Sytner Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sytner Interview Questions

Interviews at Sytner

2.7

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sytner in September 2020.

Interview

Very long process with multiple interviews. Did a video interview at first for 2 minutes and was then sent some basic tests to do. A few weeks later was contacted to do a phone interview which was pretty straight forward and then asked to do a Zoom interview. The interviewers were nice expect the head of business who had a very arrogant vibe about him. Was told i’d receive feedback in the middle of the week and didn’t which is disappointing as i was extremely excited at the thought of getting the job.

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sytner (London, England) in September 2020.

Interview

Great interviewer.
    Loads of good questions but they also give you loads of preparation for the interview which is brilliant.
    It was all regarding the job and compliance and how you would act as a manager.
    It was definitely a great interview itself.
    I am hoping I get a call back because the company has already represented itself as very professional

Interview Questions

• What do you expect of your sales execs   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sytner.

Interview

I was super excited when the role of a Sales Executive was advertised at my local BMW branch. Sytner Group are a company I have always wished to represent alongside some of the worlds best manufactures.

I registered my interest and was sent an application form. After numerous drafts I submitted my application.

Two days later, I received an email informing me of the next stage of the process, a CITNOW presentation. After over 100 takes I finally managed to record the ‘perfect’ presentation of my own car and submitted before the deadline.

The following day I received an email informing me to complete a numeracy and literacy test. I thought excellent looks like I may have passed the presentation as well and into the next stage.

Shorty after receiving the test email, I received another email informing me that I had been unsuccessful in my application. Confused and surprised I called the Sytner Group head office wishing to seek clarification as I had received two different response. I was told by the lady on the Friday somebody from HR would be call me back but unfortunately nobody did.

Monday afternoon and still no response or call back. I then called again and was put through a very rude lady and abrupt lady. Did not give me a chance to explain myself and closed me down with ‘ we are busy, somebody will call you ‘

The deadline to complete the tests was shown on the email for 8/9/2020. I did wonder why there was so much time but I did not waste and time and submitted straight away.

Having submitted the numeracy and literacy tests, I received a third email this time informing me that due to business needs the role is no longer being advertised and has been taken off.

Again, still waiting to hear back from Sytner Group to seek clarification, I called the Sytner head office again just wanting some clarification. Again I was told somebody would call me back.

A lot of time and effort was put into the application for the role of Sales Executive. To be informed of three different outcomes with no clarification has been a very unprofessional experience.

I just wanted an update regarding my application and to clarify what the final decision was.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a suitable fit for a Sales Executive   1 Answer

Sytner Response

13 Aug 2020 – Group recruitment and talent manager

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and applying to the BMW role. I would like the opportunity to look in to this further and would appreciate it if you can please provide me with a few more details such as your name and the dealership you had applied to . You can send the details directly to me at paulhudspith@sytner.co.uk.

Kind regards

Paul Hudspith
    Head of Central HR and Recruitment

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sytner.

Interview

quick, I applied online and got an email for the next step. after that completed a form and was asked for an interview. the interview was interesting, had good questions and the people were friendly

Interview Questions

• what would you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huddersfield, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sytner (Huddersfield, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Attended assessment day, very welcoming panel, in a state of the art facility. Expect to be put to the test and do your research, they don't give it away on a plate. They also like you to NOT try and second guess the process.
    Very enjoyable experience and professionally hosted to the highest standard.

Marketing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sytner (Bristol, England).

Interview

I attended the interview in December. The Interview lasted about 2-3 hours.

The interviewer claimed that he would let me know the decision. However one month later I still haven't had a response. A simple email is all that is required especially as the assessment day lasted 2-3 hours.

Just leaves a bad reflection on the company.

Human Resources and Recruitment Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sytner (Leicester, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Many stages that were very in depth to find the right person to fit the job role. There were different stages throughout the process which helped me develop my own interviewing skills as well as learning more about the company and what they had to offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions about you as a person and how you see yourself working for the brand.   Answer Question

Assistant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sytner (Maidenhead, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Very professional HR phone call to discuss the company and role, face to face interview with hiring manager and Dealership Accountant who were all very kind and welcoming.
    Very calm and nice interview process was nice to see all employees in the Maidenhead branch happy in their work and promoting Sytner as a very successful company.
    I haven't had my feedback for this role yet and if I was successful or not but I wanted to write this review as have been wanting to come and work for sytner for long time and progress my career within the automotive industry...
    If I am unfortantly not successful this time I hope in time I am able to come and join your team within the sytner family :).

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Sytner as an employee?
      Very fast paced role how will you be able to deal with this?
      Month end deadline important   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sytner (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Assessment day, really easy going with friendly managers. Had a group activity followed by some individuals tasks and then a small chat with the GM which was literally 5 minutes but was only general chat getting to know you rather than a full blown interview.

Customer Experience Advisor Interview

Interview

They did a telephone interview, a group interview that lasted 3+ hours including a face to face interview with the business manager and never disclosed the salary only for it to turn out to be a minimum wage receptionist job.

It was such a waste of time and if they had been honest at the start that they wanted someone who was willing to work every weekend, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve, bank holiday etc for minimum wage and it was never going to be anything more than that I wouldn’t have been so annoyed.

All it did was teach me a lesson not to apply to a job that dresses its roles up as something different to what it is in order to get a different calibre of candidates. Seriously I would never tell someone to apply for Sytner after this. I also thought it was interesting that all of the sales execs were male and any sale you would get as a customer experience advisor you had to pass on to the sales department so “the boys” (what everyone seemed to refer to the sales execs as) could get the commission and effectively earn 5x your minimum wage salary. Weird place, dodged a bullet by not taking that job.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with any celebrity who would it be?   1 Answer

Sytner Response

11 Oct 2019 – Sytner HR Team

Hi, firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time out to leave a review.

We are in the process of looking in to the concerns which have been flagged up in your comments. We work hard on providing a great experience for candidates, so I am sorry to hear you feel this has not been the case at your interview.

If you can please contact Nathan Ellinor, Divisional Head of Human Resources (BMW/MINI) on nathanellinor@sytner.co.uk in confidence, at your earliest convenience, to discuss this further. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.