Superdrug Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 5 Nov 2017

2.5

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England).

Interview

I got interviewed at the store by the manager. The manager was nice and helpful, made it easier for me. They asked the usual questions any employer would ask. From "why do you want to work here" to "how would you be an asset to the team"

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you experienced bad customer service   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Superdrug

Anonymous Employee in Accrington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug (Accrington, England) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was split into two parts, the first half I was taken into the back of the store and ask a series of questions, it felt more like a formal conversation. The woman was really friendly and the interview was relaxed. The second half I was given the stores star buy item (this happened to be a perfume) and I had to go round the store and stand at the entrance and offer samples to try and get customers to buy it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used your common sense   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you worked as a team. What were the advantages and disadvantages? What did you enjoy most about it?   Answer Question
    • What products would you try and sell to a customer if they were interested in buying:
      Fake tan
      Toothpaste   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had bad customer service. Did you go back to the shop? What would you do differently if it was you?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call a few days later to invite me to an interview. Interview was ok, was greeted in store and then taken to the staff room to confirm some details about me and my right to work. Was then taken to the shop floor and shown around by a member of staff and told how the shop works. Then I was asked to approach some customers and ask if they wanted any help and tried to help them the best I could with my knowledge. Then went back to the staff room to do a 1 on 1 interview. Questions were easy and what I had expected with a few specific ones. Negative experience because after the interview I never heard from them again. Would have been nice of them to phone or email to say that I didn't get the job.

Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

Very easy interview. Interviewers were very friendly made my feel relaxed. There was a number of set questions. There also was a shopfloor exercise where i noted down observations within the store. The whole interview took about 20-30 mins. I applied online and heard back for interview about 3-4 weeks after I had applied online.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

During the interview I was made to feel so comfortable and welcome by all staff members. The manager interviewing me ran through the process of the interview with me, she made the interview feel more like a conversation than just me and wrong questions. I was then taken on the shop floor for 10-15 minutes where I was told to approach customers and help them with anything needed. I had originally applied for a customer service job, so I would be on the tills all day and that would be my whole job, the next day I received a phone call and was told that their was a beauty consultant job on the cosmetics isle which was available, but they had not started interviewing for it yet. Long story short, I was offered this job also and accepted! 😊

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug (Norwich, England).

Interview

Applied online then invited for interview roughly 3 days later. Firstly I had to approach customers on shop floor and sell perfume samples and then the manager asked me multiple interview questions. Was called the next day and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Manager was quite pushy about wanting me to do overtime.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barnsley, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Superdrug (Barnsley, Yorkshire and the Humber, England) in November 2016.

Interview

I was emailed about a job interview after I applied a month and a half earlier. I wasn't able to book and interview and contacted customer service but I was given no help.Went to have my interview at the start of November and I'm still waiting 3 and a half weeks later to be contacted.

Interview Questions

• What product would you recommend to a customer buying fake tan/electric toothbrush?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug (Birmingham, England) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was really relaxed and friendly, they gave you information on what they were looking for in their candidates which was very useful. It felt almost like having a conversation! Also with this store it also depends on the location you choose to apply for because high street branches won't be as busy as those in major shopping centres. You will be asked a series of questions that seem to com straight out a textbook and depending on your store may be asked to do an on job evaluation...

Interview Questions

• Name a time you experienced bad customer service?

Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to instore interview. The interviewer was the manager and he was very friendly. The interview process was quite relaxed. I was first asked to go to the shop floor to give out beauty card and talk to customers and other sales advisors. This followed by an one to one interview. Basically just a list of question you need to answer and all are quite straightforward, which are competency-based.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Superdrug.
      Tell me your work history
      What do you think is good customer service.
      Tell me a time when you experienced bad customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug.

Interview

After seeing a vacancy notice in the store window, I handed in a CV to a member of staff in-store. A few days later I received a call asking me to come into the store again for an interview. The interview was pretty standard - the manager who had called me asked me some questions for about 15-20 minutes. All of them sounded like they had been picked right out of an HR textbook and she had a printed sheet in front of her that she was going through that seemed to be the standard interview procedure - no curveballs or any questions that would be really unusual for an entry level retail job. After this brief interview she took me onto the shop floor and paired me with a member of staff who was working on the tills. I was asked to work alongside them, calling customers to the till, asking them if they wanted a bag etc., if they had a points card, and seeing if they were interested in any of the products on special offer that day. This wasn't too difficult (especially if you've worked in retail before), and luckily the member of staff I was paired with was really sweet and relayed some positive feedback when the manager asked him how I had done. After this I was taken back and told by the manager that she would be in touch with an answer by a specified day which I really appreciated. Sure enough I was contacted on that day and offered the job, and asked to attend a training day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have went over and above to provide excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself in 5 words?   Answer Question
    • Have you had experience working on a busy shop floor before?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.