St. Jude Medical Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

St. Jude Medical Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at St. Jude Medical

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

After applying for several job at company website a SJM technical recuiter contacted me for a position he was trying to fill. A phone interview followed with him and he passed my resume on to hiring manager but wasn't selected for one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for St. Jude Medical

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Irvine, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview with their corporate recruiter. Then an in-person interview with 6 (president, principal engineers, project manager, HR) people followed. I was told at the interview the position needs to be filled quickly and that I would hear from them in a week.

A week goes by and the recruiter informs me that the hiring manager is out of town, but tells me I'm the "front runner". Weeks go by with more reasons why the decision is delayed (still interviewing, hiring manager still out of town). The recruiter keeps reiterating that I'm the "front runner". Finally, the recruiter tells me he was misleading me and indicates the position is on hold due to a reorganization. The recruiter then tells me he anticipates a 1st quarter hire.

Once the 1st quarter comes around, I email the recruiter asking of the status on the position on hold. No reply from the recruiter. Most unprofessional interview experience ever.

Interview Questions

• Do you know GUI development? How do you work in stressful situations?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. Jude Medical (Irvine, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

30 - 45 minute one-on-one interviews with 4 engineers (mixed software and hardware) and one project manager. Typical questions asked for details of accomplishments listed on my resume. Some questions regarding hypothetical workplace and interpersonal situations. All interviews were positive, went at least 30 minutes each, some went over 45 minutes. No 'gotcha' type questions which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.
      Do you have any GUI development experience?
      Have you ever used an oscilloscope, and if so, how did you use it?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.