TOPdesk Interview Questions in Budapest (Hungary)

Updated 27 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at TOPdesk

Recruitment Agency18%
HardAverageEasy
Found 11 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest) in Mar 2021

Interview

- 3 tasks on coderbyte, unlimited time - first interview: 2 hour long, company introduction, product demo, lot of behavioral questions about my past, live coding puzzle. fully in english, a senior developer and a PO was present. - would have been a 2nd interview if my 1st would have been successful. Asked for and received nice detailed feedback on why I was rejected. Overall I think company has good selection process, replies were in a timely fashion, interview well put together.

Interview Questions
  • What is my initial impression about the product? (of which they had a small demo for me on the interview)
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest) in Apr 2020

Interview

Overall really kind and positive company. First there was a programming exercise at home, then two in person interviews with 2-2 developers. First one also had a puzzle type programming exercise, other one an integration type.

Interview Questions
TOPdesk
Anonymous Employee in Budapest
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest) in Mar 2020

Interview

Applied on own website after seeing ad on LinkedIn. HR responsible replied withing the promised 5 days and set up the first of what would be two rounds of interviews - they were conducted during the height of Covid-19 lockdowns, so both were on videocalls. Round 1: two interviewers, both working in organizational roles in the company, not technical (Scrum Master and HR). Questions mostly focused on personality fit, approach to work, teamwork, previous experience. This interview included two connected test tasks that required structured problem solving skills (structure dummy information between various tables in the most efficient and clear way). Round 2: two interviewers, one technical manager (with also +10 years of experience as a developer) and one manager from Product Management department. Heavy focus on how previous experience and knowledge can be applied to the company's current goals, challenges.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a previous situation when you had to align clearly conflicting interests. Please describe how you understood and solved the conflict. Focus especially on how you can manage dissenting opinions.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest) in Sep 2019

Interview

There was a very long interview, with a lot of irrelevant questions. (One person from HR and one scrum master. ) At first, there is a completely unnecessary presentation about the company, with information that you can find on the website and on the company's facebook page anyway. Then there were a lot of questions about my previous studies, workplaces and my private life. There were also some logical exercises at the end. The conversation was very friendly, but that was very misleading... There were questions about what I studied 15-20 years ago (!) and why. They were a bit too nosy about my private life. As a woman over 35 in Hungary, I've been discriminated against several times before. This was also a just waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • There were questions about what I was thinking about my future studies at the age of 18.
Anonymous Employee in Budapest
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest) in Aug 2018

Interview

At first there was an interview/introductory call with a member of HR and another TOPdesk employee, they told me about the company and asked me some questions and had me do a logic puzzle. Then there was a second interview with a design challenge and questions by a designer and a lead in the company.

Interview Questions
TOPdesk
Anonymous Employee in Budapest
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest) in Jul 2018

Interview

I'm not sure about the order of these: * They sent an algorithm challenge I could work in my own time. They sent Java class with method skeleton and unit tests. They judge this on both correctness and style of the solution. * They invited me to solve a similar challenge in the office. Also, discussion about experience, personality, etc. * They invited me to discuss the design and style of a piece of (working) code -- that they also sent in advance, so there was prep time. Another talk about personality match. Overall it was a VERY positive experience. However, if you seem not to be a cultural fit, they reserve the right to stop the process. So your experience may differ... I got an offer but chose a different one and I regret it now :-(

Interview Questions
  • During the code review session: discuss alternative solutions, design patterns, whatever comes up.
Anonymous Employee in Budapest
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest)

Interview

pre interview coding task (only core Java required) , 2 rounds of problem solving and chatting. 1 more round for the offer. once the initial coding task was accepted it went pretty quickly.

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe yourself if you met someone at a bar?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest)

Interview

First I had a homework. After that without question they arranged a timeslot for me in the middle of the day. I told them the timeslot is not suitable for me and asked to have it from 8.00 any days. They said that it cannot be done beacuse they work from 9.00... after some weeks they invited me for 8.00 and after the whole 2 hours interview told me that they wanted a fullstack developer... I was very very disappointed !

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest) in Sep 2016

Interview

Scheduled a Skype interview, however no one called me for more than 40 minutes. After I wrote an e-mail - I got a response saying of some "technical issue" and a proposition to re-schedule. Next day got a letter saying someone has already been hired for that position.

Anonymous Employee in Budapest
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest) in Aug 2016

Interview

The process was highly standardized, pleasant and professional. Before the first interview, I was asked to share some pet projects and solve a homework assignment, that took me around four hours (it was a basic combinatorial game theory exercise in plain java, with textual input). Got a positive response a couple of days later, and got invited to the first round of interview. The first interview was mostly an HR interview with a senior developer and an HR person. It started with an introduction of the company and the product, followed by personal questions about my goals, preferences and history. There was also a small brainteaser that I had to solve in Eclipse. The second round was technical, with two senior developers. During the first short challenge I had to implement the service functionality for a UI component. Got some feedback on my coding style, and went on to the second exercise: a code review of a smaller project. It was both a communication exercise and a test for clean code principles and design patterns. The hole process was in English, from the homework exercise to the job offer.

Interview Questions
  • Describe the process how you started on of your pet projects.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews