TOPdesk Interview Questions in Budapest (Hungary)

Updated May 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 70 interviews

Sales Engineer

158 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest) in Mar 2021

Interview

- 3 tasks on coderbyte, unlimited time - first interview: 2 hour long, company introduction, product demo, lot of behavioral questions about my past, live coding puzzle. fully in english, a senior developer and a PO was present. - would have been a 2nd interview if my 1st would have been successful. Asked for and received nice detailed feedback on why I was rejected. Overall I think company has good selection process, replies were in a timely fashion, interview well put together.

Interview Questions
  • What is my initial impression about the product? (of which they had a small demo for me on the interview)
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest) in Apr 2020

Interview

Overall really kind and positive company. First there was a programming exercise at home, then two in person interviews with 2-2 developers. First one also had a puzzle type programming exercise, other one an integration type.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Budapest

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest) in Mar 2020

Interview

Applied on own website after seeing ad on LinkedIn. HR responsible replied withing the promised 5 days and set up the first of what would be two rounds of interviews - they were conducted during the height of Covid-19 lockdowns, so both were on videocalls. Round 1: two interviewers, both working in organizational roles in the company, not technical (Scrum Master and HR). Questions mostly focused on personality fit, approach to work, teamwork, previous experience. This interview included two connected test tasks that required structured problem solving skills (structure dummy information between various tables in the most efficient and clear way). Round 2: two interviewers, one technical manager (with also +10 years of experience as a developer) and one manager from Product Management department. Heavy focus on how previous experience and knowledge can be applied to the company's current goals, challenges.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a previous situation when you had to align clearly conflicting interests. Please describe how you understood and solved the conflict. Focus especially on how you can manage dissenting opinions.

Anonymous Employee in Budapest

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest) in Oct 2019

Interview

Interview process took 2-3 weeks. The interviews were casual, a lot of introduction of the work experience and your character traits. Overall good interview experience with friendly team and relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest) in Sep 2019

Interview

There was a very long interview, with a lot of irrelevant questions. (One person from HR and one scrum master. ) At first, there is a completely unnecessary presentation about the company, with information that you can find on the website and on the company's facebook page anyway. Then there were a lot of questions about my previous studies, workplaces and my private life. There were also some logical exercises at the end. The conversation was very friendly, but that was very misleading... There were questions about what I studied 15-20 years ago (!) and why. They were a bit too nosy about my private life. As a woman over 35 in Hungary, I've been discriminated against several times before. This was also a just waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • There were questions about what I was thinking about my future studies at the age of 18.

Anonymous Employee in Budapest

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest) in Aug 2018

Interview

At first there was an interview/introductory call with a member of HR and another TOPdesk employee, they told me about the company and asked me some questions and had me do a logic puzzle. Then there was a second interview with a design challenge and questions by a designer and a lead in the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Budapest

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest) in Jul 2018

Interview

I'm not sure about the order of these: * They sent an algorithm challenge I could work in my own time. They sent Java class with method skeleton and unit tests. They judge this on both correctness and style of the solution. * They invited me to solve a similar challenge in the office. Also, discussion about experience, personality, etc. * They invited me to discuss the design and style of a piece of (working) code -- that they also sent in advance, so there was prep time. Another talk about personality match. Overall it was a VERY positive experience. However, if you seem not to be a cultural fit, they reserve the right to stop the process. So your experience may differ... I got an offer but chose a different one and I regret it now :-(

Interview Questions
  • During the code review session: discuss alternative solutions, design patterns, whatever comes up.

Anonymous Employee in Budapest

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest)

Interview

pre interview coding task (only core Java required) , 2 rounds of problem solving and chatting. 1 more round for the offer. once the initial coding task was accepted it went pretty quickly.

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe yourself if you met someone at a bar?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest)

Interview

First I had a homework. After that without question they arranged a timeslot for me in the middle of the day. I told them the timeslot is not suitable for me and asked to have it from 8.00 any days. They said that it cannot be done beacuse they work from 9.00... after some weeks they invited me for 8.00 and after the whole 2 hours interview told me that they wanted a fullstack developer... I was very very disappointed !

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest) in Sep 2016

Interview

Scheduled a Skype interview, however no one called me for more than 40 minutes. After I wrote an e-mail - I got a response saying of some "technical issue" and a proposition to re-schedule. Next day got a letter saying someone has already been hired for that position.

1 person found this interview helpful