Stanley Black & Decker Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Stanley Black & Decker Interview Questions

Interviews at Stanley Black & Decker

2.9

SMDP Interview

Interview

3 rounds total after connecting with HR Representative. Phone Call for the 1st round, 2nd round in person with someone from the field, and 3rd round in person at HQ.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in March 2020.

Interview

First 30 min Zoom interview with HR, basic behavioral questions. Then got three more zoom interview with higher managers, still some behavioral questions, also 30 mins each. After a week, got an email in early April said the position was on hold.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/ projects/ leadership experiences.   Answer Question

HR Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

Went through two successful interviews with this company and then they never followed up. This was after they asked me how quickly I could start if offered the position. I sent a follow up email and was told they had more interviews to complete first. They asked me to wait a few more weeks. I did wait and then sent another follow up email. They never responded. I thought this was a top company and was really excited at the idea of working for this company. They do not have their act together at Stanley Black & Decker from a human resources standpoint. If this is how they treat candidates who are interviewing, it's usually an indicator of how they treat employees.
     Unimpressed. I no longer wish to work for this company.

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

This review is for the Sales and Marketing Development Program.
    The process took around a month. I applied via handshake and was later contacted by a recruiter to schedule a first round phone interview. Phone interview was all basic first round interview questions (tell me about yourself. etc.) Second round part one I had to do a store walk around a Home Depot or Lowes and take pictures of different of end caps and the placements of boxes around the store. Then I was asked to travel (in a different state with no compensation) to do a store walk with an area manager. My interview went really well and was asked question such as "tell me a time when you had to deal with an upset customer" or "tell me a time you worked as a member of a team". I was given many compliments from the area manager and was moved forward to the final round interview which was a video chat with two panels with two higher ups each. This initially raised a red flag for me since many of the 3rd round interviews according to glassdoor they fly you to Townson, MD. First panel was great he was very easy to talk to and it didn't feel like an interview at all just asked some basic behavioral and situational interview questions. 2nd panel was with an HR lady and another corporate veteran. They didn't really seem interested and were more excited about it being Friday. Very hard to read and they had no personality at all. They both came off very aloof. Four days later I received some generic email from not even a personal email, basically saying "thanks but no thanks, good luck on your professional career". It came off as cowardly. This role was supposedly for recent graduates requiring no experience and was advertised as a "sales and marketing with strong leadership" which I had years of experience with. I sent an email asking why the position was not offered I was met with the answer that there were other candidates with more relevant experience. This is supposed to be a training program for college students graduating with no real experience. How does one get their foot in the door being a recent grad with no real experience? If you want to go far in this position I would suggest expressing retail experience since this is what they are looking for the most. It's funny since most of the students they hire for this position look as if they have never stepped foot in a Home Depot. At the end of the day this position just appeared to be a retail position with a fancy name and a truck.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you worked on a team?"
      "What is one of your greatest accomplishments?"   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Miramar, FL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

6 different interviews.
    Hr, marketing, technology, ecommerce, talent acquisition, and hiring manager.

The interview process was very easy, straight forward questions about my professional background.
    Never got any feedback from any of the interviews.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Fontana, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied online, received a call from the hiring manager. She did a quick 15 minute phone screening. Received an email a couple of days for a in-person interview. Interviewed with the HR Manager and HR Generalist. Pretty generic questions. Received a generic email that i was moving on to the next interview and i needed to fill out the application, i filled out the application the following day, that same day i received another generic email saying i was not being moved on. I sent an email to the hiring manager to clarify if i was going to move on or not. Haven't received an email from her at all, not professional at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      How do you handle employee conflicts.   Answer Question

Buyer/Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. On-site interview with local area managers all of which were one-on-one however meeting with 5 different people. 2nd interview with another departmental leader over the phone.
    Most interviews were very free flowing and less formal overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging experience.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Explain your (relevant skills to this job).   Answer Question

Finance SLP Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

Pretty much an average interview. All of the questions were behavioral, no technical questions were asked. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. None of the questions were difficult or surprising.

SLP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Britain, CT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (New Britain, CT (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process was primarily remote via their video conference network. I spoke with several of the leaders that ran the program at different times. They were very accommodating of my school schedule and worked with me to schedule times that worked for me.

Interview Questions

• The main questions were based on my personal experience that I had on my resume such as what I did during a leadership position I held.   1 Answer

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Britain, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (New Britain, CT (US)).

Interview

3 interviews with two directors, and a finance directors and CPO. Each interview was about 30 minutes where I ran through my experience and listened to their description of the position. It was a typical interview session, but the role ended up being the different than as described in terms of categories supported.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a challenging project   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.