Stryker Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 29 Aug 2018

3.5

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sale Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Tulsa, OK (US)).

Interview

Let me begin by stating I was at US Cellular and Stryker was just beginning to realize that true talent came in many forms. I'm not sure what you would call mine but I've heard a good closer. Came natural since my Mom was overprotective.

Interview Questions

• It is after the initial interview where they measure your passion and enthusiasm... Its called the SR1 test (basically ur 2nd interview) All you need to do is answer the q's the way you would if you were on your A game in a perfect world where the Alpha always won. I faked it but quickly became it when I started and if you have the ability to adapt you can to.... BTW- My sales manager was the best thing that happened to me in my LIFE. It is that awesome of a life experience... Thanks JG, Love you like a father. Peace   1 Answer
  • Listen.... life is short so don't over analyze a interview or you walk in looking like you just saw a ghost. We all had mothers who put us in time out or worse... its just 2 people talking. The more natural and honest you act coupled w/ passion and enthusiasm the better your chances.... peace.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate..... I was on a pay phone when I got the call driving to a OU/OSU game and fell down on the ice twice jumping up and down like I won the lottery.

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker (Tampa, FL (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

We met in a local coffee shop and the interview lasted about 45 minutes. I was asked lots of behavioral types of questions such as well as "Tell me your three biggest accomplishments" and also questions like..."Define Professionalism" and "Who is your Hero"? He also asked alot of questions regarding work ethic like " Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for your client" and he also asked me about my current hours trying to find out if I was cut out for 70 hours a week.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called by their recruiter and did a 20 minute phone interview. She said they were setting up in person interviews in a couple weeks and she thought I would make it. I followed up a couple times and got the interview. I interviewed with the regional mgr and his colleague. I didn't feel I did great and ended up not being asked to move on.

Interview Questions

• What was the first time you ever persuaded somebody to do something?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Ambiguous and unprofessional process.

Management was unprofessional.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stryker (Orlando, FL (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was simple. You meet with the Regional Manager to discuss your personality and resume. When you move on to the next round, Stryker uses the Gallup Interview process, which is done over the phone. It's monitored by a third party. The interviewer can only ask the questions, and cannot reword it, give hints, or help explain. It's very non personal, which makes it difficult to gauge how well you're doing. The best piece of advice is to answer with your gut, and don't look back. Don't answer with simply a "yes" or "no." It's frustrating because you want to sell yourself over the phone, but Stryker does not hear your answers. They simply read what the interviewer dictates.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

I first contacted the sales recruiter for my district. After they were quick to contact me back, we exchange e-mails and phones calls. First process was the Gallup phone interview, a character analysis and then a ride alone interview with the manager for the district.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the whole process was the whole Gallup interview process. This was a very difficult and taxing interview, much more complicated than you would think.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stryker (Tuscaloosa, AL (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

I had one interview, set up through some connections I had developed on my college athletic team. I was offered a job the next day, but I already had a better offer on the table elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• I can remember being asked a series of interpersonal situation type questions   Answer Question

I had a better offer.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Interview

Some of the interview questions they asked me were so off the wall stupid that it made me not want to work for them! They did ask some situational questions that pertained to the position. What motivates you? How do you feel about working a commissioned position? What career accomplishment are you most proud of?

Interview Questions

• What would you rather sell a john deer tractor or a Mercedes?
      Give me one word that described you as a child?
      What kind of animal would you be?
      What activities were you involved with in high school?
      What was your accomplishment in high school?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The interview process was three interviews long. You can do trauma or recon. You work about the same amount of hours but with recon you don't have to be on call. You have to take a test and if you don't pass you won't get invited to the third interview.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stryker (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Long process with many steps. Ph, face to face, personality tests, convention floor 'sniff tests' with a group decision to be made. Stay hungry for the position for best chance of success.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard. Some local/regional flexibility

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.