Splunk Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 585 of over 585 interviews

Recruiter13%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Splunk

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

Various interviews with Hiring Manager, technical interview, Sales Leader, One-over-one, presentation and panel. In the technical interview, different topics were asked in a structured way. The other interviews were open, very pleasant... there was more testing to see if the chemistry was right.

Interview Questions
  • How to present value or overcome obstacles?
    Answer Question

Splunk

Application

I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

I thought the interview process was pretty unprofessional. The company cold emailed me for this role, and we set up an interview the same week. The interview went well with the hiring manager expressing intent to move forward to next steps. The next business day, said follow-up interview was scheduled. I asked a question in the interim and was not responded to. The day of the next scheduled interview, the interviewer canceled on me because they had "just filled the role." Overall, that was a pretty frustrating result. Given the timeline, I'd guess that they were already far enough along with the other candidate to know they were close to offering or had offered them before I even began. Knowing that, they chose to interview me and promise a follow-up just to back out last-second.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Splunk

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Splunk

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

Absolutely my worst interview experience. The first half of the interview was decent, since it was with a different interviewer. My interviewer for the second half texted me 30 minutes before the interview asking to reschedule, and when I sent him my availability, he declined all the times I sent and asked to do the interview now. By that time, it was already past the time of the original interview start time. He also insisted on ending at the original set time. The one good thing I can say is that the recruiter followed up in an email asking if I wanted to schedule an extra 10 minutes later to make up for the lost time, but by then I already knew I had no interest in the team I interviewed for and declined. From previous Splunk interviews and hearing from friends, as well as an email from a Splunk recruiter giving tips on what type of questions I should prepare for, I know the usual intern interview format for Splunk is a technical leetcode question for 45 minutes, then a design question for 45 minutes. My interview did not follow that format. My interviewer even asked if that was what I expected, and that he personally dislikes that format. Although this is subjective, and I know the typical technical questions asked usually do not touch on what you actually do at the job, I feel that they can still display your problem-solving abilities in an effective manner. The questions he asked instead, while related to React which is what the team used, can be easily learned on the job or found on Google/Stack Overflow. I felt like I was doing React jeopardy instead of actually displaying my programming abilities. Honestly, if the questions were more thoughtful and designed better to actually test my skills, I wouldn't even be mad that they didn't follow the "typical format". But this whole interview just felt so unorganized and unprofessional. When it came to the end of the interview and I was asking questions about Splunk, he chose to waste more time by making up his own question and answering it, before answering the question that I actually asked and was interested in. Overall, I think I probably just got unlucky and had a terrible interviewer, and hopefully not all Splunk interviewers are like this. Would not apply again though.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Splunk

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

The interview process was 3 interviews long. The first one was 30-mins with a PM. You might have to do a take-home case study depending on the role and team.

Interview Questions
  • How would you design an app for keeping track of items for travel?

Splunk

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk in Nov 2021

Interview

Great conversation with the recruiter, she told me would send me for interview with the hiring manager and ghosted me. I followed up after 2 weeks and no response. We can have an idea about company values through how they treat the candidates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Splunk

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Splunk in Nov 2021

Interview

The interview process is really smooth. The hiring manager and the interviewer are all patient and helpful. The Email response is very quick and the coding platform is great. So I really enjoy the interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Splunk

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk in Nov 2021

Interview

I was really surprised how quick and efficient the HR team was. I had applied online for the position and received an interview with the HR person fairly quickly. After that interview, I quickly got an email requesting a time for interview with the hiring manager. Did that, then again another interview with 2 members on the team. Everything went great, or so I thought. :) In the end they found a better fit. At each level of interviews, they are provided with canned questions to ask. The interview is very process driven. Overall though, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me what you know about Splunk. Tell me what you know about the position you are applying for.

Splunk

Application

I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

The interview was in 3 folds. Two were for technical questions and the other was for behavioral questions . I was asked how to explain some cyber terms and how it related to the job

Interview Questions
  • What is threat hunting MITRE framework How to harden systems Phishing emails

Splunk

Application

I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

Really well, started with a call interview followed by a technical interview. I was asked a lot about myself, and my experiences. Overall the experience was great and the interview process was very smooth

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Splunk

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

Was the most impersonal interview process I've been through. Process consisted of coding assignment, tech screen, & onsite. There was no intro call with the recruiter, only emails & automated msgs about scheduling the next round of interviews. This was a problem because I really didn't have a good idea what they were hiring for until the onsite. Which turned out to be for a specific team in the IT org working on internal webapps. Which turned out to not be interesting to me nor a good fit. Knowing any of this basic info upfront we could've saved each others time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 585 Interviews