TPP Product Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

TPP Product Support Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at TPP

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TPP (Leeds, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online with CV. I was contacted a few days later and had a brief chat on the phone with a lady who then booked me in for interview a couple of weeks later.

Arrived at the interview, they gave me money back for my train journey which was generous. Waited 30 minutes for the interviewers to come and get me and they took me to a room. They asked the marble question, but despite getting the question right, they continued to interrupt me and ask why and how I got to the answer. I continued to explain but they didn't seem to want to listen. Interview finished shortly after and was told i'd hear from them in a week, sure enough got the customary brief email to say I wasn't successful.
Really strange vibe about the whole place - not sure i'd have taken the job even if offered based on my experience and the feedback read on here prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TPP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TPP (Leeds, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Entered the building was greeted by a nice man and sat for a while, then approached with no introduction by a girl who asked if I needed any travel reimbursing. Got this sorted, then the interviewers came around 15 mins later. A rather awkward introduction (they just said hello, didn’t ask my name or make any small talk). You could tell from their attitudes that they didn’t want to be doing the interview in the first place, seemed uninterested and bored throughout the interview (yes it may be boring but don’t make it obvious when I’ve travelled all this way and made an effort). Their bored attitudes showed in the questions they asked me as well, asked me basic questions about what I knew about the company and what I thought I would be doing in the role I applied for. Never asked any questions where I could show myself off to be honest. They asked me to do a logic task but I couldn’t do it and I think that’s when they had had enough of me by then as after I failed to do the task they asked me one more question and then ended the interview. Fair enough.

Overall, the interview was rubbish. Their questions were basic and boring, never asked me what skills I had or anything like that and it seemed like the whole interview was based around whether I could do the logic task or not. I had previously read bad reviews about the company on here and I can honestly say I agree with them. You can tell the company is so far up themselves and this shows in the employers attitudes as well.

Interview Questions

• What do you want out of your job role?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TPP (Leeds, England) in March 2019.

Interview

Arrived at the office, travel expenses refunded. One on one interview with someone in the same role. I was asked a few general interview questions and a logic problem. Interviewer was nice. Was advised I would be contacted within 7 days with a response.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions and logic problems   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TPP (Leeds, England) in April 2019.

Interview

I had been invited to a face to face interview all the way in Leeds after sending them my CV and having a very short phone call with them. The actual interview was fairly straightforward, the interviewer was friendly enough. I actually thought the interview went pretty well, I had a good background knowledge of the company and knew what the role entailed, and I had extensive experience in customer service, dealing with customers and their complaints.

The major issue arose when it came down to solving their logic puzzle. I was given the question, and asked to use the whiteboard to solve it. From looking on here it looks like others were asked the same question, it was the one about the marble bags being labelled incorrectly. I solved the whole thing in under a couple of minutes (I do riddles and puzzles quite often so it was something I was used to), clearly showed my steps on the whiteboard, and instead of being happy/impressed that I solved it, the woman interviewing me actually accused me of seeing the problem before the interview, as if that was the only way someone could solve it *that* quickly. I was a bit taken aback but accepted her offer of doing *another* puzzle, because apparently I wasn't meant to have solved it that quickly. I solved that one as well, it was a puzzle involving a 3L and 5L beaker, after I gave my answer, she said it was correct, but they wanted me to solve it another way. I gave a different way of solving it, she said it was correct, and that she had never seen it done that way before, but again, not the method she wanted. So after a few more minutes I got the THIRD correct answer for the puzzle and she was finally satisfied (she was still annoyed from the first puzzle it felt like).

To add to how ridiculous the puzzle cheating claim was, after the interview I asked my friends to try solving the puzzle, and they managed it just as quickly as me. Its not an inherently difficult question, so that's why I'm so confused why the woman interviewing me was so sure that I had cheated somehow.

I kept up happy/outgoing behaviour throughout the interview (even after that puzzle farce), and was informed that I would hear back within a week. I received my rejection email a few days later. I wholeheartedly believe the puzzle was the reason I wasn't hired, so let that be a lesson to those applying, this company clearly doesn't want critical thinkers like they advertise for, and if you are one of the lucky hundreds of people they interview, make sure you limit yourself in terms of intelligence, because apparently if you solve their puzzles faster than they can, you are obviously cheating. After reading some of the reviews here I can 100% believe the negative ones, this company will not reward you for forward thinking, you must be a silent cog in the machine. I have also never seen a collection of so obviously fake positive reviews. One even starts with "Am I being forced to write this? Absolutely not.", and another one has their con section start with "Really scraping the bottom of the barrel here". Anyone who has worked at literally any workplace knows that even if you love the job and the employers, there are easily a dozen things that you could list that you dislike about the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about what the company does?   1 Answer
    • You have 3 bags of marbles; one filled with Red marbles, one with green, and the third containing a mixture of the two. They are all labelled with either Red/Green/Mixed, except all the labels are wrong. How many marbles would you need to take out to determine what marbles are in each bag, and why?   1 Answer
    • You have 2 beakers, one that is 3L big, and the other being 5L. You have a bucket which you must fill to exactly 4L, and you must use these 2 beakers to get to that goal. You can fill and empty the beakers as many times as you want in order to get the 4L in the bucket. You cannot take water out of the bucket after you have filled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TPP (Leeds, England) in May 2018.

Interview

I was invited for an interview by a quick screening phone call after applying two weeks previously.
    I arrived at the interview and was greeted by a receptionist (very friendly) and then told to sit and wait.
    I was given my travel expenses- which is arguably the only positive of this terribly organised Interview.
    After waiting 20 minutes, I was greeted by one employee (dressed very casually) and ushered into a room with sofas (what kind of interview takes place on a sofa?)
    First red flag was that the interview was conducted by one man (who looked quite young and obviously wasn't a decision maker). I found it a bit offensive that I had done hours of research and made the effort to come to Horsforth-only to have a 30 minute interview with one man -who looked bored from the start and made no notes.

How can a company make decisions if the interviewer doesn't make notes? Every interview I have ever been to has had at least two interviewers (one to ask the question and one to note take.

In terms of the context of the interview-it was very standard (what do you know about company/why do you want to work there/what skills do you have).
    They asked the silly question about the 3bags of balls-mentioned below.

I honestly think that the company is very up themselves and is reliant on their large salaries to entice talent in.

Was a really negative experience and felt like a waste of time. In the email I received to confirm the interview it said this was the final interview -but after the interview he said that I would here within 7 days whether I have made it to the next interview. (Why have misleading information on the email? )

Would not recommend the interview to anyone- seems like a horrible company.

Interview Questions

• There are 3 bags of balls but they have all been mislabelled -using the fewest balls how can you tell which bag is which?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.