TOTAL Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

TOTAL Interview Questions

Interviews at TOTAL

2.8

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carville, LA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TOTAL (Carville, LA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Ask a few questions and then took you on tour of the lab. I got the job through a staffing agency, they said they liked me but gave the job to two other people.

Interview Questions

• What kind of instruments are you comfortable with using?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Baton Rouge, LA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy interview on campus. Met with two people one technical and one from HR. Both were friendly and were looking to hire nice hard working individuals. No technical questions were asked. only had to do one on campus interview and got a call a month later.

Interview Questions

• describe a time in school where you struggled   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TOTAL (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Two Rounds technical questions For writers, a random sentence can help them get their creative juices flowing. Since the topic of the sentence is completely unknown, it forces the writer to be creative when the sentence appears. There are a number of different ways a writer can use the random sentence for creativity. The most common way to use the sentence is to begin a story. Another option is to include it somewhere in the story. A much more difficult challenge is to use it to end a story. In any of these cases, it forces the writer to think creatively since they have no idea what sentence will appear from the tool.

Interview Questions

• They asked about engineering questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process took about two weeks. I basically had 4 overall interviews with TOTAL. The first day was with HR and the hiring manager; and the follow-up interview day was with two other managers in the department. Luckily, most of the questions between the managers were all similar. I was hired a couple of days later after my follow-up interview and I had 24 hours to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are no negotiations as an intern (at least not from me). It's pretty ideal to get paid $20/hr.

HSE Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Interview process was on time, professional environment, average interview questions, at job working location; interview panel; average of 10 questions within 1 hour; be prepared, bring a copy of your resume;

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR shortly thereafter. After one phone screen I was brought in to meet with the VP and some colleagues. The next round was with the CEO. The final interview was by video with the department head in Paris. An offer came shortly after. The whole process took less than 2 months from application to start date. That is uncommon. I have seen Total take 6 months to decide on a candidate.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very difficult. They want to see that you have done your research on the company, can do the job, and most importantly, are a fit with the culture since French companies are a bit different than those from the U.S.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They came in over their stated expected range so there was no negotiation

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with Manager. Team interview on site. Very relaxed. Profressional. Specific to my job and experience.

Interview Questions

• What would I do to help/improve/motivate   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly easy. Not much room for negotiation...but fair.

Technical Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

smoothly very relaxed, 3 panel interviewers. The people were friendly and the process lasted for about an hour. The face to face interview was prior to 2 phone interviews with HR and Hiring manager.
    The HR was brief just got to know more about me and my availability for an interview with the hiring manager. 2 weeks after the phone interview i was called with an offer and given some time to sccept the offer.

Interview Questions

• what have you don differently that no one else has done.   1 Answer

Lease Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TOTAL (Fort Worth, TX (US)).

Interview

Very easy, I was in a room with 2 HR employees and they asked a series of easy questions. Mostly.l anget to know you type deal. Just be honest and everything will be fine. It’s a very big company and they have some pretty awesome managers

Interview Questions

• A time you had a difference with your co worker and how you handled it   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caguas, PR (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TOTAL (Caguas, PR (US)).

Interview

Describe your previous jobs. How you know about the offer. What are your future expectation with us. Very informal process of interview. Actually the process was not in a office with privacy. The process was in the delicatense on front of the entire clientele.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.