Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Southwest Airlines

1,171 Interview Reviews

2.6

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Great process, interview went great. 2nd interview over the phone went great as well. Wanted me to fly to Dallas by the end of the week for in person interview at my own expense.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in customer service   7 Answers

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

A week after applying you get a phone call from a recruiter asking you several questions they were given with specific answers referring to general aircraft maintenance

You then receive a call from the manager of the station you are applying to for more questions and a sense of your personality.

You then go in for a face to face interview with several managers and an HR representative. The environment is very relaxed and they want to know how well you can interact and fit in with the group.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR questions...what would you do...what if's   1 Answer

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Interview process begins with practical skills and knowledge tests. After passing, the interview is conducted by other aircraft mechanics. The interview is very friendly with an emphasis on getting to know you and your attitude (Southwest calls it "Warrior Spirit"). They want candidates that will bring their experience as well as a willingness to continue to learn and grow. I spoke with one of the interviewers after I was hired to ask a little more about what exactly they were looking for. They wanted an easy going person who was confident in their skills but without any cockiness.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

I submit my application online two months latter they call me and give me a phone interview then one week latter i went to the southwest headquarters to take a skills test after pass the test they fly me to the face to face interview , the interview was really hard because was infront 3 Sw maintenance managers and 1 HR guy

Interview Questions

• They ask me alot of technical cuestions about the 737 flap system and 717 landing gear   Answer Question

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

This was a very organized, structured interview process. Was called by a senior internal recruiter. We hit it off and the questions were very broad. Then the next phone interview was with the lead off-site consulting manager, which was more technical specific. I then was asked to come in for a face to face interview with a structured 3-4 hour panel of management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what SPC stands for and how do you look and test for it   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2014.

Interview

It was an amazing interview with ~10 interviewers all asking me fun and entertaining questions. I had never had a group interview like this, and it was a lot of fun.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick the pig nose as part of your costume for this interview?   Answer Question

Corporate Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy: resume screening, phone interview, in-person interview (Dallas HQ). Each interview was about 30 minutes, with the recruiter being a part of both interviews. Simple questions were asked, nothing too complex, but it depends on your recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Why are you passionate about sales?   1 Answer

Corporate Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied online in October. Landed a phone interview about two months later. They flew me out to their headquarters for a final round in February. Overall the process was very laid back and they were helpful along the way.

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Fist round was a phone interview, about 20 mins, briefly went through my resume. Then on-site internview with 2 hiring managers and 1 hr. Was a good interview about 40 mins, not too hard. Some behavior questions.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

In depth and asked of my a lot about my resume and the applicability experience to the job description. I thought it was fair and reasonable. They ask a lot of behavioral questions as well as SWA culture related questions.

Interview Questions

• Consider your past experiences. What would you have done differently in your jobs before that may have helped you be more successful?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.