State Farm Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at State Farm

2,074 Interview Reviews

2.6

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

This interview process was at a job fair type event and was fairly typical for those environments. Applicants were brought into private rooms to discuss with 1-2 interviewers. My experience was with an HR rep and the team leader.

Overall the questions asked during the interview were quite standard. The second half of the interview however turned into more or a conversation and it ended with me asking questions about general culture and team logistics.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Process involved 2 different interviews, first was video recordings via HireVue based on competencies( i.e. talk about your latest work experience and how you overcame X). Second interview involved a phonecall with three technical managers, that started similarly to the first interview, switched to technical questions on Java/Javascript, then ended with my questions for them.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between well-formed and valid XML?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Richardson, TX (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Behavioral phone interview and then an on-site technical interview . The on-site interview involved basic Java and Software related questions and 1 basic coding problem. There were 3 people and myself in a conference room and the whole interview process less than an hour.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between using ArrayList list = new ArrayList() vs List list = new ArrayList();   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

They called and set up an interview. I had a great interview. They mostly asked question about personality. They were never judgmental and always made me feel comfortable.The interview person was very understanding.some times i had to ask to repeat the question.He was very polite in repeating the question.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Plano, TX (US)).

Interview

First there was a phone interview with 2 people, 1 was HR to analyze your personality and the other was an engineer to see if I had the basics down. Then I was brought to their state of the art facility for a 2 hour interview. It was very technical. 3 people, 1 was a manager, 1 was an engineer, and 1 was HR. First they ask you about your background and previous projects, then some technical questions. Object oriented questions, data structures, linked list, etc. It's easy if you have the OO fundamentals 100% understood.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Arlington, TX (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview took place in my college .There were no technical questions in first round of interview.All those type of question like have you ever experienced a situation in which..?It was about 45 minutes interview.The interviewers were very friendly.Panel includes one technical person and one HR person .

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced a situation in which you experienced conflict in group?   Answer Question

Learning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received an email "confirming my Skype interview". The interview was with 2 managers in different parts of the country. I received the rejection letter the very next day:(

Interview Questions

• Can I perform the job with reasonable accomodation?   Answer Question
    • How do I stay abreast of new technology?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when I had to make a decision that didn't go well. What was the situation and the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

First and final round on-site with State Farm. A panel of 3 people who ask questions, 60% behavioral and 30% technical. Good experience with good people, they provide feedback if you are stuck.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a typical behavioral interview process. Mostly getting to know me or asking me how I dealt with stress or failure. There was no technical part of the interview, or at least the first part.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you experienced failure and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied at a school fair and got an in-person interview the following week. Nothing too difficult, just standard interview questions. There were no technical questions or coding problems mainly wanted to see your personality and if you would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had a struggle in a group project   Answer Question