TTP Consultant Physicist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

TTP Consultant Physicist Interview Questions

Interviews at TTP

3.5

Consultant Physicist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TTP.

Interview

Had three interviews in total:

HR interview:

Positive experience, seemed very organised and just asked general questions (i.e. why did you want the job). Discussed perks of the company, which are good. Came across very professional. No preparation can be done for this stage.

1st interview with consultant:

Very passionate but completely incoherent interviewer, came across as if they hadn't slept in several days. We chatted about general physics for most of the interview, then they asked one classic undergraduate physics questions: just an exercise in calculus. Wasn't clear what they were looking for. This person clearly enjoyed working here, but came across overworked. They discussed example projects, which sounded dull given my expertise.

2nd interview with consultant:

Turned up late, hadn't read my CV and was completely unprepared, so much so it was either an Oscar winning performance or they really were not expecting to interview me. The interviewer just sulked for the whole interview. Curious to the reason for their bad mood I asked them 'Do you enjoy working here'. They replied 'No', giving reasons of being overworked and the not enjoying the projects they were working on. They did say they used (over 5 years ago) to enjoy working here.

Comments:

I went here with an offer from a similar company and was glad to accept this offer on the way home from the interview, happy in the knowledge I wouldn't (personally) want to work with TTP. That being said, I think it is worth interviewing with TTP, you will get an idea if its right for you, particularly as they reimburse travel expenses. If its right for you it may be great, but it seems like you will be worked hard if you were to join.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TTP

Consultant Physicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TTP (Cambridge, England).

Interview

- 30 min interview with HR to begin. Very welcoming, standard questions about CV and experience.
    - Hour long interviews with individual members of each team that was interested in CV. Mine were applied science and applied technology.

Interview 1:
    Q1) You have a bath full of water with a plug at the bottom. Upon removal of the plug how long will it take to empty? Then what effect on time would it have if a long hose was attached to the plug.

Q2) Discuss the important factors regarding flow through a porous media as applied to a novel pump system.

Q3) List alternatives to a filter in a dishwasher. List various cleaning methods for the filter. The point is to test innovative thinking.

Interview 2:
    A novel air pump was brought in with a set of tools. I was asked to dismantle the device and identify the components. Then a discussion on the operating principle.

Interview 3:
    Come up with various ways to reduce the power consumption of sensors at the bottom of a 3 km oil well. Topics included power transmission, wireless technology, electromagnetism, and Newtonian mechanics.

Generally the interview questions will be based on the experience and current projects of the interviewer, and there are apparently no set questions.

Interview Questions

• Q1 in interview was difficult as I was rusty on that aspect of fluid mechanics.
      Interview 3 was tough as it was from an actual consultancy project that the team had been working on for 3 years, yet I was expected to provide the solution in an hour.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.