TTP Consultant Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at TTP

4.0

Mechanical Engineer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TTP (Melbourn, England) in October 2017.

Interview

10 days after my online application, I received an invitation for an interview at their office in Melbourn. The interview lasted around 3.5 hours, with a lunch break in between.

In the first part, you will be introduced to some people working in the HR department, where they will ask you about your motives and tell you more about the company.

The second is the technical interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of mechanism can you implement into a syringe to make sure the patient does not go too fast?   Answer Question
  • Imagine you have two balls in front of you. The two balls have the same mass and the same volume. However, one of the balls is hollow from the inside. How would you know which one is which?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for TTP

Consultant Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royston, East of England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TTP (Royston, East of England, England) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied via a recruitment agency and went straight to a first interview. Interview consisted of two main parts: the first, a meeting with HR for a general introduction to the company and my aspirations; the second, a technical interview (I had two back-to-back).

The technical interviews were difficult, but do-able with a moderate prompting from the interviewers. However, the questions were clearly standard questions for the company and seemed to be focussed on graduate degree knowledge (think equations of motion, frictional forces, inertia, etc...). Although this is something I was once taught, I have had nearly 10 years of commercial experience doing different types of work since I did my degree. I feel the technical questions therefore missed the mark when assessing my abilities.

Nonetheless, if that is their process then my advice is to ensure you check you know some 3rd/4th year University mechanical knowledge, even if applying for an experience position.

Interview Questions

• Four technical questions:
      1) two spheres of the same mass and volume, one solid and one hollow. How to do you tell which is which?
      2) Car driving towards a cliff, is it best to brake or turn to avoid?
      3) Water empting from a horizontal pipe into a container, you're measuring the weight of the container to get a known weight. There is a valve in the pipe which is closed when a specified weight is measured, what should it be set to?
      4) A drawer is sticking as you pull it out, what are the conditions for it not sticking?   1 Answer

Consultant Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TTP (Melbourn, England) in November 2018.

Interview

An online test followed by an interview at TTP headquarters in Melbourn. There were three stages, one with a HR representative and two with Consultants from the Medical Devices Team.

Interview Questions

• Design a device for automated injection of a drug, to be used by a patient. The rate of drug delivery must be limited so that the drugs cannot be injected in less than 10 seconds.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TTP (Melbourn, England) in July 2019.

Interview

If the online application is deemed to be acceptable, the applicant is asked to complete an hour-long online assessment answering a technical engineering question.

If the answer is deemed acceptable, the applicant is asked to attend an in-person technical interview. First a member of the HR team will describe the company structure and job description, then two different members of the engineering team will ask a series of resume related questions and technical engineering questions.

If the applicant performs well in the first interview, they will be invited for a second interview. In this second interview, the applicant will meet with the managing director and other senior members. This interview is more geared towards ensuring that the applicant is the right fit for the company socially rather than technically.

Interview Questions

• The questions are all engineering and physics related. Some are targeted to the candidates area of expertise, but most are general. Examples:

If you hold a ruler by placing one finger at each end, then move the fingers closer together, will they meet in the middle?

If the safety of a patient relies on a liquid medication not being administered too quickly, how do you engineer the syringe to dispense more slowly?

If a cyclist is experiencing a crosswind, will they have to put in more effort than they would if there was no wind?

You have two balls of equal mass. One is hollow, the other is solid, how do you determine which is which?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.