Stanley Black & Decker Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 8 May 2019

2.9

Sort:

Outbound Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Fort Mill, SC (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with several questions about difficult decisions and leadership style. Expectations from job and what you are looking for. Asked about past work experiences, how experience could apply to SBD, and salary expectations. Did ask when I was looking to start. At the site visit, gauntlet of interviews with a hiring team. Seven separate interviews including site manager. Tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation when you disagreed with a peer and how did you resolved the disagreement.   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with Warehouse Management System, Kronos, and Workforce?   1 Answer
    • What do you think your most difficult issue will be with transitioning from the military   1 Answer

Palletizer Interview

Interview

You will have to go through two interviews. The first interview is with Strataforce, Strataforce is the temp agency you have to go through now to get a job at Stanley Black and Decker. The Second Interview will be with the Hiring Manager at Stanley Black and decker. If you are hired on you will be assigned your job duties.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult or Unexpected question will be about how to operate a forklift.   Answer Question

Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Worked with a recruiter

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A, I did not negotiate, I accepted

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

1st Round was an easy 20min with Basic Behavioral Questions
    2nd Round was an 1hr at Local HomeDepot half walking the store and half a formal interview
    Final Round was a 2 Day Event in Towson, MD. 1st day was informative and 2nd day was 3 1on1 and sales pitch.

Interview Questions

• Why SB&D? Situational questions. Referencing past experiences. Sales scenario.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

It was a phone screen and on size. There was a long period of wait between the two. The on site interview was conducted by a group of engineers. Mostly technical questions and my vision and ideas on the current problems they are working on. Nothing specific only high level details to gauge my understanding of the problems.

Interview Questions

• technical and some personal. Algorithm, key concepts, try to build a model. programming language probing. The was a coding interview online, try to write a quick sorting algorithm .   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I came in to interview for 3 positions in the accounting department. I worked with the internal recruiter who was very nice and told me that I was one of the top candidates who they were interested in interviewing. It was a one on one interview with 5-6 people, about 30 minutes each. I had a break for lunch where they left me in a room by myself and brought me food and closed the door, which was the most odd thing I’ve seen during an interview process. I had some facts on my resume and one of the interviewers was really trying hard to catch me if there was inaccurate information. I listed on my resume that I worked with a software when I was an intern and the interviewer asked me specific questions about that software. I worked with it more than 3 years prior to the interview so I really couldn't recall that much and the interviewer pretty much told me “so you don’t have experience with this software”. This left a very bad taste in my mouth because he was making me look as if I was lying on my resume. I got a call right after the interview and the recruiter said that the interview went “really bad” and the interviewers didn’t have positive feedback (hence i didn’t get any offers out of the 3 positions I was interviewing for). Well, I guess after this experience, even if I did get an offer, I think I’d still pass on it. Peace!

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Baltimore, MD (US)).

Interview

Interviewed by 5 people. 4 of them were waste of time - seemed incompentant. The 5th person was plant manager, where the conversation was meaningful. 4-5 weeks later, with no time to plan or prepare, I was asked to meet with upper level management where an offer was made. I was expected to make decision on spot - but managed to get at least one night to respond.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate. I feel like I could have asked for more and maybe would have gotten it. Blame myself for not being more aggressive. I've learned, if there is an open position, they will fill the position.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Concord, NC (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

They took me in the HR office and ask me if I wanted a full time job (I was there as a temporary employee). I told them yes. Then it took eight weeks to finish the process.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Charlotte, NC (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online came to the office had to finish my application for enrollment. The next day I did a drug test and they was waiting for my background to come back

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in December 2016.

Interview

The process was relatively easy, I found the job through LinkedIn. The interview process including an initial phone call for screening. Then, I was invited to their Towson office for an interview day. Many students from surrounding universities were invited. The day involved three interviews, which were all mostly laid back. I was informed within the month of whether I had gotten the job or not.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.