SolarCity PV Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SolarCity PV Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at SolarCity

2.3

PV Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

There was a test. But it was mainly to test the candidate's thinking process. Then there was the typical interview question session. It was pretty simple. Just review interview questions and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SolarCity

PV Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SolarCity (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews. One with your manager and the second with your managers manager. After the second phone interview you will get an email from HR saying if you want to accept offer. No negotiating

PV Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

Two phone interviews
    One with Team lead and one with territory manager
    I received the second interview right after I had my first one
    Most of the questions asked from the first interview are behavioral questions
    introductions about the position was also provided during the first interview
    Second interview contained some technical questions

Interview Questions

• What would you want SolarCity to accomplish in the future?   Answer Question

PV Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

Phone interview with design team lead. Very relaxed conversation to get to know each other. Lots of questions about working in a stressful environment, how I handle stress, questions of that nature.

PV Designer Interview

Interview

interview was over call. There were 2 managers; one explained about the position and other one asked questions. It was a bit stressful with so many questions, but not so bad. Nothing technical was asked.interview lasted for about half an hour.

PV Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

Interview consisted of 2 phone interviews. No technical quiz. This was one of the easier and shorter interviews since other companies often had 3+ interviews. I talked first with a general hiring manager then with my potential direct supervisor. We discussed general background, why I want to work for SolarCity, etc.

PV Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

Not a whole lot of personal questions. Mostly a big intro about the company and the type of work I'd be doing if hired on. The interviewer had a small technical exam, but really it was more of a test to see how I'd react under pressure, and how I go about solving problems. The interview was very easygoing. He asked the typical interview questions near the end.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

PV Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (Pleasant Hill, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got call from recruiter regarding interview setup.
    Had interview with manager and asked about resume, background,basics of electrical, ohms law, series parallel, roof, mechanical
    then had discussion about working atmosphere in solarcity, career path ahead.

Interview Questions

• basics of electrical, ohms law, series parallel, roof, mechanical   2 Answers

PV Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SolarCity (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Simple interview process, expect it to be more of a conversation than anything. SolarCity is looking for a personality type more than anything. Expect to talk about your work experience and how you handled difficult times. Make sure you are able to work in a team if you want to work here and be sure to portray that to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you did not meet expectations in a project and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

PV Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter initially emailed and wanted to talk to me about the position, didn't specify if he meant phone or in person. Sent him my availability for the next 10 days. He scheduled a phone interview, and never called, didn't reply to email or phone call for 24 hours. Emailed his reason, which could sort of justify missing the interview, then assured me he still wanted to talk to me about the position. I emailed back that I understood, and again gave hime my availability. That was on April 10 and have not heard from him in any capacity. I accepted another job opportunity however I am curious if this has ever happened to anyone else?

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.