TOPdesk Interview Questions in Budapest | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at TOPdesk

2.9

Agile Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest (Hungary)) in September 2019.

Interview

There was a very long interview, with a lot of irrelevant questions. (One person from HR and one scrum master. ) At first, there is a completely unnecessary presentation about the company, with information that you can find on the website and on the company's facebook page anyway. Then there were a lot of questions about my previous studies, workplaces and my private life. There were also some logical exercises at the end. The conversation was very friendly, but that was very misleading...
    There were questions about what I studied 15-20 years ago (!) and why. They were a bit too nosy about my private life.
    As a woman over 35 in Hungary, I've been discriminated against several times before. This was also a just waste of time.

Interview Questions

• There were questions about what I was thinking about my future studies at the age of 18.   1 Answer

30 Sep 2019 – Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feelings.
    Yes, that is true we had questions about your hobbies, reasons for your chosen carrier path, related to the questions posed to you about your childhood. The reason behind this, as we explained during the interview as well, is that we wanted to get to know you better as a person and would like to understand your motivation.
    We did not ask your age since that is absolutely not relevant to us.
    At TOPdesk we are proud of the diversity of our colleagues!
    At the end of the interview there was an abstract thinking puzzle to work on together. As I explained in my e-mail, our decision was based on your performance during the exercise. The complexity of our software and the requirements for the position makes it necessary to have a high level of abstract thinking.
    Your exercise results did not reach our required company level, which is necessary, for this particular position.

We wish you the best with your career!

Szilvi
    TOPdesk Hungary
    HR & Recruitment Specialist

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest (Hungary)) in July 2018.

Interview

I'm not sure about the order of these:

* They sent an algorithm challenge I could work in my own time. They sent Java class with method skeleton and unit tests. They judge this on both correctness and style of the solution.
    * They invited me to solve a similar challenge in the office. Also, discussion about experience, personality, etc.
    * They invited me to discuss the design and style of a piece of (working) code -- that they also sent in advance, so there was prep time. Another talk about personality match.

Overall it was a VERY positive experience. However, if you seem not to be a cultural fit, they reserve the right to stop the process. So your experience may differ...

I got an offer but chose a different one and I regret it now :-(

Interview Questions

• During the code review session: discuss alternative solutions, design patterns, whatever comes up.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

pre interview coding task (only core Java required) , 2 rounds of problem solving and chatting. 1 more round for the offer. once the initial coding task was accepted it went pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself if you met someone at a bar?   Answer Question

8 Nov 2017 – Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

First I had a homework. After that without question they arranged a timeslot for me in the middle of the day. I told them the timeslot is not suitable for me and asked to have it from 8.00 any days. They said that it cannot be done beacuse they work from 9.00... after some weeks they invited me for 8.00 and after the
    whole 2 hours interview told me that they wanted a fullstack developer... I was very very disappointed !

Interview Questions

TOPdesk Response

8 Nov 2017 – Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We do our best to arrange the interviews as fast as possible with the most convenient timing both for the candidate and our collegaues as well. Some technical problems can slow down the process - like our letter lands in the candidate spam folder and we can not hear back from him, until we contact him again; or we are busy with conferences, events - in this case we always contact the candidate it would take a while to get back to them . We have a two hours long interview to make sure having enough time to get to know the candidate personally, to have as clear picture about the motivation as possible, make sure the candidate can have as much information about us as she/he would like to receive to be able to make the right decision from both side. Within this two hours there is enough time for a codeing case as well, which gives the opportunity for the candidate to show their knowledge in practice. If all elements fits we continue the process.

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest (Hungary)) in September 2016.

Interview

Scheduled a Skype interview, however no one called me for more than 40 minutes.
    After I wrote an e-mail - I got a response saying of some "technical issue" and a proposition to re-schedule.
    Next day got a letter saying someone has already been hired for that position.

21 Nov 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. The whole process took 4+ weeks due to the fact we were in the middle of the summer holiday period. Consequently we notified the applicant soon after the application about the fact the process may take longer than usual.
    Due to technical issues we were unable to carry out the Skype interview. Regrettably at the meanwhile we had technical issues with the e-mailing system as well therefor we could only contact the applicant after 40 minutes. We informed the applicant 4 days (weekend included) after the unsuccessful Skype interview that we had appointed an other candidate since we had more applicants for the same position within the same period. We regret this situation, sometimes there are technical issues we are unable to control.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest (Hungary)) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was highly standardized, pleasant and professional. Before the first interview, I was asked to share some pet projects and solve a homework assignment, that took me around four hours (it was a basic combinatorial game theory exercise in plain java, with textual input). Got a positive response a couple of days later, and got invited to the first round of interview.
    The first interview was mostly an HR interview with a senior developer and an HR person. It started with an introduction of the company and the product, followed by personal questions about my goals, preferences and history. There was also a small brainteaser that I had to solve in Eclipse.
    The second round was technical, with two senior developers. During the first short challenge I had to implement the service functionality for a UI component. Got some feedback on my coding style, and went on to the second exercise: a code review of a smaller project. It was both a communication exercise and a test for clean code principles and design patterns.
    The hole process was in English, from the homework exercise to the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process how you started on of your pet projects.   Answer Question

8 Nov 2017 – Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest (Hungary)) in February 2015.

Interview

After the first interview with the recruiter I got a coding problem.
    There was two face to face interview, I got coding problems on both of them.
    The main focus was on clean coding and previous experience, but they are watching your personal (human) values too.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you made big effect on your project or company (like they are using Scrum because of one employee)   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.