Swinton Insurance Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Swinton Insurance

2.1

Featured Interview

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance.

Interview

Description of the role, discussion around previous experience. Quick maths test involving basic sums, percentages etc. Some competency based questions to test knowledge learnt in previous roles, application form to fill in, and a maths test to complete.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have gone above and beyond normal duties for a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Swinton Insurance

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Manchester, England) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial telephone interview/ informal chat with HR person. Very laid back and straight forward followed by face to face interview with floor manager. Competency based questions and role-play sales call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for swinton (who would)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Manchester, England) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online after seeing the job on their careers site - got an email straight away and the recruitment team kept in touch all the way through the process. They telephone interviewed me first and then I went inot the call centre for an interview with one of the team managers - some questions were really easy but others were more difficult but the team manager who interviewed me was great and gave me time to think and even asked if I wanted to skip a quesiton and come back to it. They gave me a tour fo the office and made me feel really welcome.
    I got a call the next day whti my offer and then they emailed me all the relevant paperwork - it was so simple.

Interview Questions

• They asked if there was a time when I'd been asked to do something I didn't agree with   1 Answer

Negotiation

really easy - the salary was advertised and they made me an offer that was a little more than I was on already.

Anonymous Employee in Maidstone, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Maidstone, England) in March 2013.

Interview

Pleasant, Standard interview process, Quite rushed they weren't that prepared and were willing to let anyone through the door.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me £500 more than I asked for which was nice.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers whoa de me feel at ease straight away. They firstly asked me to describe my current work situation and was then asked a series of straightforward competency questions. Following this, they explained the role in more detail. I was then asked yes or no answer questions about criminal convictions etc. and that was that! They gave you the opportunity to pass on questions and gave you lots of time to think about your answers, and just gernally made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you've dealt with a customer complaint and how did you manage it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cannock, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Cannock, England) in June 2011.

Interview

Easy, they would hire monkeys as long as they speak English and could type. Not looking for individuals, only for people to conform. A few questions regarding experience and that was it

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about a customer unhappy with price   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (London, England) in June 2015.

Interview

Structured, well organised and friendly. Swinton is undergoing major positive changes following a dark patch in 2013. Following a telephone interview you attend a face to face. Interview was good, went through a little potted history of my CV. Then a selection of competency based questions. These should be answered using the STAR method. Its also a good idea to think about how you can talk about some previous answers to classic interview questions using STAR.

Swinton is as a non advised insurance firm. Understanding this concept and how to show you do understand it will really help. For example, "what in your view is the most important thing about customer service?" (Example answer), "Well as Swinton is a non advisory insurance firm we have to listen carefully to customers to present only the facts to service customers fairly and allow them to make the right choice". Believe me stuff like that will help and when you get the job you'll see why. Previous insurance experience is helpful but what they're really looking for is people type people who can sell softly.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.