Southeastern Railway Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 11 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Southeastern Railway

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southeastern Railway (Stratford, England) in Mar 2020

Interview

I applied online and a few days later invited to an online assessment. I was then called by a recruiter and offered an interview at a London station where I was interviewed by a station manager and area manager.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about Southeastern Railway.
    1 Answer
  • What are Southeastern Railway's London Termini
  • Provide an example of a time when you failed
  • How do you represent our values (two questions for two values)
  • What do you know about the role advertised

Southeastern Railway

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southeastern Railway

Interview

There are a series of tests to go through, as well as shadowing people to learn the role on a day to day basic. The training takes a little while but as its safety based you can understand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonbridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southeastern Railway (Tonbridge, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

Terrible interview process with tests that are irrelevant to the role applied for. Poor candidate experience and no feedback given without chasing. One to avoid unless you like to hear managers speaking inappropriately in front of potential candidates. One to avoid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southeastern Railway (Dartford, England) in Mar 2019

Interview

Online tests- situational, literacy, numeracy Assessment Day- role play, written communication, learning new things test- Interview- competency based plus Presentation on changing people's mindset Very pleasant but very lengthy process. Eventually, they offered a job to an internal applicant who did not initially applied for the job but was encouraged by managers as it was deemed easier to take an internal applicant rather spend time training up someone new! than This part I find very disappointing

Interview Questions
  • Describe the time you motivated someone / Describe the time you went over and above
5 people found this interview helpful

Southeastern Railway

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Southeastern Railway

Interview

Initial online application with questions to answer, followed by online maths & verbal reasoning tests if successful. Then invited to an assessment centre for additional reasoning tests similar to those done online as well as a role-play with assessor.

Interview Questions
  • Thinking about your local station 'X', what is an improvement you would make at that station?
8 people found this interview helpful

Southeastern Railway

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Southeastern Railway in Jul 2017

Interview

Answers been given were not taken on board by managers. I got the feeling that they had made their mind up about people they wanted before the interview. Answers given were related to the job description but the attitude from the managers was something.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southeastern Railway (Royal Tunbridge Wells, England) in Jul 2016

Interview

The interview was in front of a 3 person panel, they were friendly and wanted you to be at ease. Standard interview questions, in total it lasted about 50 minutes. Behavioral and situational questions , they also want to know you have researched the company and you need examples to illustrate their values.

Interview Questions
18 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Southeastern Railway (London, England) in Aug 2016

Interview

2 step interview face to face then presentation . Took around six weeks then two week wait for medical included drugs and alcohol test and health review . Good overall

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tonbridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Southeastern Railway (Tonbridge, England) in Nov 2015

Interview

-> Online application -> Online test (verbal, numerical etc.) -> Test centre; cards containing different questions so you can figure the patterns and complete as required, a scenario task to manage an event, role play to manage an employee under-performing due to change of circumstances. -> second interview with line managers -> drugs & alcohol test

Interview Questions
  • Relevant work experience, and about the company's future aims.

Anonymous Employee in Ramsgate, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southeastern Railway (Ramsgate, England) in Aug 2015

Interview

My tip would be to look as much as possible into the history of southeastern, and the structure of the business. There's a lot of team work involved while working in such a company, so make sure the students are able to show that. Good communication skill is a must( I think my experience in volunteering was a plus, as it showed that I could work in a team and I had good communication skills) They are more likely to ask the students about the types of trains run by Southeastern Railway, so it's good to look into that, ( nothing technical). I remember telling them that southeastern has 29 high speed trains, something the interviewers were not completely sure of. During my interview, they were going through a document containing the questions ( about 5 pages), I've recently heard that the interview is now conducted by 3 managers and goes for 2 hours. Make sure that the students are not shy to talk about their achievements at the university. My main tip would be to interact as much as possible with the interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • Coming to technical questions, I remember getting a question with a bearing failure and how to go about finding the fault. There were also questions such as the definition of torque. There was also a question about giving an example on how I had to work with difficult people while working in a team, and a question on how to predict ,how well a product is going to sell.
1 person found this interview helpful