Square Interview Questions

Updated 4 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Square

Employee Referral14%
HardAverageEasy
Found 780 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Square (United States)

Interview

Minority candidates beware! Had a phone interview with the recruiter, they were amazing very passionate about Square. Kind and knowledgeable about the role. Moved onto the next round with hiring manager which was a very unpleasant experience. The interview was full of microaggressions and the manager was very condescending. It was very disheartening because this company has made a point to highlight diversity and inclusion and to have a senior member of their staff treat diverse hires like this is the exact opposite of what they stand for. I never write reviews but felt it was important to let minority candidates know what they may be walking into.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about why you want to work for Square?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Square (United States)

Interview

Nothing unusual. It was an overall underwhelming experience. I did not accept the job as it was not right fit. Customer service from the company itself and their HR was great and I enjoyed the application process but was kinda of lengthy.

Interview Questions
Square
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Square (United States)

Interview

The interview process was insulting, when it came time for the technical interview I told the recruiter multiple times that I program in R (the job posting and interview request said R/Python). When it came time for the interview the interviewer said it would be in Python, I said that I told the recruiter I program in R and the interviewer said that she didn’t even think the interview question could transfer to R. It did not. I guess I should’ve prepped Python instead, the question was easy enough that had I prepped my 5 year old Python notes that I could’ve easily passed it. I prepped a bunch of stats and data transformations in R instead, since that’s what I currently do in my DS job. The interviewer didn’t even know enough R to help me along with the question. For the second part, I got every SQL question right. Then I got a generic rejection from a no-reply, not even from the recruiter I was in contact with. The whole process was extremely insulting and I won’t be applying to Square again.

Interview Questions
Square
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Square (United States)

Interview

Interview process was fairly straight-forward. I enjoyed the people that I met and the length of my process. I felt like I was assessed fairly and always kept in the loop.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Square (United States)

Interview

Phone screen, technical screen, etc. Technical screen interviewer had a heavy accent and the call was done over google hangouts, not Zoom, so audio quality was terrible. Could barely understand the interviewer when they spoke. They interviewer never pasted the question into the coderpad so I had no reference for the requirements of the problem.

Interview Questions
  • Write a function to validate a URL and handle parsing paths with /../. The interviewer was terrible and never said what constituted a valid URL for the scope of the problem, so ended up wasting a bunch of time on that.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Square (United States)

Interview

The interview process had a few steps. It started with a recruiter reaching out to fill out a questionnaire, then a call with the recruiter, then an extensive interview with people across the company.

Interview Questions
Square
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Australia
Application

I interviewed at Square (Australia)

Interview

Applied for the position online, had three rounds of interviews which included an initial phone interview. The process can be quite long but they do get back to you relatively quick.

Interview Questions
Square
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Square (United States)

Interview

Made it only to the second interview. Initial meeting was with recruiter who gave information about the job, answered your questions and asked a few clarifying questions. The second interview was with the hiring manager who did not seem to have specific questions, just tried to see if you are a good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Square (Canada)

Interview

Very slow pace in the interview process. In the end, after two interview stages, impersonal rejection email sent with generic template feedback signed "Square Team" - not even an email from a person. The recruiter that contacted me and guided me through the process didn't even respond to my last email. Poor experience.

Interview Questions
Square
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Square (United States)

Interview

Recruiting process is very straightforward and efficient; behavioral and culture fit questions.. Spoke with 3 different interviewers; Overall, very positive experience. Unfortunately, did not receive an offer. Time from applying to the rejection call is 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Can you describe how your past roles will help you in your transitioning into this opportunity
Viewing 1 - 10 of 780 Interviews