SolarCity OUTSIDE SALES Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SolarCity OUTSIDE SALES Interview Questions

Interviews at SolarCity

2.6

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SolarCity (Wilmington, DE (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very Laid back work atmosphere. Almost too laid back. Trying to figure out if this is a network marketing position or a real sales job. You must generate 2/3 of clients through your personal network each month.

Interview Questions

• 1st question "so who are you?" 2nd "what do you know about solar?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SolarCity

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarCity in September 2015.

Interview

Quick phone interview. Very nice recruiter. Mix up on actual job applied for. Looks like they have a lot of turnover. Six people at the interview. Not sure why? Stand at home depot at get leads. Probably only need an HR Rep.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the job? Did take an interview because the job discription changed when I got there.   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SolarCity (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

They have a series of questions targeted at finding naive and gullible sales people. This company wants results and it's a hard market. They expect their sales people to sell their PPA's and solar leases at ridiculous commission structures. Some reps sell 20 - 30 systems per month working 12 hours and only make $100 - $200 off each system; this is thievery! These poor kids don't know how - much they should be getting per sale. Industry standard is $$1,500 - $3,000 per sales. These kids are getting ripped off. If the interview knows you're aware of this, they cut the interview short and move on to the next candidate, hoping they don't know the truth.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SolarCity (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Talked with recruiter and then with several managers. Interesting concept of building a individual power plant and selling the energy to homeowner. Managers are knowledgeable. Growth has been large with opportunities.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity in September 2014.

Interview

Emailed a resume, got a favorable reply from a recruiter. Was asked to attend a "meet n greet" and did some networking. Found some of the sales managers at the MnG to be helpful; others abrasive. I have years of sales experience in the architecture and design field where product knowledge and being articulate are necessary skills. In addition I am passionate about solar, having taken some elective courses in college out of pure interest. SC was not interested in experience, skill or knowledge; they were/are looking for young, warm bodies that are moldable, energized and willing to take punishing rejection - think telemarketing, but on your feet all day right in front of people.

Interview Questions

• "How do you deal with rejection"   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SolarCity in September 2014.

Interview

I was recruited by someone on their talent acquisition team. 2 phone interviews and one face to face. The interviews were of a relaxed nature. I really got the feeling that they knew I had the skill set to do the job, but wanted to have a deeper understanding of my values and personality to make sure that I would be a good fit to the corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• Why is renewable energy important to you?   1 Answer
    • How do you plan your day?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit to Solar City?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarCity (Oakland, CA (US)).

Interview

Phone interview that took about 30 minutes. Spoke with a very friendly and professional man, that had obvious years of experience. Made me feel confident in the company and happy to interview. Was turned off by low salary.

Interview Questions

• asked all the usual questions
      -what would make you a good fit
      -what qualities are important in this position
      -weaknesses/strengths   Answer Question

30,000 base pay plus weak commission rates

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (Columbia, MD (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. Then contacted by a recruiter I had 2 interviews with the recruiter. I took a test online then I was called in for a face to face.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about the company.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.