SolarCity Field Energy Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SolarCity Field Energy Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at SolarCity

2.4

Field Energy Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

Recruiter contacts you, you have a phone interview with them, you speed along to an interview with your channel account manager in person, and then with their boss, and then you're hired...or not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SolarCity

Field Energy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (San Diego, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

fairly easy, phone interview followed by management panel
    management asked standard interview questions
    experience etc
    aslso how to handle specific situations
    look more for communication skills and personality
    be bubbly because the role requires positive attitude

Interview Questions

• what are some ways you would try to generate leads in store   1 Answer

Field Energy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

You have a phone interview with a recruiter. After that, if you move on in the process, you go to the main warehouse and interview with the Recuiter an RSM and a CAM. Then they give you an offer letter. You schedule a drug test and complete the background requirements. And Once everything is complete you start training.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to have a career in Solar.   1 Answer

Field Energy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (Roseville, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

took about 2 weeks. Phone interview and then in-person interview. General questions of experience on the phone and then a little more detail in the live interview. Really straight forward. No surprises.

Interview Questions

• How was your last job competitive and how did you succeed in such an environment?   Answer Question

Field Energy Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

Phone call then one on one with manager, interview with manager was an depth assessment of intelligence and motivation regarding technology knowledge and people skills due to complex software used in Solar sales. Overall, a very positive experience

Interview Questions

• Explain a challenging situation and how you overcome it   Answer Question

Received better offer

Field Energy Advisor Interview

Interview

My interview was a little non-standard. I was still in the military stationed overseas when I applied to this job. I thought that this would be an interesting and exciting career with a good company, so I submitted my application online and hoped for the best.

My recruiter and I played phone tag over the course of my last deployment, and when I finally arrived in San Diego I was able to interview within a few days. The follow up from my recruiter was superb. He knew that I wanted this job and he was flexible enough to keep the hiring process going over a period of 3 months.

My advice to people going into an interview with SolarCity is fairly simple: dress well, show up motivated, research the position as much as possible, and eat your Wheaties for breakfast.

My recruiter really reached out and took a chance on me. I had no prior sales experience, and I wasn't living in the area when I applied, but we worked with each other until I was Honorably Discharged in San Diego. I was grateful for the interview and have been happy with my job since then.

Interview Questions

• Have a game plan prepared for how you are going to reach out to 200 perfect strangers a day and try to get them interested in solar. This is a choose your own adventure sort of question, be prepared to demonstrate your strengths and your ability to communicate.   Answer Question

Field Energy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SolarCity (Albany, NY (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was straight forward. I got a call on the phone and answered some questions along with scheduling a face to face interview with the Channel Account Manager. Went in, answer your typical interview questions (Why this company, Why you, Where do you see yourself heading, anything else you want to know (tough question be ready), etc)

Field Energy Advisor Interview

Interview

After submitting an application, I was eligible to take an assessment test. The test measures how fast you're able to react to certain situations, computer skills, and psychological reasoning. I passed the test and received an email that I would be contacted for an interview. I received a call to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview is meant to screen out people that wont be suited for the job. My phone interview went great, the person interviewing me was very friendly and was helpful in preparing me for a face to face interview. There were 3 people present for my face to face interview and they were all extremely friendly and made me feel comfortable. I thought the interview went well as I answered everything right away to the best of my ability. The person that interviewed me over the phone was also present for the face to face interview and thought I did well. I received a call the next day and unfortunately, I didn't get the job as I didn't have prior sales experience.

Interview Questions

• Having previously studied graphic design, I was asked, "Why switch to sales?"   Answer Question

Field Energy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (Bakersfield, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I knew someone within the company so i had an advantage. little sales experience though. They look more at a persons personality. Had a phone interview first with a really nice lady. things went well, so i went to a second interview in person with my now supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to try and sell him his laptop.   1 Answer

Field Energy Advisor Interview

Interview

Interview was a pretty standard retail sales job interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. The salary and commission was already set.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.