Superdry Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Superdry Interview Questions

Updated 24 Oct 2017

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very relaxed and laid back. They are looking for friendly and personable people and are not formal by any means. Don't go in anxious and uptight, but don't make it seem like you don't care. Its retail after all.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Superdry (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Very simple, straightforward questions regarding experience, personal style, and a simulated retail purchase. Had first meeting with the manager and another retail sales associate. After that went well, I met with both assistant managers in the following days. Had a similar, casual interview based on personality and handling customers. Later that afternoon, I received a phone call offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a troublesome customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Superdry (New York, NY (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

fun interview, very friendly group interactive. They treat you as a potential co-worker, and many easy test to get a feel for your personality. to sum it up a very casual interview overall.

Interview Questions

• how would you recommend something to a customer without hard selling?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Superdry in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a email from one of the managers that weekend. I was called into a group interview at the flagship store in NYC on 42nd street. The interview was in the company break room and it was lead by a man named Chris who was in from London. They asked us to get to know each other. We were given 5 mins to get to know the person next to us, and we had to draw out their interests then present it to the group. After they gave us a quick history of superdry. After the emphasized that they dont do commercials, so they told us to make one up, and they put us in groups of 5. Chris will be looking in on groups to see who is participating so make sure you DRAG the conversation long enough that they can hear you giving and also receiving ideas.
    After we presented our group idea, they took you by threes (one with each manager) and asked you three simple questions relevant to the job. They stressed making this a very simple and laid back process, so go in there with a positive outlook.

Interview Questions

• In the order from one to three, one being the most important, three being the least important, how should you prioritize work in the store. The options were Safety, Customer service, and Employee Interaction.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Superdry (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied in person and got a call back after 2 days. Had an interview with the District Manager After 2 weeks had another interview with a Store Manager. It took a while for them to get back to me with an offer but I accepted. the company was doing some major changes the time I had my interviews.

Interview Questions

• Regular questions nothing out of the ordinary. Just be yourself and have a conversation with them.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Superdry (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Met with someone who asked me questions about style and my history. Then we discussed how we lead our teams and their cultures. Also asked about why I was looking for a new job.

Interview Questions

• Describe your personal style?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Superdry (New York, NY (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

it was a very fun and interesting interview. each and everyone in my team got hired and we started working in a few days. the managers were very jovial and was really interested in what we all had to say.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about superdry   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Superdry (New York, NY (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Walkin
    Presented Resume
    Call for interview

Christmas Casual Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdry.

Interview

Group assessment and then one-on-one interview.

ice-breaking, two scenarios analysis for group interview. There are around 50-60 candidates split into 7-8 tables.

After group interview, wait till a HR calls your name, individual interview starts.

Seasonal Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Superdry (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they called and did a quick phone interview, asking me why I want to work at Superdry, if i'm going anywhere during the holidays, and what good customer service means to me. I was then invited to do a group interview in the Southbank.

The group interview wasn't just for Superdry, but for the Brand Collective company, which includes Hush Puppies, Final Days, etc. So all up there were around 85 people, and we were placed on round tables with about 6-7 people. We all had a to wear a little sticker with our name and the store and store location, and there wasn't a system on which table we sat at, we were just randomly placed on a table.

They started off by talking about Brand Collective, and it's history and why it's good to work there, and then we did a couple of group activities.

The first group activity was more of an ice breaker, where you just ask the person next to you a couple of questions 'if you had a movie about your life, who would play you', and one person per table were asked to introduce their partner.

The next activity, we were asked to write a thank you letter to one of the Brand Collective companies, and write in the shoes of a satisfied customer, and talk about your experience in the store and how you felt and why your experience was good and stuff. Apparently the point is to see what we see as good customer service.

The last exercise, we were given 2 of the 5 W's + H (who what when where why, how), and we had a write a list of questions starting with that word, as a way to start a conversation with a customer (e.g. How's the traffic outside?). So they talked about the importance of converting the 'just looking' customers to actual buying customers. We had a short 10 minute break in between all this as well.

Then we went into one-on-one interviews, where everyone hung around the foyer of the place, and there were about 10 interviewers who randomly called in people for interview. After we were interviewed we were allowed to leave. The interviewers were store mangers from different Brand Collective stores, but we the interviewers weren't even corresponding with the store that we were applying for.

The one on one interview was pretty simple. They asked to give multiple forms of ID (passport/birth certificate, and licence or credit card), and a copy of our CV. For me, they barely looked at my CV and ID, and kinda just glanced it and ticked a box. They asked about my availability, if i can lift heavy things, why I want to work at the store and if i'm willing to work at other stores if there are spots available. They also asked if I had any questions for them, and I asked what they're actually looking for when doing these interviews, and they just said someone that's friendly, confident and enthusiastic, but also talked about how they want diversity in the personalities of their staff.

They said it takes two weeks for them to email/call us to let us know if we got the job, so i'm still waiting (its been less than a week)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Superdry?
      What does good customer service mean to you?
      What are your strengths that you can bring to Superdry?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.