Superdrug Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 24 Apr 2018

2.5

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Basingstoke, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Superdrug (Basingstoke, England) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day to book an interview. The interview was booked for 2 days later from this call at 2 PM. When I went in for the interview, I was taken to the staff room to wait to be called in for my interview. I did not get called in until 2.20. The interview lasted roughly 30 minutes. The store manager was very friendly and comforted me, as well as asked the questions in a professional yet friendly way. After the interview, I had received an email the next day which asked me to call them back to book an induction.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Superdrug

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England).

Interview

I got interviewed at the store by the manager. The manager was nice and helpful, made it easier for me. They asked the usual questions any employer would ask. From "why do you want to work here" to "how would you be an asset to the team"

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you experienced bad customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Accrington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug (Accrington, England) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was split into two parts, the first half I was taken into the back of the store and ask a series of questions, it felt more like a formal conversation. The woman was really friendly and the interview was relaxed. The second half I was given the stores star buy item (this happened to be a perfume) and I had to go round the store and stand at the entrance and offer samples to try and get customers to buy it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used your common sense   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you worked as a team. What were the advantages and disadvantages? What did you enjoy most about it?   Answer Question
    • What products would you try and sell to a customer if they were interested in buying:
      Fake tan
      Toothpaste   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had bad customer service. Did you go back to the shop? What would you do differently if it was you?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call a few days later to invite me to an interview. Interview was ok, was greeted in store and then taken to the staff room to confirm some details about me and my right to work. Was then taken to the shop floor and shown around by a member of staff and told how the shop works. Then I was asked to approach some customers and ask if they wanted any help and tried to help them the best I could with my knowledge. Then went back to the staff room to do a 1 on 1 interview. Questions were easy and what I had expected with a few specific ones. Negative experience because after the interview I never heard from them again. Would have been nice of them to phone or email to say that I didn't get the job.

Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

Very easy interview. Interviewers were very friendly made my feel relaxed. There was a number of set questions. There also was a shopfloor exercise where i noted down observations within the store. The whole interview took about 20-30 mins. I applied online and heard back for interview about 3-4 weeks after I had applied online.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

During the interview I was made to feel so comfortable and welcome by all staff members. The manager interviewing me ran through the process of the interview with me, she made the interview feel more like a conversation than just me and wrong questions. I was then taken on the shop floor for 10-15 minutes where I was told to approach customers and help them with anything needed. I had originally applied for a customer service job, so I would be on the tills all day and that would be my whole job, the next day I received a phone call and was told that their was a beauty consultant job on the cosmetics isle which was available, but they had not started interviewing for it yet. Long story short, I was offered this job also and accepted! 😊

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a reply for an interview a few weeks later, the interview was very relaxed with the two interviews being really nice just going over my cv and asking competency based questions, got a call about a week later with job offer.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was buying toothpaste what complementary item would you suggest them to buy along with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug (Norwich, England).

Interview

Applied online then invited for interview roughly 3 days later. Firstly I had to approach customers on shop floor and sell perfume samples and then the manager asked me multiple interview questions. Was called the next day and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Manager was quite pushy about wanting me to do overtime.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barnsley, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Superdrug (Barnsley, Yorkshire and the Humber, England) in November 2016.

Interview

I was emailed about a job interview after I applied a month and a half earlier. I wasn't able to book and interview and contacted customer service but I was given no help.Went to have my interview at the start of November and I'm still waiting 3 and a half weeks later to be contacted.

Interview Questions

• What product would you recommend to a customer buying fake tan/electric toothbrush?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug (Birmingham, England) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was really relaxed and friendly, they gave you information on what they were looking for in their candidates which was very useful. It felt almost like having a conversation! Also with this store it also depends on the location you choose to apply for because high street branches won't be as busy as those in major shopping centres. You will be asked a series of questions that seem to com straight out a textbook and depending on your store may be asked to do an on job evaluation...

Interview Questions

• Name a time you experienced bad customer service?

Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.