Squire Patton Boggs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Squire Patton Boggs Interview Questions

Interviews at Squire Patton Boggs

Training Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs (London, England) in September 2014.

Interview

I was invited to an Assessment Centre following the submission of my application. The application itself consisted of the usual mixture of motivational questions, extracurricular activities and what draws me to seek a career in law.

The Assessment Centre was spread over two days and was based on an interview with two partners, a negotiation exercise and a written task.

The interview was remarkably cordial and enjoyable as far as interviews can go. The negotiation went very well for me, but can largely depend on who is selected as your negotiation partner - other candidates on the Assessment Centre reported suffering as a result of having an overly dominant or exceptionally quiet negotiating partner, which makes for a complicated effort to appear coherent and using team work to solve the exercise.

The written task seemed to me the most difficult aspect of the Assessment Centre. A collection of statutes regarding IP Law was given to all the candidates and after 90 minutes reading / note-taking time, another 90 minutes was allowed to write up a letter of advice to a hypothetical client of the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to pursue a career in law?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Squire Patton Boggs?   Answer Question
    • Which firms in the City do you consider to be our competitors and why?   Answer Question
    • If you were to decide on a merger, what firms and which region would you advise to merge with into?   Answer Question
    • (In German) How was your commute to the office today? What do you think of the weather?   1 Answer

Trainee Solicitor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs.

Interview

The process in my case was a single assessment day, including a negotation exercise with other candidates where there was limited time in which to come to a conclusion cooperatively, which was an interesting one as some people seemed to think it was designed to find the most 'alpha' personalities and made idiots of themselves. There was then an interview with HR and with three partners and a networking-style event.

Interview Questions

See What Squire Patton Boggs Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar     Current Anonymous Employee

Pros: “Great, friendly firm - firm wide open door policy. Good quality of work and interesting clients. Good work life balance and approachable senior management.”“Great, friendly firm - firm wide open door policy. Good quality of work and interesting clients. Good work life balance and approachable senior management.” – Full Review

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.