Suncor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Suncor Interview Questions

Interviews at Suncor

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

All hiring was done through the career website portal, however, there were contacts within the company that were avaliable to help (especially to get resumes to them close to the interview process. Interviewers were very nice (panel of 3) and came to our school to interview. The interview started with them talking about themselves, which was interesting, and was relatively informal to start. Questions began with general ones related to resume and moved to others related to the culture of the workplace (these really showed the focus of the company).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince someone to do something without relying on a position of power (i.e. as a supervisor), including how you did it and what the result was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very supporting HR who tried to accomodate as much as possible.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor in March 2019.

Interview

I applied in January and was contacted to complete a HireVue interview online. I had time to practice and get myself accustomed to the HireVue process before starting the interview.

Interview Questions

• Discuss your background from your most recent role.   Answer Question
    • Discuss a work-related conflict you once had. What happened and what was the outcome? What did that tell you about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time you had to gather information to complete a project.   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time you had to complete a task where you were short for time.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

Full day of interviews with multiple people from various disciplines.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Inflexible.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Beware of intern scam. Never hand out your info if you are uncomfortable. I found job on internships.com they will promise you wonderful pay and great hours. But really think on what they are promising. If you are just starting out do you really think you are going to make $25 an hour?

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Suncor (Denver, CO (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I had 3 phone / video interviews over a 2 month period and was told the onsite interview (last step) was a formality and an offer would be given if the interview went well. I took 3 days off from my current job to travel to Denver only to find out the onsite interview was really not the final piece of the process. The hiring manager still needed to to get clearance to make an offer. I ultimately withdrew from consideration. Very disorganized company with no regard or respect for others who are currently working. Would never consider this employer again.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

Digital interview process - completed on the computer about a week ago. It was a little nerve wrecking but not so bad at the end! I didn’t mind it. They basically asked the HR questions there. I had 11 questions total. 5 were video answering questions. More job specific questions than HR.

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce City, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor (Commerce City, CO (US)).

Interview

I received an email that I needed to do a recorded online video interview. Followed by in person interview. Was then asked to do a hair follicle test, background check and two physicals. Had no issues with the interview process at all.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was a three step process. This included interviews with the supervisor, personnel from the business unit for support as well as the SCM manager. After interviewing, I was contacted a few days later and presented with an offer letter. The offer letter was contingent upon my passing a drug test.

Interview Questions

• If you and your boss had a disagreement about how to do or implement something, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time, I did not feel as though I should negotiate given they had other candidates willing to accept the position.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor (Denver, CO (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

The process took 2+ months. Took about a month to hear back from them post interview. I was interviewed on campus by 2 people from the process department, each person asked about 4 questions. Felt very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you see someone doing something unsafe, what action did you take?   Answer Question

Pipefitter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Video style interview where they had a pre recorded questions and you have 3 minutes of time to submit your answer. It’s nice because you don’t have to travel or take time off of work to complete the interview process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.