T J Morris Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

T J Morris Interview Questions

Interviews at T J Morris

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Rotherham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T J Morris (Rotherham, England) in June 2020.

Interview

I had to wait and walk around the store for a bit. Then I was taken into the office. There was the store manager and the area manager, the area manager asked the questions and led the interview and the store manager took notes. The questions were exactly what I had prepared for after seeing what was on Glassdoor.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at T J Morris (Bristol, England) in February 2020.

Interview

My interview meant to be at 4 pm and (was about 3/4 weeks after I have applied). I was there 10 min earlier smart-formal dressed. I have been left walking in the shop for an hour and 20 min. (They were behind schedule). The area and new store manager were very stressed and tired.
    I have applied to that role because wanted to start a new career and couldn't apply for store manager position because it's reserved to internal staff only.
    I have almost 20 years of retail Management experiences, business management, team recruitment-training & developmet, Multisite experience, sales & customer service.
    But unfortunately wasn't enough to become assistant manager.
    the negative answer has arrived Just 3 weeks after the interview held by the "area manager".
    I have then asked for a feedback to understand what I could have improved, I was told that I was very well prepared ( I've also brought a company presentation), but the company opted for an internal candidate, ok fair enough "I have thought".
    So couple of days after, a supervisor position came out and I have decided to apply to that, after few hour was rejected by the system.
    Not even the chance of an interview?? Really??? Your recruitment process is absolutely a disaster, you shutted you doors twice to a manager with two decades of experience... Brexit? Don't know, but for sure wasn't a fair treat.
    Probably he has seen an hungry manager as a possible threat..

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for us?
      What will you bring to the company?
      Where do you see yourself in 2 years time?   Answer Question

Store Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blackpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T J Morris (Blackpool, England) in February 2020.

Interview

I arrived quite early so had a walk around the shop and then around 15 minutes before, I asked a member of staff where to go and they were unbelievably helpful. The manager found me after a few minutes and we went and spoke. The interview was fantastic and the interviewer was very understanding and helped throughout, whether this be rewording a question or guiding you.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Home Bargains?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brierley Hill, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T J Morris (Brierley Hill, England) in October 2019.

Interview

The area manager was really nice and made me feel comfortable. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and I had a call the same day to say I got the job

Class I Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T J Morris (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Only had an over the phone chat/interview and a driving assessment. I thought I was going for an interview and assessment however it was just an assessment which I thought was wrong as I hadn't spoken with anybody face to face. Passed the assessment but didn't get the job.

Sales Assistant (Home Bargains) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunfermline, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T J Morris (Dunfermline, Scotland) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online, was a minimum of a 7 day wait then was invited to a interview online, picked my own slot. When I got to the interview was asked to 'have a wander about the store and get my bearings for a few minutes.' I was then taken 20 minutes later. Manager seemed nice enough until she was making me feel uncomfortable, kept repeatedly mentioning & asking why I hadn't been in solid work since December 2018 when I had already told her the reasons. I was there to interview for a job in her store, focusing on the future not the past.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked honestly?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T J Morris (Cardiff, Wales) in September 2019.

Interview

i had to apply online application. I had a face to face interview . I also had to bring an application sent to us via email which was very straight forward.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T J Morris.

Interview

Was told interview would be about twenty minutes long, lasted nearly an hour but was made to feel welcome and comfortable during the whole process. Asked basic interview questions, asked about knowledge of company and its back story.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T J Morris in July 2019.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks to get an interview and over a week to get a reply. When I arrived the manager was in a meeting with other senior staff members and wasn't even told (by area manager) they had interviews, what time and how many.
    From the moment I entered I felt the manager didn't want new staff, they were just told he'd have to hire people. The interview itself was easy however the notes the manager took were very brief and not enough to give a fair representation, it almost felt like the manager wanted to see what you look like and then dismiss you.

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in St Helens, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T J Morris (St Helens, North West England, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Got a phone call the day after sending in my application. Had a 15 minute interview a few days after, standard questions. Manager said they would contact me over the weekend and did so. Offered the job over the phone 2 days later. 4 hours induction followed but mostly paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.