SolarCity Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SolarCity Interview Questions

Interviews at SolarCity

2.5

Field Energy Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

Brief 30 min phone convo asked a range of questions, they try to determine weather or not you will be a good fit for a sales position depending on your personality and skill set .

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10 how competitive are you   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard Shores, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (Oxnard Shores, CA (US)).

Interview

It was an over the phone interview with a recruiter from Solar City. It wasn’t difficult and the hiring process was smooth. Since I was referred by an employee, it made it easier.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

Initial screening phone call was quick and easy, which led to a video call first official interview. He asked several good questions about my experience and asked for details and examples. He didn't leave much time for questions so try to get them in if you can. There's a second interview scheduled in person a week after the first interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in monitoring. Was it post PTO?
      Do you have experience diagnosing three-phase systems?
      What's the size of your fleet? How many systems are you monitoring?   Answer Question

Field Energy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (Orlando, FL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and had a phone interview the next day with a regional recruiter. Nothing intimidating, he just explained the expectations of the role, compensation and an overview of my resume. I went through to the next round and had a video interview with the head recruiter for the region I would be working in. Very relaxed interview, same as the first, except its best to show your personality and passion for the position during this time. 4 days later, I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous experience in guest/customer service and in sales? Please explain.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (Buffalo, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

HR manager contacted me after applying online. Setup interview with couple schedule changes. In person interview was very brief with cookie cutter questions. Panel was new to the process but interview was casual and stress free. Left with a sense that maybe someone might contact me.

Site Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SolarCity (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Very nice and brief seeemed to know what they want. 2 people interviewed me and thenplace seemed very relaxed. Everyone was my age and look so should be good

Field Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

If you could be any animal what would it be? How do you handle change? Tell me about the last product you sold? Basic question to get to know you. Many of the question are tailored just to get a better understand of how you think.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SolarCity (San Mateo, CA (US)).

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter. Came in to interview twice. With different folks. Met with CFO, Technical Director, Controller, outgoing Accounting Manager. Very relaxed interview as well as informative. Interview had to rescheduled twice due to schedule conflicts.

Interview Questions

• A question asked was 'Where do you see yourself in 5 years?'   Answer Question

Installer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

Process was quick and they specifically tell you what there looking for. The interviewer ask you some questions specifically about what do you know, and what can you tell them about yourself. They will later call you to know if your hired or not.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SolarCity in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was relatively laid back. The manager was professional and seemed genuinely interested in you. I rejected my offer to work here upon realizing that the job was not a good fit for me. The position itself requires you to walk around a Home Depot in an attempt to sell solar panels. The pay is mostly based off of your sales and is not competitive. You do not need a bachelor’s degree for this job. You will not make what you would expect if you have obtained a degree.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.