SolarCity Junior PV Installer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SolarCity Junior PV Installer Interview Questions

Interviews at SolarCity

2.2

Junior PV Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (Martinez, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

I Applied online and waited a a week or two to get a call back and was phone interviewed and was asked to come in for an interview. During the interview the regional recruiter gave a presentation and gave us a good idea what the companys goals are and who they are in the solar business.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SolarCity

Junior PV Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beltsville, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SolarCity (Beltsville, MD (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Everything happened so fast after I applied they called me next day and i was interviewed after 3 days. The interview was very chill it was not stressful at all, people were great. They held a short presentation about the company and the job position, and after that they showed us the warehouse and then one by one we were interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Why you want to work in solar and why SolarCity?   Answer Question

Junior PV Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (Milpitas, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview, introduction about the company, then 1 on 1 with the office manager. The group talk about the company really excited some people, but was just propaganda. The manager was interrupted three times while interviewing myself, and twice while interviewing others by installers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Junior PV Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parker, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (Parker, CO (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

First applied through their careers website. Got a call the next day to do a informal phone interview and schedule a in person interview. In person interview starts with a group of applicants; the ROM Reg Office Manager does a presentation about the company and the position. Then he takes an applicant one by one for single interviews and afterwards another manager does a basic hands on with tools interview. Then told they will call. Received a call with job offer on 3rd business day after interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, offered $14/hr base pay for apprentice installer

Junior PV Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Windsor, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SolarCity (New Windsor, NY (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

The Hiring Process for me was pretty straight forward. The called me on a Wednesday for a group interview on Thursday. They have a presentation that they will show and explain describing the company and all the goodies that come with the job. Afterward they conducted individual interviews. My interview went really well because of my electrical background. You do not need to be an electrician for this position, a lot of the people Interviewed with had little or no electrical experience. The called me later that Thursday and offered me a position and I accepted.

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Junior PV Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (Jersey City, NJ (US)).

Interview

I submitted a resume and followed up by dropping into an office and asking to speak to an HR rep. I was promised an interview by an operations manager. I was interviewed in by 3 managers at once after a presentation. I was offered a position a week later which I accepted and will be relocating for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the $15/HR starting pay standard for a jr. Installer. I will also be receiving reimbursement for relocation up to $500

Junior PV Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I got an interview right away. The recruiter was friendly and answered all questions that I had and worked hard to get answers to all of my questions. Unfortunately, the recruiter guaranteed that I would have a set schedule that I did not end up having. After getting hired I was told that I would have a rotating schedule and this was extremely frustrating because I left my previous job because it had a rotating schedule and I wanted a set schedule to have consistency with my family.

Junior PV Installer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter who asked me a some questions over the phone and then scheduled an interview. The interview started in a group where we watched a video about SolarCity and then we were each asked about ourselves and experience.

After the group portion, we were divided into two groups, the first group went in one by one for their oral interview. The other group went out to the garage and went one by one for a skills-type of interview where they identified different tools and roof coverings.

The oral interview was simply questions about yourself, what you know about and how you would benefit the company, and basic questions about construction, specifically a roof.

Interview Questions

• Describe a basic rundown of building a roof.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation.

Junior PV Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I was hired to different position and after a few months asked to be put in the field therefore I did not have an installer interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.