St. James's Place Wealth Management Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 70 of over 70 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at St. James's Place Wealth Management

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cirencester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management (Cirencester, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

The interview process was extremely straight forward. I was asked around 5 generic questions, wih 4 or 5 more specific questions to follow my answers. The questions were very in-depth but I really felt like they were interested in me as a person, and not just my academic achievements. In my experience, I had two different individuals, from different parts of the company and even though I was in a formal business setting, they really made me feel at ease as the conversation felt very human. We discussed previous work experience and how this related to the job. I was also asked how I would deal/ what I would do with certain situations that they gave me to understand how I react in different settings. They then asked me to give real life examples to back it up.

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with stress? Give me an example where you worked as a team to overcome an issue.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stirling, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management (Stirling, Scotland, Scotland)

Interview

CV followed by interview. Interviewed me for the wrong job and offered me a considerable less money than I was looking for. When I declined they got someone else in to ask me the same interview questions then offered me more money. Was pretty weird.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management (Manchester, England, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

It was a 6 month process (most likely due to Covid-19) which comprised of thorough interviews, fitness and proprietary checks, background checks, sounding reports for future clients and a business plan. But don’t let this put you off, you are given an excellent Academy Selection Manager (recruitment manager) to talk you through each step. The final part is completing your R01 exam before a final interview with a panel of senior managers. Again, don’t let this put you off, it allows both yourselves and SJP to figure out if the role will likely suit all parties involved. I would encourage you to go for it as it was a life changing interview process which I throughly enjoyed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management (Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

First step is an application form and online tests. Next you do a video interview. The third stage is an assessment center and then the final stage is an interview. Prior to the assessment center, I had a call with the recruitment team to understand the layout of the day. During the assessment center, all the assessors were friendly and made you feel at ease.

Interview Questions
  • What is something you are learning about outside of education and work?

St. James's Place Wealth Management

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management in Jul 2020

Interview

The interview process was a bit different to usual years because of restrictions provided by COVID. It felt like a very long process. Everyone is asked to give their CV, complete some situation judgement tests and if you pass those then you're straight on to the video interview. 4 questions where you have to record your answer within a minute. This was fairly straight forward and like other video interviews. From there it felt like forever before they chose the applicants for assessment centre. I was one of 7 and it was done virtually via Microsoft teams which was interesting. 2 tasks, one written and then an interactive exercise - plan and then participate in a one-on-one meeting with your line manager. Finally a competency interview. It was an extremely long day and they got you to fill out self-reflection forms after each exercise. This felt very bizarre and often had extra questions about you and your process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about something you're passionate about. If you were to give a talk on it, what would be some of the methods of communication you would use.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cirencester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management (Cirencester, England, England) in Jun 2020

Interview

2 stage interview process. First about me and my experiences competency based questions, what I know about the role. Second with managers of team, few competency based and work related situational judgement questions. Both interviews seemed quite relax, just wanted to know more about me and how I would fit into their work environment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management (London, England, England) in Mar 2020

Interview

I had to upload my CV on the application portal. Then, I was called for a video interview which i had to complete within a week. Five questions appeared on the screen and I had one minute to prepare for each one before the recording started

Interview Questions
  • Why st james's place Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge and how you overcame it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cirencester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at St. James's Place Wealth Management (Cirencester, England, England) in Jan 2020

Interview

Video Interview was straightforward with questions on the role and why you are interested. Was followed with an Assesment Centre where we had around 4 long tasks throughout the day, some with group work and some indvidual .

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

Interview

I applied directly to an IFA's job advert via email and submitted my CV. A couple of hours later, I got a reply from them asking if I was interested in meeting them for an interview. There were 2 rounds. Both interviewers were very approachable and passionate about their work. The interviews lasted just over an hour and involved standard questions (i.e my interest in the role and in the financial services industry. There were also a few questions about my background/personality).

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to talk about my education, professional experience and interest in financial services.

Application

Interview

Assessment centre: written task, group exercise, presentation, interview. Prior to this a video interview and online application. People were friendly enough but the day wasn't as slick or as inclusive as it could have been.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 Interviews