Softcat Graduate Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Softcat Graduate Sales Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Softcat

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Softcat (London, England) in June 2020.

Interview

submitted CV then personality questionnaire were you just had to select adjectives that describe you then a video interview where they asked 10 questions. did not pass the interview but they gave specific feedback which I appreciated because some companies you get to the 4th round and they don't even bother giving you feedback

think what you need to convey during the video interview is 1) why sales 2) why soft cat 3) why you are suitable for the job

Interview Questions

Softcat Response

15 Jun 2020 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience, it's really valuable. I am really glad also that though this time round it didn't work out, that we could provide you with the constructive feedback to ensure you can develop for the next application and interview you do.

Good luck in the future

Other Interview Reviews for Softcat

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Softcat (Bristol, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Was approached on LinkedIn. Complete some simple/easy personality tests online then invited to an AC. AC consisted of a quiz on top-level company information, a features/benefits task, a gatekeeper task, a presentation and an elevator pitch. Was not offered role due to insufficient questions asked in the gatekeeping task and the assessor didn't understand my sales motivation. You only have 2 minutes to pitch to them at the end which is not a long time (though I could have used it better), and my particular assessor was more interested in what was going on through the glass door behind me than what I was saying. Not something I would have applied for off my own back so its for the best I wasn't successful.

Interview Questions

Softcat Response

2 Mar 2020 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review, and for your break down of the process and your experience.

We do thank you for taking the time to go through the process and attend the assessment day.

We do want to make sure that you're motivation for Sales is clear as it can be quite a tough job in the early days as you'll be doing lots of business development which can be made alot tougher if you aren't driven to sell.

We wish you well for the future

Thanks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softcat (Glasgow, Scotland).

Interview

Whilst I understood why their interview process is informal.. I felt that they stepped way over the mark with some of their comments. They made a few comments about my work experience which whilst I casually laughed off, could be deemed offensive and in my opinion, they chose being casual over professionalism.

Interview Questions

Softcat Response

25 Jun 2019 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write feedback on your experience. We do apologise that you had this experience as we've recently rolled out a new competency interview framework across the business and have trained all recruiting managers on best practice so we're sad to hear it's not been adopted in all offices. We will take this feedback on board and ensure best practice is followed and that interviews are done with the upmost respect and professionalism.

Thanks

Recruitment Manager

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.