Syncsort Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Syncsort Interview Questions

2.8

Sort:

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syncsort.

Interview

One day interview for a couple with hours going through 6-7 people (group leader, managers, director). Received an offer the same day from the recruiter. It was a pleasant experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. It was pretty relaxed since I came from a competitor so they knew I had the background already. It was more of a personality assessment.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodcliff Lake, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Syncsort (Woodcliff Lake, NJ (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

Full day interviews
    About 5-6 interviews. Each lasts for about an hour.
    They have been asking the Same questions for atleast the last 3 years
    They will cover full breadth of Computer Science. You will be expected to know most of the fundamental concepts of Computer Science like - OS, Indexing in Databases, Algorithms, Computer Architecture, finite automatas. Nothing will be too much in detail. They probably want to see if you know a bit of everything.

Interview Questions

• Use a TRIE to search a substring in a list of Strings - Don't remember exactly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but its worth a shot. I have heard they are not too staunch on their offer.

Anonymous Employee in Woodcliff Lake, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Syncsort (Woodcliff Lake, NJ (US)) in January 2007.

Interview

Interview process was cool, initially I had a phone interview then I visited their office in Woodcliff Lake for the interview and got the job offer after couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Describe the scenario when you were under tremendous pressure.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They won't give you a a chance to negotiate the salary.

Anonymous Employee in Woodcliff Lake, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syncsort (Woodcliff Lake, NJ (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

Two phone interviews then a Friday AM in-office interview. Interviewers included managers, architects, department VP, and a couple of coworkers who were working on the type of jobs that you are applying for. They were very nice people, and the interview even included a lunch interview session. Not really a technical interview but it may already change with new management this year.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome conflicts with coworkers?   Answer Question
    • Describe the architecture of the project that you had worked on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very smooth. They won't pay you like NYC but given their less-demanding work hours should be a good fit for folks who need work-life balance.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Syncsort (Woodcliff Lake, NJ (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

one on-campus and one on-site
    concept questions for on-campus interview
    different questions including both hardware and software for on-site( computer architecture, algorithms, OOP design)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Syncsort.

Interview

Applied from school, one on campus interview, one on-site interview. The latter one took one day long
    The whole process was well scheduled, and candidate will have lunch with employees. As others have already indicated, they asked many things during the interview, but none of them is too deep in theory.

Interview Questions

• How to handle data with two data sets using hadoop, given one is super huge and one is super small.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Syncsort in September 2013.

Interview

Take 2 to 3 weeks. Depends on how many competitive candidates are on the process simultaneously

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodcliff Lake, NJ (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Syncsort (Woodcliff Lake, NJ (US)) in January 2009.

Interview

An impressive number of interviewers preceded an offer letter. There were 2 phone interviews, one which was highly technical. Then having 6 in-person interviews with at least 3 oral technical quizzes. The process itself wasn't intimidating but the length of it was a surprise. Luckily, their decision came very quickly and an offer letter meeting my expectations was extended.

Interview Questions

• Please design a enterprise level storage system with redundancy, here's a piece of paper.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was very useful to have another offer outside Syncsort to be able to assist during negotiations. The offer was upped to meet my expectations.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodcliff Lake, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Syncsort (Woodcliff Lake, NJ (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

Phone then 2 face to face interviews.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syncsort (Burlington, MA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The process was semi-extensive, with an initial email from an in-house recruiter asking background questions on skill set, experience, etc. Multiple emails exchanged on these matters.

The 2nd phase was a phone call w/ the same recruiter, re-visiting my answers, and also asking a few new questions concerning accounts gained, and methodologies used in my past experience. This was followed up by another shorter phone call verifying (yet again( my skill set.

the 3rd phase was in in-person interview with the hiring manager that basically re-hashed all the past information discussed with the recruiter, and him telling me more about the company - as well as informing me there was "no doubt" I can perform the job well if hired.

At this point - I had spent a bit over 4 hours discussing the position, my experience, and how how well I would fit into the organization.

After leaving the in-person interview I sent a professional follow up note to the recruiter and hiring manager as well.

- And that was it. No response from either person, no follow up, not even a "thanks for taking the time".

It's 2018 now, there are many quick and easy ways to stay professional -email, text, phone call....and after all the time spent answering questions, discussing strategy, and speaking to key skill sets....nothing.

At the very least an organization that holds itself out to be upcoming, professional, and cutting edge could spend an additional five minutes to inform you of their decision - but obviously this organization doesn't.

I firmly believe the lack of professionalism and courtesy is a glimpse into the soul and core beliefs of a company - and the glimpse I've had of this company speak volumes.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.