Superdrug Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 3 Sep 2018

2.5

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug (Luton, East of England, England) in April 2016.

Interview

The manager explained the process which was a 10min activity on the shopfloor then he interviewed me. On the shopfloor I was given a perfume and I had to try your sell it to customers while he observed. It wasn't about how much you sell but your interaction with customers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Superdrug

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Superdrug (Manchester City Centre, England) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online for the manchester arndale store. On the same day about 2/3 hours later got a call from the store asking me to come for a interview in 3 days time. Got to the store, and a colleague took me to the back room were I waited about 10 mins before I met the assistant manager. She explained briefly that the interview will involve a shopfloor assessment then interview questions.

Firstly, for the shopfloor exercise I could choose one of the following options:
    - Hand out fragrance testers near the door and try to make a sale
    - Hand out baskets to customers when they enter the store or...
    - Promote their loyalty card and try to make customers sign up

I choose the first option. Was on the shopfloor for about 15- 20 mins, talked to some customers as well as workers on the fragrance counter about the job role.

Then the assistant manager took me back to the office for the interview questions. During most of that period she was standing, leaning on her side rather than face to face, not actually paying attention to anything I was saying. I could tell instantly that she was not remotely interested in what i had to say nor wanted to conduct the interview by her bored expression and body language.

At one point, I could see she filled in a box I answered for a question and continued pretending that she was still writing my answer though I could see the pen wasn't even touching the paper.

At this stage, I have other interviews planned with other companies. Superdrug are last on my list if they gave me an offer purely because of the negative experience of this interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've gone above and beyond for a friend, a customer..etc?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you think are important to working at Superdrug?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you received outstanding customer experience?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you've shown initiative?   Answer Question
    • Name 5 words that describe you?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug.

Interview

I applied online and within three days I got a phone call from the store manager saying that they would like me for an interview and if I could wear all black. At my interview I had the manager and the assistant manger conducting it but they were both lovely and very friendly. It started with a shop floor exercise where I had perfume testers that I had to give to customers, this was to see how I interact with customers. Then there was a more formal interview with questions about customer service and how the store could save money. Finally it ended with them asking me my availability and what hours I was looking for. The manager told me that she would phone me that day and two hours later she rang to tell me that I have the job. It was one of the best interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a product to a customer?   1 Answer
    • What was the best customer service you've ever had?   Answer Question
    • How could the store save money?   1 Answer

Superdrug Response

24 Mar 2016 – Senior Resourcing Manager

Thank you for leaving a review regarding our interview process. I am delighted to hear that not only did you have a good experience at interview, but also you are now working with us... More

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Superdrug (Norwich, England) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then was asked to do an online assessment, they came back the next day saying I had passed and that someone will get in contact soon, a few days later i got a call from the Assistant Manager of the store and was invited to an interview a couple of days later.

I showed up early to scope around and get my bearings as i knew there was going to be a shop floor part of the interview (I had been there before, but just to get more familiar with things) I was spotted by the Beauty Consultant there and she asked if I was here for the interview (I wasn't as conspicuous as I had hoped! lol) and she took me to get signed in and showed me the stock room and then took me to the staff room to wait for the Assistant Manager, so I was there for a few minutes, and then the BC came back in and said she's running a little behind so we started the practical part first, I had to go around the store and talk to as many people as possible about the 'Star Buy' offer in store and had to offer it to them (I don't think it was about getting people to take it, but just so they can see how you interact with people, don't feel too pressured to sell! Just be friendly/chatty!) And then after 10 minutes I met the AM and she watched me a little bit (from a distance) and after 5 minutes she took me to the staff room for the interview, the BC came with us and sat in because I was applying for a beauty role.

The interview started with a few personal questions and she went through the job position and how the interview will be structured, so we did the personal part (nothing hard, just general background and qualifications/interests etc) and then there were questions more about the business side of things, such as a time where I received good customer service/when did i give good customer service, how can the company save money (I said being vigilant about shoplifting/turning electronic things off when not in use/cutting hours) and how I keep up with the latest trends (I said social media) ALWAYS elaborate and be chatty, don't just give mechanical rehearsed replies, we had a chat between us about makeup and it was really fun, I came away feeling really positive and it was the most fun I've ever had at an interview!

Interview Questions

• How can the company save money?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Superdrug.

Interview

I had an over the phone interview about a week after I applied then they rang back a few days later asking me to come in to the store for an interview. They first asked me to hand out perfume samples to customers (she asked which perfume i'd be most comfortable selling) which was pretty easy but also asked me to introduce myself and make friendly conversation with the staff on the floor. This was difficult seeing as most of the staff were busy and on tills and the conversation I had was awkward and forced as the person interviewing me was listening in. Then we went to a small back room and she asked me a load of typical interview questions which were ok to answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you help the store save money?   1 Answer
    • How would your friends describe you in 5 words   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you went above and beyond for a friend   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug (Cambridge, East of England, England) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very tedious and they asked questions that were completely irrelevant for a Saturday sales advisor, like how their overall turnover would affect me personally et cetera. Not very helpful.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online. One hour after I did the test on the application, had a call from manager who wanted me to come in for an interview. Went in for interview, sat down with manager. She was extremely friendly and welcoming, it really put me at ease. Discussed what type of hours I was looking for etc and asked me the basic questions. After that, I went home. It was a really short interview and a great one.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug.

Interview

After seeing a vacancy notice in the store window, I handed in a CV to a member of staff in-store. A few days later I received a call asking me to come into the store again for an interview. The interview was pretty standard - the manager who had called me asked me some questions for about 15-20 minutes. All of them sounded like they had been picked right out of an HR textbook and she had a printed sheet in front of her that she was going through that seemed to be the standard interview procedure - no curveballs or any questions that would be really unusual for an entry level retail job. After this brief interview she took me onto the shop floor and paired me with a member of staff who was working on the tills. I was asked to work alongside them, calling customers to the till, asking them if they wanted a bag etc., if they had a points card, and seeing if they were interested in any of the products on special offer that day. This wasn't too difficult (especially if you've worked in retail before), and luckily the member of staff I was paired with was really sweet and relayed some positive feedback when the manager asked him how I had done. After this I was taken back and told by the manager that she would be in touch with an answer by a specified day which I really appreciated. Sure enough I was contacted on that day and offered the job, and asked to attend a training day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have went over and above to provide excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself in 5 words?   Answer Question
    • Have you had experience working on a busy shop floor before?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug.

Interview

I applied online which was relatively easy and within a day I had an email inviting me to an interview the next weekend. I booked my slot and was told to wear black clothes so I wore a black pencil skirt, tights, a black blouse and some flat back shoes with natural makeup. I arrived to the interview, the manager sat me in the staffroom for ten minutes then called me into her office where she explained the process, super friendly and told me I will be doing a quick shop floor activity to settle my nerves a little so she gave me a clipboard with paper and a pen and told me to walk around, write anything down that I liked/disliked about the store and talk to some staff and find out about them so I made sure I wrote quite a lot down and made a good impression to all the staff i spoke to. She then took me back down to the office for around 10-20 minutes where she asked me the interview questions, explained the hours and asked me about the hours I could do and asked a few things about my CV then told me she would be in touch. About 2-4 hours later, I received a phone call telling me I had got the job :)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer
    • How could the company save money?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you:
      -worked in a team
      -experienced excellent customer service
      -went the extra mile in work, school or home   Answer Question
    • 5 words to describe you and how would your friends describe you   Answer Question
    • How would you sell a product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Superdrug (Reading, England) in January 2016.

Interview

Good was easy as I don't have much experience with retail. Easy questions easy interview nice person interviewing me made me feel really comfortable an at ease the interview lasted an hour shop floor exercise on till serving customer then about 15 questions where asked so honestly the easiest one o have ever had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't any

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.