1 crore in the mobile phones category in a week, how would you plan the assortment of mobiles and their prices?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty long. I had to tell my expectations to the HR and my previous salary. He made an offer. I negotiated for long and finally accepted the offer.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Snapdeal (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

The campus recruitment process consisted of the following 3 stages:
    1st STEP: Online screening test
    2nd STEP: Technical PI
    3rd STEP: HR round
    I made it through all the 3. Last round HR asked generic questions, I was sure to get through. But to my surprise, they found myself not aligned to Snapdeal.
    The process was long and didn't seem to be fair as people who had not cleared the screening tests were recruited finally!

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Snapdeal (New Delhi (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

Got to know about the openings through a friend and passed on the CV. Initially got an telephonic interview which lasted for around 15 mins, it was a simple HR round- where are you currently working, why do you want to leave the current job, why snapdeal, then was asked to attend 1:1 interview, after that i was asked to make a presentation on an category.

Interview Questions

• 2 rounds of interview, one HR, one technical. Asked to make a presentation on the category I applied for?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.